Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Do you really think LSU rpi will stay in the eighties?
    Maybe?

2. Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

It's always a "privilege" to have ANY team of that quality coming into our house to play a mid-week game, or any game for that matter. Forget that it is LSU, that matters NOT ONE BIT.

The interest in this game just from a ticket and butts in the stands standpoint shows this. The interest would be no less if any other top 25 program were coming to town for a mid week game. Mark it down.

So let's quit bickering, enjoy the game and root for our team with all our regular zeal. Geaux Cajuns

3. Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Im not saying it means nothing it's another team with a mid 80's RPI.It's higher than our right now
    RPI means nothing right now. When we beat them and they have a top 25 RPI at the end of the season it we will show we beat a top 25 RPI team. There will be no astric saying they were an 80 RPI team when we beat them. It's how you finish not how you start.

I’m confused AFthe message around here for YEARS has been bring in top tier opponents and fans will support.we have a top tier at home and now it’s just another game???

It would show that we don't think they are some kind of deity blessing us with their presence 3 games vs South Al who has an RPI of 16 compared to Midweek team with an RPI of 82
    Do we really need to have the RPI explanation talk this early in the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Recruiting? I doubt it. Bragging rights? I guess, maybe. Rpi is huge and maybe a win in an electric atmosphere can get the team going
    We've had several players that could have easily gone there. Lee and Harris come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Maryland and Va Tech, did Schef schedule both?
    Yes. He wants to visit here during Mardi Gras. Both of those series are scheduled Mardi Gras weekend. After he left Maryland, their new HC decided he would honor the agreement.

Three games vs a top 20 RPI team is not better than one-midweek match vs #80?
    MUCH too early to even glance at RPI at this point. Meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I'm confused AFthe message around here for YEARS has been bring in top tier opponents and fans will support.we have a top tier at home and now it's just another game???
    We have a great series this weekend much thats more impactful than the game today On a side note I would be much happier packing 5k into a midweek game vs Houston or Tulane than da tighhas

It would show that we don't think they are some kind of deity blessing us with their presence 3 games vs South Al who has an RPI of 16 compared to Midweek team with an RPI of 82
    Who do you think will have a better RPI at the end of the year? Also, no one is fawning over LSU. We are excited about a top ranked team coming to our place. It would be that way with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

The interest in this game just from a ticket and butts in the stands standpoint shows this. The interest would be no less if any other top 25 program were coming to town for a mid week game. Mark it down.
    I will respectfully disagree. While I’m looking forward to hosting LSU tonight, it should never be a privilege. Robe said in his presser on Monday that LSU has that rotating in-state schedule every year, and we fall on it this year. To me, that’s kind of like LSU’s way of saying. “It’s your turn to have us over.” As if we are in line to get the distinct honor to reel them in. Please lol. Yes, LSU baseball has a unique history; but that doesn’t mean we should bow down to their graces because they decided to come in for a midweek matchup. I also don’t think that any other top 25 program would be selling tickets for over $150 a piece like this one has.

Again, I’m not complaining about LSU coming to town because I think it’s great for our fans and our program. I also think that attracting the likes of Texas, Virginia Tech, and Maryland is huge for our program. But it’s the players and the fans that built that as well. We all played a role in that from what the team did on the field to what we the fans do to create an awesome environment at The Tigue.

All in all, let’s get the win tonight and look forward to a tough weekend matchup with South Al.

You are looking at this all wrong. 13 of the 14 games to start the season are all important. So for the record is not great and the team needs to win tonight and this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Who do you think will have a better RPI at the end of the year? Also, no one is fawning over LSU. We are excited about a top ranked team coming to our place. It would be that way with anyone.
    #22* Coastal is 2 spots behind them hope we make t-shirts for that game as well

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Rankings are not terribly important. Nobody in the State of LA is killing it right now. I think LSU has the best RPI at 88 per Boyds World

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    What has this team done so far to make you like our chances? I hope Cajuns win but don't see it happening.
    Don't get it twisted.he wants LSU to win.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information