Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

We would have trouble beating Saint Peters this year

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    Hire Brooks Badeaux. He’s available, local, and has an impressive resume.
    I don't think he would take the job, IF offered.

Solution is clear. Cut losses with Talbot and let him go. Let Jace move up to interim hitting coach. CANNOT do any worse. Can only get better.

17 Ks is beyond unacceptable. And Talbot was crying about the strikezone. You know what, that ump was pretty consistent on both sides. Make a freakin' adjustment and swing the dang bat if it's close!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Hold on, hold on - I bet you a dime against a dollar that no team who has risen to this level in the rankings has faced the caliber of arms that the Cajuns have faced accross the board in this first nine games on the schedule. And better yet, we got it lined up to continue this good push in the next 6 games. Get ready for the ride. We should be weathered by now.
    Please don’t try to use logic, it doesn’t fit the narrative perpetuated around here. There were 4 freshmen in the lineup against one of the best arms in the country, with an extremely liberal zone behind the plate. It sucked, not arguing that, but let’s see where this team sits in conference. This is baseball, not football. Some should stop treating it as such.

4. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    We would have trouble beating Saint Peters this year
    Peacocks still looking for that elusive win.

Brian

How are there 5 teams worse? This is insane that you could have a collection of hitters this bad. You could grab HS all district players and do just as good. Kudos to our pitching staff for doing your part.

I could’ve sworn I saw Talbot yelling at Cantrelle when he was coming off of the field after striking out in the 7th or 8th inning. If that was the case, then we are in a lot more trouble than I thought.

7. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    Please don't try to use logic, it doesn't fit the narrative perpetuated around here. There were 4 freshmen in the lineup against one of the best arms in the country, with an extremely liberal zone behind the plate. It sucked, not arguing that, but let's see where this team sits in conference. This is baseball, not football. Some should stop treating it as such.
    This is absolutely, definitely not football. There's a lot more hitting going on in football.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I could’ve sworn I saw Talbot yelling at Cantrelle when he was coming off of the field after striking out in the 7th or 8th inning. If that was the case, then we are in a lot more trouble than I thought.
    It goes both ways. Players have to execute and coaches teach them how. Failures on execution = failures on the coaching staff.

Cantrelle probably needs to sit for a game or two or at least move down in the order 3 for 30 is a tough way to start your collegiate career. Hope he can figure out college pitching soon.

The players have been yelled at a lot since the season started. Most of the time out of public view

Default Re: BB thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Just wondering if there is a stat on strikes total of called and swinging strikes.no doubt swinging at bad pitches is not a good thing but if the bat doesn't swing there can be no hits.not just talking 3rd strike but the first and second ones also!!!
    Checking my scoring program:

54 Swinging, 18 Looking72 total. 267 AB equates to striking out 26% of the time.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Checking my scoring program:

54 Swinging, 18 Looking72 total. 267 AB equates to striking out 26% of the time.
    Not surprising. Talbot’s system says the strikeout isn’t as bad as historically thought, analytically speaking

Which I have said from day one is utter and complete nonsense.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Cantrelle probably needs to sit for a game or two or at least move down in the order 3 for 30 is a tough way to start your collegiate career. Hope he can figure out college pitching soon.
    Hayden is going to be a great player for us. But he is not a 2 hole hitter right now, I don’t care how well he “handles the bat”.

Put him in the 7-8 slot and let him see some fastballs. It is mind-numbing that these coaches can not see this.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    The players have been yelled at a lot since the season started. Most of the time out of public view
    Another reason why the guys can’t stand playing for JT.

15. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Hayden is going to be a great player for us. But he is not a 2 hole hitter right now, I don't care how well he "handles the bat".

Put him in the 7-8 slot and let him see some fastballs. It is mind-numbing that these coaches can not see this.
    Really not fair to place the expectations on this young kid to hit in the 2 hole just because the team has nobody else to place there. Had he started out on fire and demonstrated he was ready, maybe. I agree that he should have been given more time towards the bottom of the line up to catch his feet and get a feel for D1 pitching, especially the pitching we have generally been facing early in this schedule. He got put on the pedestal way too early and he/we paying for it.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information