Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

1. UL Basketball War of words made NIT game fun

Well that was fun.

The war of words before and after the game were what rivalries should be made of.

I'm just worried that they will decrease the chances of the two teams playing anytime over_the next two decades, not increase them.

In Monday's press luncheon, UL coach Bob Marlin let his frustration out about his Cajuns being a No. 6 seed with 27 wins and a higher RPI and having to travel to No. 3 LSU with 17 wins.

Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Will wade is an _____wipe. This series needs to happen every year and is exactly what college basketball is lacking. Great game and atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMBOOTS08 View Post
    Marlin ran his mouth to the media, and by losing really looks like s fool. On WWL they showed a part of the LSU’s pot game comments. He said how the UL team played hard and played well. Then said that for our coach’s to say that they were afraid to play them was crazy. He had never thought about UL once in his life. Really made us sound stupid.

Also said about the timeout with 10 seconds left, “they don’t get to play us very often, so I thought they should enjoy it a lil more”.

Thanks Marlin. Maybe you will learn to shut up next time.
    Seriously?

Marlin said we deserved a better seed. We had a higher RPI, we won as many games this year as they did the last two years, and we have a better gym than they do.

Literally all of these things are true.

If you're putting Wade's behavior on Marlin, that's some incredible foolishness.

I've never seen a college coach act like a jack___ to that extent in my life. Marline should've met him afterward and put him in the hospital.

Wait a second here. So we we post on here and Facebook how we should have been the higher seed. We post, and our coach comments, that LSU has been afraid to play us.

Then when they beat us by 8 points, we complain that they don’t have any class?

I don’t give two ____s about LSU either way, but the “lack of class” that’s being complained about, we helped bring upon ourselves this past week. LSU had no lack of motivation from us.

How about we just keep our mouths shut and play. That’s what Robe did last week.

And for complaining about the seed, we got whipped this year by the worst team in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    And for complaining about the seed, we got whipped this year by the worst team in the SEC.
    And the worst team in the SBC!

Wait a second here. So we we post on here and Facebook how we should have been the higher seed. We post, and our coach comments, that LSU has been afraid to play us.

I don’t give two ____s about LSU either way, but the “lack of class” that’s being complained about, we helped bring upon ourselves this past week. LSU had no lack of motivation from us.

How about we just keep our mouths shut and play. That’s what Robe did last week.
    I seem to recall a Robe-coached team causing a similar rukus in a Baton Rouge regional before.

Once again, where did marlin say LSU was scared to play us? Baton Rouge media turned that around and lit a spark under will Wade’s fatass

9. UL Basketball Louisiana Falls To LSU In First Round Of NIT, 84-76

Frank Bartley scored a team-high 21 points, including tying a season-high with five 3-pointers, but LSU used a 22-13 second quarter to take a 12-point lead at halftime and earn an 84-76 victory over the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns in the first round of the NIT on Wednesday at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Guys.I love UL.but to say Marlin wasn’t talking schat pre-game is blind loyalty.if shoe was on the other foot.we would be loving it to rub it in their faces after winning.just my opinion.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Once again, where did marlin say LSU was scared to play us? Baton Rouge media turned that around and lit a spark under will Wade’s fatass
    Marlin implied that they were scared. If you can't see that I don't know what to say

Still to get cursed out and flipped off by their fans and to have their student section throw things at our cheerleader a a dang joke

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Think what you want.

We have no reason to _____ about LSU’s lack of class here. We ignited the fire.

Nobody looks good in this deal

15. UL Basketball NIT: Louisiana drops 'emotionally charged' game at LSU

Down by a dozen points at halftime, UL wasn’t about to cave.

Not in a first-round NIT game.

Not with seniors Johnathan Stove and Frank Bartley IV playing back in their hometown.

And certainly not in just the sixth game LSU has granted the Ragin’ Cajuns since 1945 — according to Tiger records, which differ_from those of UL.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information