Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I have beleived for a very long time that you should not complain about your seeding until you beat a higher seed. Think about it, if you are seeded too low then the higher seed got screwed having to play a 6 who is really a 3. Win, then say you were seeded too low.

We can argue about how each coach acted before, during and after the game but the bottom line is the coach from BR got his job done last night, the coach form Laf. did not.

I have rarely seen any Cajun team play as poorly as we did in the 1st half of the game last night. Why they played so badly I don't know, but it was a Hugh game and this was a very good Cajun team who lost almost every game that was built up to be big game.

Nevertheless I had fun watching basketball this year for the first time in a while. GEAUX CAJUNS
    Winners with crying towels are petty

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage View Post
    Winners with crying towels are petty
    Corn dogs in _______s is not natural

3. Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Here’s the deal

Whether they’re talking good about you or bad about you, they’re talking about you Wasn’t pretty but I bet Maggard and company aren’t too upset about the coverage.

Our basketball program hasn’t gotten this much pub in YEARS. And it was an NIT game. Against a very average basketball team.

Default Re: LSU showing there class.

I wasn’t able to go to or watch the game. I’ve read some comments here and just finished watching the highlights and both post game press conferences.

Anyone who says LOUISIANA playing LSU is not a big game is kidding themselves. The hype around LSU being in the SEC and their programs having won national championships gives their programs a certain mystique that playing a Sunbelt opponent will never have even when LSU team is not good. I think that atmosphere and them being an instate rival is great for our program, athletes and fans.

Because of their reputation and and the conference they are in, people assume they would have better players and coaches.
    Unfortunately we lost to them last night on the basketball court and how sweet a win would have been.

However, watching the post game coaches interviews, you can see them on KATC ap, I was much prouder to be a Cajun fan than I would be to be a Tiger fan. Their coach seemingly didn’t care about the Cajuns and never thought of us but sure did have every game score and every opponent memorized. He admitted that he called time out so we could enjoy playing him. Completely CLASSLESS. When someone doesn’t think much of you they don’t have every statistic from the last three years memorized and rattle off at press conferences. To Wade it wasn’t about winning it was about trying to embarrass and harass our team and coaches. He is childish and juvenile and I would be embarrassed if he was our coach.

Marlin didn’t bait the tigers, he said what he thought was right and I agree. Just like Tom Brady gets calls his way from officials because he’s “Tom Brady,” LSU got higher seed because they are LSU. Marlin was professional and although emotional during the game but I was proud of him and have a lot of respect for him. I would have preferred a win but it didn’t happen. He said he would have rather played in Lafayette but didn’t really make excuses.

Great season Cajuns and Coach Marlin, I tip my hat to you for being the adults in the room and promoting our University with CLASS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That's a totally different conversation so let me rephrase;

Louisiana basketball has a stronger case towards pointing out LSU's idiocy of avoidance than Louisiana baseball ever did, and baseball had a slam dunk case.
    That is still not accurate, Turbine. It absolutely would be good for both programs, I am not disagreeing with that. But baseball was in 2002 and still is a nationally relevant program. At no time since Jesse Evans left ( Lee coached Evan's players in the 2005 vacated wins year) has UL been relevant in terms of being competitive with really good teams, and the last time we were really relevant was the NIT final 4 year or the year of the NCAA win over Oklahoma, or the year we won the Great Alaska Shootout over Patrick Ewing and Georgetown.

Bob in 8 years has not won a single road game against a top 100 team from any of the 8 basketball power conferences (the P5 plus the Big East, the AAC and the A10). His only 2 top 100 road wins were against Sam Houston State and LTU, both of which had good RPI the same way we do; beat a bunch of mid level teams and don't have bad losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I don’t agree. Sorry, Basin. I have a ton of respect for you, seriously.

But we started this. Unfortunately, we didn’t finish it.
    What I'm asking, since you are saying we started it which sounds like to 3 year olds fighting and getting busted by their parents, is do you think the reaction by Wade and ending to the game with all of his antics were justified by the few things Marlin said during the week? Do you think his clown like actions were justified, as a head coach and leader of a major program by what was said by Marlin?

Funny part in all of this is that we played poorly. Gant was non existent and I don't know what type of deal Marquetti was going through but we needed his P5 athleticism and we got nothing.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What I'm asking, since you are saying we started it which sounds like to 3 year olds fighting and getting busted by their parents, is do you think the reaction by Wade and ending to the game with all of his antics were justified by the few things Marlin said during the week? Do you think his clown like actions were justified, as a head coach and leader of a major program by what was said by Marlin?
    Marlin shot a spit ball, Wade answered with an atomic bomb. No one can argue that.

