Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Silver liningif you are going to lose, do it quickly. Lot of short 3-4 batter innings this season. Rare for UL to get to 6.

I see a lot of ppl guessing on here. Talbot makes the lineup with zero interference from robe. Talbot nor bab can judge talent and has zero clue how to teach hitting. The only way hitting gets better is if the kids figure it out on their own. I do love tho how allllll these pre season polls had the cajuns ranked haha not one of those pollsters actually went and saw a practice. Cause if they did they would of known for a long time now that this team has a couple hitters at most!

3. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gdog17 View Post
    I see a lot of ppl guessing on here. Talbot makes the lineup with zero interference from robe. Talbot nor bab can judge talent and has zero clue how to teach hitting. The only way hitting gets better is if the kids figure it out on their own. I do love tho how allllll these pre season polls had the cajuns ranked haha not one of those pollsters actually went and saw a practice. Cause if they did they would of known for a long time now that this team has a couple hitters at most!
    Very small sample size but that is exactly what I saw also. Went to 3 practices. Lahare hit a HR at one and Breaux got two singles at another. Breaux not there. Those were the only two impressionable things I saw. Left thinking "who is going to hit on this team."

After 9 games I haven't found him!!!!!

Breaux isn't helping this team besides in the field. Lahare got lucky. Stay tuned for that. Talbot is so far up that kids ___ he will for sure start to decline like he already has. As for the rest of the practices you may have saw lahares only hit! Like breaux a great defender but mental at the plate.

Default Re: BB thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Just wondering if there is a stat on strikes total of called and swinging strikes.no doubt swinging at bad pitches is not a good thing but if the bat doesn't swing there can be no hits.not just talking 3rd strike but the first and second ones also!!!
    I got that stat in my scoring program. Will take a look and post it later today.

Welcome to the UL Baseball retirement home. Where you can act like a head coach, and have another man pull more than half the load when he is 100% unqualified to do so. It’s stress free, hassle free, and the best part, regional free.because we all know those summer months get hot.and the beach starts calling early. Apply today if you are drawing SSA.

Hire Brooks Badeaux. He’s available, local, and has an impressive resume.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    Hire Brooks Badeaux. He’s available, local, and has an impressive resume.
    I have no clue on his coaching abilities.but if my memory is correcthe wasn’t exactly known to tear the cover off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I have no clue on his coaching abilities.but if my memory is correcthe wasn’t exactly known to tear the cover off the ball.
    At this point if we could just put the ball in play id be thrilled. Some of these guys look like they would strike out off a tee

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    I don't care how bad the ump is or who you play, that's absolutely pathetic and unacceptable.
    It’s really hard to stay and scream our heads off, trying to inject some energy and passion into this baseball team, only to see them watch the ball go by. How many times did we strikeout looking?

Please someone tell me where the light is at the end of this tunnel?

11. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Miss St 3

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s really hard to stay and scream our heads off, trying to inject some energy and passion into this baseball team, only to see them watch the ball go by. How many times did we strikeout looking?

As gingerly as they are pulling the trigger on the bats this year, we are not even in the tunnel. First four batters last night took a called third strike, one took all three strikes. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Small ball to a fault. Practicing bunting more than swinging at fastballs.

Default Re: BB thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    After 9 games

BA .165
    OB% .237
    Hits 44
    SO 78
    Walks 29

Players above Mendoza line 3

Lots of room for improvement.
    We are ranked 288th out of 293 NCAA teams in batting average let that sink in for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    We are ranked 288th out of 293 NCAA teams in batting average let that sink in for a minute.
    Wow.just wow.

15. Default Re: BB thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Hold on, hold on - I bet you a dime against a dollar that no team who has risen to this level in the rankings has faced the caliber of arms that the Cajuns have faced accross the board in this first nine games on the schedule. And better yet, we got it lined up to continue this good push in the next 6 games. Get ready for the ride. We should be weathered by now.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information