Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not surprising. Talbot’s system says the strikeout isn’t as bad as historically thought, analytically speaking

Which I have said from day one is utter and complete nonsense.
    The strikeout is devastating to an offense. It is a confidence and momentum killer. At the same time it gives the pitcher more confidence. Nothing can be accomplished offensively with a strikeout. I don't care what numbers say. JT is off his rocker if he truly believes the strikeout is not that bad.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Really not fair to place the expectations on this young kid to hit in the 2 hole just because the team has nobody else to place there. Had he started out on fire and demonstrated he was ready, maybe. I agree that he should have been given more time towards the bottom of the line up to catch his feet and get a feel for D1 pitching, especially the pitching we have generally been facing early in this schedule. He got put on the pedestal way too early and he/we paying for it.
    I’ve seen many times, players get ruined mentally from this exact situation. It’s one thing to weather a guy, it’s another thing to break him.

Not saying that this will break Hayden, because I don’t think that, but it’s a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    Please don’t try to use logic, it doesn’t fit the narrative perpetuated around here. There were 4 freshmen in the lineup against one of the best arms in the country, with an extremely liberal zone behind the plate. It sucked, not arguing that, but let’s see where this team sits in conference. This is baseball, not football. Some should stop treating it as such.
    I was critical when hud made stupid calls i will do the same for Robe & marlin Robe ____ed himself this year and will have to answer for it

4. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

I’ve seen many times, players get ruined mentally from this exact situation. It’s one thing to weather a guy, it’s another thing to break him.

Not saying that this will break Hayden, because I don’t think that, but it’s a slippery slope.
    Not sure about "breaking" him, but it has become quite obvious that will not "make him" in two hole. He is batting .100 and has 9 SO's on 30 AB's. That is just not working, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I was critical when hud made stupid calls i will do the same for Robe & marlin Robe ____ed himself this year and will have to answer for it
    I have much more loyalty to Robe than Hud and Marlin. You are not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Cantrelle probably needs to sit for a game or two or at least move down in the order 3 for 30 is a tough way to start your collegiate career. Hope he can figure out college pitching soon.
    Cantrelle had college pitching figured last summer. Hit .308 in college summer woodbat league.

http://pointstreak.com/baseball/play.ayerid=1147234

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Cantrelle had college pitching figured last summer. Hit .308 in college summer woodbat league.

Thats the problem All our players go away to summer leagues and knock the ball out of the park with regularity. They come home and get stymied .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I have no clue on his coaching abilities.but if my memory is correcthe wasn’t exactly known to tear the cover off the ball.
    His stats has nothing to do with being an effective hitting coach.what was Robicheaux’s lifetime ERA??

Brooks probably wouldn’t be interested BUT he would be a huge improvement over what we have. Ask Mikey Mahtook if he’s a good hitting coach.

This team is simply getting "cut up" early. It's going to pay huge dividends come regional time.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Thats the problem All our players go away to summer leagues and knock the ball out of the park with regularity. They come home and get stymied .
    Not much coaching in summer ball. They let the players play.

I’d take .208 right now. I agree with others, move him down the lineup and let him see more fastballs.

Our guys always hit well in summer league. Then they come home and practice bunting and staying back on breaking balls for singles. When that’s what both of your head coaches want.it’s what you get. I remember when Chase Compton use to absolutely rake in Alaska, then turn into an easy out during college baseball.

Not surprising. Talbot’s system says the strikeout isn’t as bad as historically thought, analytically speaking

Which I have said from day one is utter and complete nonsense.
    Ask the Houston Astros about cutting down on strikeouts and improvement. They went from 84 wins and amongst the league leaders in strikeouts to having near the fewest strikeouts and the World Series title.

what time is todays game

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    what time is todays game
    Scheduled for 3:30 but would estimate closer to 4:30 start time.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information