9. Default

Funny part in all of this is that we played poorly. Gant was non existent and I don't know what type of deal Marquetti was going through but we needed his P5 athleticism and we got nothing.
    Marquetti has been non existent down the stretch of this season. He couldn’t stay in front of Waters.

Bryce, again, couldn’t finish around the basket. Stove forced the issue (prior to the 4th), Miller still taking awful shots, both low post players were totally dominated by Reath one on one, awful turnovers all game long.

And it was 72-73 with a minute to go

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Here’s the deal

Whether they’re talking good about you or bad about you, they’re talking about you Wasn’t pretty but I bet Maggard and company aren’t too upset about the coverage.

Our basketball program hasn’t gotten this much pub in YEARS. And it was an NIT game. Against a very average basketball team.
    You say that, but I recorded every NIT game last night hoping to see some coverage and there was none. One 1/2 time report said "LSU moves to the 2nd round with a win over Louisiana" and that was all I saw. Maybe there was something that I missed, but I scanned every game. BR is talking about classless Marlin was and not about the good competitive game. "Little Brother" came down the street, got beat, cried about from the top down, and went home with a loss. Nationally, the 9th place team in the SEC won a regional match up they "should have one". I don't see how we progressed at all. It was definitely a fun game and I loved the passion, I just wish that it could have been handled with more integrity and class. Hopefully we can schedule some games with better competition and get our SOS higher. Not picking on you, just frustrated about a lost opportunity. Great game though.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    That is still not accurate, Turbine. It absolutely would be good for both programs, I am not disagreeing with that. But baseball was in 2002 and still is a nationally relevant program. At no time since Jesse Evans left ( Lee coached Evan's players in the 2005 vacated wins year) has UL been relevant in terms of being competitive with really good teams, and the last time we were really relevant was the NIT final 4 year or the year of the NCAA win over Oklahoma, or the year we won the Great Alaska Shootout over Patrick Ewing and Georgetown.

Bob in 8 years has not won a single road game against a top 100 team from any of the 8 basketball power conferences (the P5 plus the Big East, the AAC and the A10). His only 2 top 100 road wins were against Sam Houston State and LTU, both of which had good RPI the same way we do; beat a bunch of mid level teams and don't have bad losses.
    LSU strength of schedule: 41
    LA SOS: 205

Definitely something to be said about who we play and how we do against them.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I have beleived for a very long time that you should not complain about your seeding until you beat a higher seed. Think about it, if you are seeded too low then the higher seed got screwed having to play a 6 who is really a 3. Win, then say you were seeded too low.

We can argue about how each coach acted before, during and after the game but the bottom line is the coach from BR got his job done last night, the coach form Laf. did not.

I have rarely seen any Cajun team play as poorly as we did in the 1st half of the game last night. Why they played so badly I don't know, but it was a Hugh game and this was a very good Cajun team who lost almost every game that was built up to be big game.

Nevertheless I had fun watching basketball this year for the first time in a while. GEAUX CAJUNS
    The higher seeds won every game. It's a huge advantage. The way you get higher seeds? Refuse to play good mid-majors at their place, so that you can reap the rewards of not having to play at their place in the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Similar reaction to winning mid week baseball games
    You obviously don't watch a lot of baseball Our reaction to a walk off hit is the same everywhere. Watch the big leagues. Walk-off has the same reaction. Go stick your head further up Mike's arse dude

The answers are a resounding NO They were not warranted. Wade just needs to grow up but he is in a perfect environment to act like a spoiled brat

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    You say that, but I recorded every NIT game last night hoping to see some coverage and there was none. One 1/2 time report said "LSU moves to the 2nd round with a win over Louisiana" and that was all I saw. Maybe there was something that I missed, but I scanned every game. BR is talking about classless Marlin was and not about the good competitive game. "Little Brother" came down the street, got beat, cried about from the top down, and went home with a loss. Nationally, the 9th place team in the SEC won a regional match up they "should have one". I don't see how we progressed at all. It was definitely a fun game and I loved the passion, I just wish that it could have been handled with more integrity and class. Hopefully we can schedule some games with better competition and get our SOS higher. Not picking on you, just frustrated about a lost opportunity. Great game though.
    We may not have progressed, but Wade gave opposing coaches on the recruiting trail plenty to talk to parents about.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information