Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Bb G3 Final: Louisiana 5, South Alabama 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Have we seen the last of Todd Lott?
    One of the great mysteries of the universe. The disappearance of Todd Lott.

2. Default

Lott was great at beginning of last year- then he bought in to Talbot’s “system”.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    Lott was great at beginning of last year- then he bought in to Talbot’s “system”.
    As a team, they’re hitting below .200. I don’t think you can point the finger at any one player

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    If he gets some good ABs in intrasquads he will probably get an opportunity at some point. No one has really grabbed the DH role with gusto
    "gusto" that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    One of the great mysteries of the universe. The disappearance of Todd Lott.
    Not much a mystery. He was a guy who dominated every level and then stepped in here and had a hot start to the year last year and since then he's lost confidence. I don't know Talbot but judging by posts on here, he doesn't seem to have a good rapport with his guys. I think Lott just needs to square a couple of balls up for his own sanity.

Has anyone mentioned the absence of Jacob Norman? Hurt?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Not much a mystery. He was a guy who dominated every level and then stepped in here and had a hot start to the year last year and since then he's lost confidence. I don't know Talbot but judging by posts on here, he doesn't seem to have a good rapport with his guys. I think Lott just needs to square a couple of balls up for his own sanity.

Some personal stuff.

You can go back to when Lott was yanked out of the lineup last year. I posted that he was mentally shot after that. I players Dad told me that at the away midweek game. He was 100% correct.

Best hitter they saw all year, nationwide biggest hitting recruit in Cajun history. natural hitter that we’d be lucky to land (because the pros wanted him) All stuff we heard The guy can’t get on the field in year 2.

He will most certainly go to a summer league and hit .400

7. Default Re: Bb G3 Final: Louisiana 5, South Alabama 11

NORMAN had a couple of nice outings last season. Where is he?

8. Default Re: Bb G3 Final: Louisiana 5, South Alabama 11

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

He will most certainly go to a summer league and hit .400
    If he hit that here this year, we could give him 2 spots in the lineup.

I was wondering the same.

Default Re: Bb G3 Final: Louisiana 5, South Alabama 11

Can't put this teams problems all on Talbotwhere was tony, the self proclaimed greatest pitching coach today when we gave up 8 in the first.was he looking for his pal russo for the rest of the funny $$$$ or was he out trying to secure some more free housing that some players get once they prove themselves.once again I'll ask why did he pitch gunner last year knowing he was hurtwas it to ensure the kid would fail his mlb physical and come back to his 2nd daddy for another year???How did tony make D-Mo a beast then turn him into nothing again.great job coach!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If he hit that here this year, we could give him 2 spots in the lineup.
    And the hitting coach job

Todd hit .310 regular season in Anchorage last summer, then .425 in the league championship series, 5 games. WOOD BATS.

Something not right here.

http://an_bucs.wttbaseball.pointstre.seasonid=30809

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Todd hit .310 regular season in Anchorage last summer, then .425 in the league championship series, 5 games. WOOD BATS.

Something not right here.

http://an_bucs.wttbaseball.pointstre.seasonid=30809

He ain’t the only one that’s gone off in summer ball and laid an egg here. Really wish I knew JT’s philosophy on hitting. One day we look at strike 1 and strike 2 then come out our shoes on strike 3. The next we hunting the fastball with aggressive swings on the first pitch and hitting lazy fly balls. Is it up to each hitter to have their own approach? Is it something he’s telling them to do? I guess “ See ball hit ball” don’t work at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    He ain't the only one that's gone off in summer ball and laid an egg here. Really wish I knew JT's philosophy on hitting. One day we look at strike 1 and strike 2 then come out our shoes on strike 3. The next we hunting the fastball with aggressive swings on the first pitch and hitting lazy fly balls. Is it up to each hitter to have their own approach? Is it something he's telling them to do? I guess " See ball hit ball" don't work at this level.
    From what I've heard talbot tries to dictate there approach on almost every AB and the players from last year stop listening to him and started to see success I.e. Izzy Edwards & Sensley (room mates)they caught some backlash from Talbot but they was hitting so well towards the mid to back half of the season he had no choice but to let them do there on thing unfortunately Edwards broke his hand close to the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by TjCajun View Post
    From what I've heard talbot tries to dictate there approach on almost every AB and the players from last year stop listening to him and started to see success I.e. Izzy Edwards & Sensley (room mates)they caught some backlash from Talbot but they was hitting so well towards the mid to back half of the season he had no choice but to let them do there on thing unfortunately Edwards broke his hand close to the end of the season
    So Talbot can't coach ,can't recruit ,players hate him ,fans hate him why is he still here

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information