Thread: Meeting Dion Brown turns writer into fan again

1. UL Basketball Meeting Dion Brown turns writer into fan again

It’s been a special season in the Cajundome for the UL Ragin’ Cajuns.

Prior to Saturday’s surprising overtime loss to Little Rock on Senior Night, coach Bob Marlin’s team had won every home game on its way to securing the No. 1 seed in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament and regular season championship.

For this sports writer, though, the top moment of the season ironically came during the halftime ceremony when my favorite all-time Ragin’ Cajun basketball player Dion Brown was recognized for his induction into the UL Athletics Hall of Fame last fall.

Default Re: Meeting Dion Brown turns writer into fan again

FWIW, it was cool to see a 5 star recruit in our building. Based on Dion's comments, I think the odds of getting his son went up several times! Instead of 2-3% chance it's easily 6-9% now. 😁 Regardless of what he's thinking of doing, it was apparent he was into the game and pulling for his Dad's old college team last night.

That was a good read!

One of my favorite Foote articles! I liked that whole team, with Graylin Warner being one of my all-time favorites. But Dion was up there too! He was a very steady, somewhat under-rated player. Always very clutch. Glad he had a great return and a fun visit. I spent a lot of the game watching Dion & Graylin talking & laughing with their wives sitting between them. That was great to see! Oh, and watching his son, Jordan, was pretty cool too! That would be awesome to see him in a Ragin' Cajun uniform!

Thread Information