Thread: NIT

1. Default Re: NIT

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
    Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
    Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
    O Lord, kum bay ya.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I am late to this thread, but you are spot on. We played no one and do not deserve a home game. Playing a bad LSU team is a best case scenario. If we can’t beat LSU we were never going to win a NCAA game.
    Per NCAA rankings, regardless of what you think of them, Cajuns were 30 RPI spots better than LSU. 30.

Cajuns absolutely deserved to host a game, look at the rest of the field Metry.

And btw, please show me all the great teams LSU beat.

Default Re: NIT

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I am late to this thread, but you are spot on. We played no one and do not deserve a home game. Playing a bad LSU team is a best case scenario. If we can’t beat LSU we were never going to win a NCAA game.
    I don't think LSU is a bad team at all when they play at home. Late in the season they were beating their SEC opponents easily in Baton Rouge. Their little guard is a very exciting player and when their bigs play well they can be tough on anyone. As far as our team goes, health situation did them in. You are correct in that we would have had little chance in any NCAA game had we somehow managed to get out of the SBC without Gant and Stove at 100%.

This team has won a lot of games, and they have won many of them with complete domination. I have not seen this team beat a quality opponent, and this will be a tough game for us. I do hope the Cajuns can pull this one out. Geaux UL!

QUestion is, how is our players health. Any word on Gant and the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Per NCAA rankings, regardless of what you think of them, Cajuns were 30 RPI spots better than LSU. 30.

Unfortunately, the SEC was rated as a strong conference this year. They got in 8 teams into the tournament. It doesn't help that they beat Houston, Memphis, Michigan, Texas A & M (twice) Arkansas and Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    QUestion is, how is our players health. Any word on Gant and the rest?
    Just viewed an impromptu press conference with Coach Marlin that was copied to KPEL's FB page. He said Gant is still not well, barely practicing, and not sure how he will be by Wednesday. He sounded doubtful he would be anywhere near 100% by that day. One encouraging note was that he is eating better now than he was last week. He did not address the situation with Stove's ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Just viewed an impromptu press conference with Coach Marlin that was copied to KPEL's FB page. He said Gant is still not well, barely practicing, and not sure how he will be by Wednesday. He sounded doubtful he would be anywhere near 100% by that day. One encouraging note was that he is eating better now than he was last week. He did not address the situation with Stove's ankle.
    thanks.. not encouraging . We need his presence in the middle and miller to remember that he plays best in the paint.

Im bowing out of this argument, because I honestly get it. I get the whole pride thing and I get that people will get excited.

I just see this entire last few days completely different than a lot
    of you guys do.

Gant and Stove will not be ready to play. So if we go to LSU and win, the excuses about health are proven to be horse crap (unless you honestly believe UTA is better than LSU).

Will Wade is a hell of a coach. If we beat him, it'll be the best coach we've beaten in the Marlin era.

So legitimately, this could happen: Your reward for winning 27 games, a conference title and school record wins is traveling to Baton Rouge, LA, a place that despises you and doesn't deserve to host a game, in a tournament that no one cares about.. and walking out with a loss. Season concluded. Congrats.

I'm sorry, that's just not something I'm willing to get excited about.
    Get where you are coming from. No doubt the system does not work in our favor. However, some people just want to support their team regardless of the difficult circumstances. You would do the same for the baseball team.

Michigan, Houston, Memphis, Arkansas twice, Texas A&M twice.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Get where you are coming from. No doubt the system does not work in our favor. However, some people just want to support their team regardless of the difficult circumstances. You would do the same for the baseball team.
    Mike, with all due respect, not a single baseball fan would be excited to play LSU (especially on the road) or anyone in a second tier post season tournament if we fell short of our goal of the NCAAs.

Two totally different scenarios.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Michigan, Houston, Memphis, Arkansas twice, Texas A&M twice.
    I was trying to bait Metry 😂

No seriously, I didn’t know they beat Michigan. I don’t consider those other teams great wins.

As someone said earlier, this weekend was a kick to the testes for Cajun sports all around. I stayed pi$%ed off and aggravated most of the time. It hurts to be a fan of UL sometimes, not gonna lie.

I was trying to bait Metry 😂

No seriously, I didn’t know they beat Michigan. I don’t consider those other teams great wins.
    They beat them very early in the season when Michigan was playing like dog____ but they beat them nonetheless. With the "strength" of the SEC this year, they were helped with those wins.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    As someone said earlier, this weekend was a kick to the testes for Cajun sports all around. I stayed pi$%ed off and aggravated most of the time. It hurts to be a fan of UL sometimes, not gonna lie.
    Its painful more often than not.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information