Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

1. Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    There isnt the marketing for this game like there was for that game
    Fear the Beard was HUGE as far as total community involvement was concerned.

Shows the power of a slogan.

Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I think to start, they need to revisit the closed upper deck and take a hard look at concession prices. The upper deck is similar to the hill at football games IMO in regards to the young ones. Offer a family pack or something. People can say what they do to avoid high prices at concessions but i can imagine trying to get 4-10 year olds to sit still for 2 hours and constantly telling them they can’t get anything from the concession isn’t very fun for a parent, do they just don’t go. There has to be a middle ground. The current arrangement is pricing a lot of people out of the equation. Which is fine if that’s what they want to do but then I think they should be prepared to have mediocre attendance that will never get above 4500-5000 outside of perfect scenarios.
    Good suggestions there. However, I was told that the UL administration has no impact on concession pricing. They need to figure out a way to have some influence however. A basketball crowd is not the same as people at a concert. Agree it is affecting us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Good suggestions there. However, I was told that the UL administration has no impact on concession pricing. They need to figure out a way to have some influence however. A basketball crowd is not the same as people at a concert. Agree it is affecting us.
    agreed, a big name concert in a certain genre doesnt happen in the cajundome 13-15 times in a 5 month period. most of these fans are repeat customers so concessions should be more reasonably priced.

People who don't want to go to the games will make excuses. Parking, concessions, 300 level seats, other costs, whatever.

It's basketball. And, this year, it's pretty damn entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    People who don't want to go to the games will make excuses. Parking, concessions, 300 level seats, other costs, whatever.

It's basketball. And, this year, it's pretty damn entertaining.
    yup. anyone who hasn't that in the area just doesn't want to. It really isn't that expensive and UL has been more than accomodating

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    yup. anyone who hasn't that in the area just doesn't want to. It really isn't that expensive and UL has been more than accomodating
    “Isn’t that expensive” is relative to the person/family. Not complaining, i go to as many games as i can. I think the ticket prices going up while simultaneously outrageous concession prices coupled with the economy has a bigger impact than everyone wants to believe. Imagine if we were our usual 3rd or 4th place in the West mediocre team how bad attendance would be.

“Isn’t that expensive” is relative to the person/family. Not complaining, i go to as many games as i can. I think the ticket prices going up while simultaneously outrageous concession prices coupled with the economy has a bigger impact than everyone wants to believe. Imagine if we were our usual 3rd or 4th place in the West mediocre team how bad attendance would be.
    Our crowds haven’t looked that different from the past few years

I’ll be honest, and this is coming from someone who has only missed 1 home game this year. I personally believe the lack of attendance has a lot to do with the games being available for free on ragincajuns.com, coupled with the fact that the competition has been so weak. I enjoy us whipping everyone, but some people want to attend a game that is expected to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Our crowds haven’t looked that different from the past few years
    Exactly, so if being mediocre or 26-4 doesn’t make a difference in attendance then it would be wise to look at other things. If a season this special makes attendance stagnant then it’s actually getting worse and will show when we come back down to earth. I understand the thought process of not opening the top, i just think it has had a negative impact on attendance that may not be seen on the bottom line but only in actual butts in the seats. It’s quite possible the university is perfectly ok with that.

10. Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

It's a must see game.

Bring 5 friends

We're averaging in the neighborhood of twice as much as the next best team.

Sad thing is, we can do better.

7 years of apathy and 2 things I think are killing attendance and both have to do with cost.concession prices and closing the upper deck no longer allows people to buy cheap
    Seats.
    Not cheap seats, family priced seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    We're averaging in the neighborhood of twice as much as the next best team.

Sad thing is, we can do better.
    I don’t compare our attendance to the SBC. I compare it to CUSA. We are better than all the Deep South teams in that league other than UTEP. They probably are more of a western team than southern team and they don’t have a history of success in the diamond sports. Point is the change is not just here. It is everywhere in the Deep South. Note MT and WKU may not qualify as teams in the Deep South. Last time I checked those two teams were slightly above our level. Weather definitely affects WKU as far as baseball is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by cjntgr View Post
    There are still cheap seats, they are behind the goal, opposite of the student section. I believe they are $10.
    Seats in the corners cost $13.

I purposely left BR Thursday after work, went to basketball game, stayed in hotel just to support the team, bc I knew I'd be in Houston. I wanted to support the team at home one more time. I'll be in NOLA next weekend. I'm taking Friday off to be at the 11:30 game.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information