Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: NIT

1. Default Re: NIT

Hope we aren't that stupid and just wonder the reasons that something like that would be leaked outA rat smells!!!

2. Default Re: NIT

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Hope we aren't that stupid and just wonder the reasons that something like that would be leaked outA rat smells!!!
    Leaked or not, Wade will probably have that plastered all over the locker room when the tigahs get there tomorrow.

Default Re: NIT

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We did not make it out of the semis because we are not healthy. I am confident with Gant and Stove at their normal condition, we reach the finals. Who knows what would have happened at that point with those two ready to go. As things stand now, I don't see a high ankle sprain getting much better in four days as those take weeks to heal. I had one that took three months to improve enough for me to run a little. Granted, I have seen my younger days and these guys get great treatment. You also don't get over pneumonia in a week. Without those two guys, we have quite a challenge on Wednesday. It is also a great opportunity however.
    Hopefully Gant being close for the tourney means that he will be good to go for Wednesday - IF he was truly close for the tournament on Saturday - Marlin - I think - had said he was good to go. So he had to be at least close.

I have been informed that our administration began working on transportation for students and fans earlier this evening. LSU plays South Alabama in baseball Wed. night which could make parking difficult. That is one reason transportation is being looked into. When info is available, it will likely be placed on RaginCajuns.com. Yes it is unfortunate we have to go on the road against the major state school after a strong regular season. I somewhat agree that mid major basketball is being killed by the system. Despite that, the team would appreciate any support they can get on Wednesday night. People going are likely not doing so to indicate support for the system. They are going to support the guys on the team-nothing more and nothing less. Basketball supporters would likely do that if the game were nearby regardless of opponent. Same attitude many of you baseball first guys would have in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We had the best team in a decade. Health be damned, we beat TX St by 26 with ZERO points from Stove, Gant and Marquetti The same TX St that BEAT UTA ok.

I’m not gunna sit here and watch our fan base celebrate over TRAVELING to ____ hole refineryville. Even in this second rate, bull____ tournament, we deserved to host a game. But because it’s A&M & BR, we’re supposed to be excited? Pease ____ing spare me.
    Let the church say.Amen! Well said!

The athletics twitter page tweeted out that Cajuns fans are encouraged to sit in sections 218-222

Anyone else having deja vulast week it was it’s just another game.who cares if it’s lsu, they’re nothing special, etc.we win Wednesday night and post game thoughts will be identical.everyone here having their chests so far out bra straps will bust.the excitement has nothing to with NIT feelings.100% about pride on the line.

Do you people for one second actually believe the ncaa, sec and LSU are going to allow us to walk out of the PMAC with a win?
    Not one bit MAT, but i want to at least try!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Never said I was excited because of our opponent. I merely said I'm ready to support my team. But, okay big guy.
    You came at me, remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The athletics twitter page tweeted out that Cajuns fans are encouraged to sit in sections 218-222

13. Default Re: NIT

Im bowing out of this argument, because I honestly get it. I get the whole pride thing and I get that people will get excited.

I just see this entire last few days completely different than a lot
    of you guys do.

Gant and Stove will not be ready to play. So if we go to LSU and win, the excuses about health are proven to be horse crap (unless you honestly believe UTA is better than LSU).

Will Wade is a hell of a coach. If we beat him, it’ll be the best coach we’ve beaten in the Marlin era.

So legitimately, this could happen: Your reward for winning 27 games, a conference title and school record wins is traveling to Baton Rouge, LA, a place that despises you and doesn’t deserve to host a game, in a tournament that no one cares about and walking out with a loss. Season concluded. Congrats.

I’m sorry, that’s just not something I’m willing to get excited about.

You came at me, remember that.
    I hear ya, I'm just annoyed with all of the negativity. Not just from you, but others too. I mean, we lost on Saturday. We did that. We missed our chance. So this is next best opportunity. And honestly I think we should still be supporting our guys regardless of opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Yup. Lets be honest. We beat no one to earn respect. Here is our chance. Best season against bad competition is the respect you get when you don't even get to conference title game. Go to BR and win we earn respect. We can do it.
    I am late to this thread, but you are spot on. We played no one and do not deserve a home game. Playing a bad LSU team is a best case scenario. If we can’t beat LSU we were never going to win a NCAA game.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information