Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Default Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

How many will we draw on Saturday. My guess is slightly over 6000 and I may be optimistic at that. I know some are hoping for more but baseball in Houston will cut into it a little and many don't follow the sport these days. If students show up in better nos., we may do a little better.

Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    That many would bring a smile to my face and people in the program as well. Don't see that happening however.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That many would bring a smile to my face and people in the program as well. Don't see that happening however.
    I bet it would give you a smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    69’s would put smiles on a lot of faces, unfortunately I don’t see the community coming out to support this special group of players. Which is a damn shame. If we get 6 I’ll be surprised. Hope I’m wrong

I'd be ecstatic with 6,000. I'm going to say 5429.

8. Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Well, I’ve never been more disappointed about missing a home basketball game. You guys have to remember 1500+ will be in Houston this weekend, so if we get 6k in the Dome, that’s an exceptional turnout.

Was there 4500 last night?
    IIRC, in Marlin's first year, the last home game of the year was against Denver and there were over 8,000 in attendance. It is a shame that THIS TEAM will not have that recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    IIRC, in Marlin's first year, the last home game of the year was against Denver and there were over 8,000 in attendance. It is a shame that THIS TEAM will not have that recognition.
    There isnt the marketing for this game like there was for that game

7 years of apathy and 2 things I think are killing attendance and both have to do with cost.concession prices and closing the upper deck no longer allows people to buy cheap
    Seats.

Official attendance for last night was only 4307. Very dissapointing, to say the least. And although I'd love to see 6K tomorrow night, doubt we get more than 5500.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    7 years of apathy and 2 things I think are killing attendance and both have to do with cost.concession prices and closing the upper deck no longer allows people to buy cheap
    Seats.
    Concession prices don't keep me from going to the games, but the weak beer selection and high prices means I drink beer in the parking lot before the game and during halftime

The beer selection at football and baseball games blows away the crap currently available at the dome.

Concession prices don't keep me from going to the games, but the weak beer selection and high prices means I drink beer in the parking lot before the game and during halftime

The beer selection at football and baseball games blows away the crap currently available at the dome.
    I think having the top closed hurts attendance more than concession prices.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Seats.
    There are still cheap seats, they are behind the goal, opposite of the student section. I believe they are $10.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information