Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: NIT

Default NIT

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018.h-stream-espnu

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/basketball-men/nit

Selection Process
    The NIT Selection Committee will conduct selections for the 2018 National Invitation Tournament, March 9-11. Any regular-season champion of an NCAA Division I conference (as determined by the conference’s tie-break protocol) not otherwise selected to the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship will secure an automatic qualification into the NIT. The committee will then select the best available teams to fill the 32-team NIT field. Once selected teams are seeded and placed into one of four eight-team regions.

First, Second and Quarterfinal Rounds
    The first three rounds of the NIT are hosted at the campus site of one of the participating teams. For each game, the higher-seeded team will have the first option to host unless logistical circumstances preclude such an opportunity. First Round games will be played March 13 and 14, Second Round games are scheduled for March 15-19 and Quarterfinal Round games will be played March 20 and 21.

We play in a few days!!!!!
    Any chance at all in hosting in the 1st round? LA RPI at 61 this morning which I would assume is a good RPI if not one of the best out of all the NIT Teams.

Default Re: NIT

It is a decent RPI. It may not be amongst the best of those teams with an automatic selection but it won't be bad. Every year there are teams that don't get in to the NCAA with RPI's in the 40-50's and some even in the 30's. Not sure what to expect at this point.

Default NIT bracketology

Have us as a 7 seed going to Nebraska. I thought we might have a shot at a home game. Looks doubtful.

https://saltlakecitybestbusiness.wor.ble-opponents/

Default Re: NIT bracketology

In the same group as Arizona State. Wow. Kind of a buzzkill to see us as a 7 seed which puts us near the bottom in terms of rankings.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It is a decent RPI. It may not be amongst the best of those teams with an automatic selection but it won't be bad. Every year there are teams that don't get in to the NCAA with RPI's in the 40-50's and some even in the 30's. Not sure what to expect at this point.
    I think geography also plays a part in seeding since the first 3 rounds are campus sites. I'm guessing even with a higher RPI we might be a lower seed than normal due to other teams in the general area having better RPIs.
    Anyone know the criteria for seeding in the NIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I think geography also plays a part in seeding since the first 3 rounds are campus sites. I'm guessing even with a higher RPI we might be a lower seed than normal due to other teams in the general area having better RPIs.
    Anyone know the criteria for seeding in the NIT?

No real premise for seeding other than who can sell the most ticket$.

7. Default Re: NIT

Quote Originally Posted by Alum78 View Post
    No real premise for seeding other than who can sell the most ticket$.
    And 📺 👀.

The loss to LR cost us a few seeds.

Happy we still make a good tourney, but we won't be the best we can be with injured Stove and ill Gant. Hope we get a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Happy we still make a good tourney, but we won't be the best we can be with injured Stove and ill Gant. Hope we get a home game.

We won't get a home game. Highest projected seed I've seen is 6. The best we can hope for is to be paired with LSU, and bring a few thousand to Baton Rouge Wednesday night. Would love to beat them twice in one week.

Joe Lunardi has the Cajuns as a 16 seed in the NCAA play-in game.is he on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Joe Lunardi has the Cajuns as a 16 seed in the NCAA play-in game.is he on drugs?
    Hey, we may win a tourney game then.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Think he is on drugs. 16 seed play in games are auto-qualifiers with the worst RPI's from the worst conferences. The 11 seed play in games are the lowest at-large bids - featuring some teams that would have been excluded without the play-in game scenario.

14. Default Re: NIT bracketology

Do we have option to chose another tourney instead to get home game?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Think he is on drugs. 16 seed play in games are auto-qualifiers with the worst RPI's from the worst conferences. The 11 seed play in games are the lowest at-large bids - featuring some teams that would have been excluded without the play-in game scenario.
    Seems like the play in games should have the four 16 seeds.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information