Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Seats in the corners cost $13.
    My brother visited from out of town for a game this year. Purchased a ticket in section 124 row 22, behind the Cajuns bench, for $10. Seats in rows 19 and higher are cheaper and depending on the section are really good seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Not cheap seats, family priced seats.

6002. What do I win?

4. Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    We're averaging in the neighborhood of twice as much as the next best team.

Sad thing is, we can do better.
    I hear what you are saying (and dont disagree) but I got to thinking, it would be sad if UL were maxed out.

Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    That number would bring a tingle to my scrotum.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    People who don't want to go to the games will make excuses. Parking, concessions, 300 level seats, other costs, whatever.

It's basketball. And, this year, it's pretty damn entertaining.
    You’re a fan so whatever, but I’d come unglued if I heard someone who works for UL say this.

It is all about barriers to entry. Every little hurdle you throw in front of a fan will give them an incentive to stay home. it’s UL’s job to identify those barriers and try to get rid of them. Our attendance is death by a thousand cuts.

1. I think by far the biggest problem we have is that I don’t think the word is out on this team. There’s no buzz or excitement on social media or at the water cooler. I think this is because of the new media landscape. All of Lafayette isn’t reading the Advertiser or watching local news every day like they did 10 days ago. We aren’t the only team struggling to adjust to this new landscape, but it is time to figure that out.

2. Games don’t end until 9:45 thanks to women’s basketball. That’s just too late for families and people who wake up early.

3. The economy is still bad. Lots of people can’t afford to make every game.

4. Concession prices are ridiculous.

5. The home schedule stinks. Our conference stinks.

6. The season has been anti-climatic. The last time we had a really big crowd it was a must win game for the conference championship. We had the conference championship all but wrapped up weeks ago.

7. We give our games away for free online. People who do care about this team have no incentive to show up. WHYYYYY DO WE DO THIS???????

They’ve done a freakin fantastic job with the game atmosphere/production. There is a great product on and off the court. It is just about on par with the NBA games I’ve been to. I hope UL is thinking hard about the things I’ve mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    You’re a fan so whatever, but I’d come unglued if I heard someone who works for UL say this.

It is all about barriers to entry. Every little hurdle you throw in front of a fan will give them an incentive to stay home. it’s UL’s job to identify those barriers and try to get rid of them. Our attendance is death by a thousand cuts.

1. I think by far the biggest problem we have is that I don’t think the word is out on this team. There’s no buzz or excitement on social media or at the water cooler. I think this is because of the new media landscape. All of Lafayette isn’t reading the Advertiser or watching local news every day like they did 10 days ago. We aren’t the only team struggling to adjust to this new landscape, but it is time to figure that out.

2. Games don’t end until 9:45 thanks to women’s basketball. That’s just too late for families and people who wake up early.

6. The season has been anti-climatic. The last time we had a really big crowd it was a must win game for the conference championship. We had the conference championship all but wrapped up weeks ago.

7. We give our games away for free online. People who do care about this team have no incentive to show up. WHYYYYY DO WE DO THIS???????

They’ve done a freakin fantastic job with the game atmosphere/production. There is a great product on and off the court. It is just about on par with the NBA games I’ve been to. I hope UL is thinking hard about the things I’ve mentioned here.
    Some on the staff also believe that word about the team has not gotten out properly due to the new "media" world we live in. Lots of promotion on the team's Facebook page but other avenues need to be explored, particularly those students might access. Good observation by Rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    My brother visited from out of town for a game this year. Purchased a ticket in section 124 row 22, behind the Cajuns bench, for $10. Seats in rows 19 and higher are cheaper and depending on the section are really good seats.
    Wow! My wife & l got tickets in sec 124 row 16. Nearby! Those were good seats!

Really wish I could be there but no way I can make it. But I will definitely be tuning in

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Wow! My wife & l got tickets in sec 124 row 16. Nearby! Those were good seats!
    Yes...I like being behind the Cajuns bench. I'm in row 20.....the cheap seats.

11. Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Some on the staff also believe that word about the team has not gotten out properly due to the new "media" world we live in. Lots of promotion on the team's Facebook page but other avenues need to be explored, particularly those students might access. Good observation by Rebel.
    Going the Facebook route for video promotion was obviously the easy/lazy way out.

YouTube videos have a longevity shelf life that Facebook can't touch.

I usually go with 2, and tonight there will be 12 of us. Hopefully it's a trend.

13. Default Re: Crowd estimate for Basketball Senior Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I usually go with 2, and tonight there will be 12 of us. Hopefully it's a trend.
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    You're a fan so whatever, but I'd come unglued if I heard someone who works for UL say this.

It is all about barriers to entry. Every little hurdle you throw in front of a fan will give them an incentive to stay home. it's UL's job to identify those barriers and try to get rid of them. Our attendance is death by a thousand cuts.

1. I think by far the biggest problem we have is that I don't think the word is out on this team. There's no buzz or excitement on social media or at the water cooler. I think this is because of the new media landscape. All of Lafayette isn't reading the Advertiser or watching local news every day like they did 10 days ago. We aren't the only team struggling to adjust to this new landscape, but it is time to figure that out.

2. Games don't end until 9:45 thanks to women's basketball. That's just too late for families and people who wake up early.

3. The economy is still bad. Lots of people can't afford to make every game.

They've done a freakin fantastic job with the game atmosphere/production. There is a great product on and off the court. It is just about on par with the NBA games I've been to. I hope UL is thinking hard about the things I've mentioned here.
    I don't agree with #'s 6 and 3 at all. Please don't throw the economy at me. Please. I didn't renew my season tickets because I was fed up to a degree with Marlin's lack of progress. I'll admit it, however, I've been to about 8 home games thus far and am going tonight. The problem is that people were tired of our program treading water while Baseball and Softball were building new stadiums and excitement. You don't see any problems with people going spend money on tailgating spots, tickets, concessions etc. for baseball? No. The economy is not the problem.

Anti-climactic? According to everyone here and their reasons for losing interest in basketball is lack of winning. Well, if people really want a winner, they would love to go see us drum up on teams. No? Sure, it will always add some excitement to go see us play a top team at home but I don't think our attendance "suffers" because we are destroying people. Are we now telling our players "We want you guys to win every game but just don't win by too much or I'll be bored"?

[QUOTE=CajunRebel;1055651]You’re a fan so whatever, but I’d come unglued if I heard someone who works for UL say this.

They’ve done a freakin fantastic job with the game atmosphere/production. There is a great product on and off the court. It is just about on par with the NBA games I’ve been to. I hope UL is thinking hard about the things I’ve mentioned here.[/QUO

Please don't take this personally, but when we as fans hear things from coaches that are factors in what we perceive to be weaknesses, we get ____ed and say he's making excuses. Damn near everyone on this board is guilty.

Social media presence could be better. But the same staff that was understaffed BEFORE social media became so important hasn't grown. That is being addressed.

Our fans criticize scheduling all the time. See this past football season. But in Hud's first year, we had one non conference home game and that was against Nicholls. It's been proven time and time again over the last 15 years that home basketball scheduling doesn't increase attendance. The change in membership has been a factor. Wish WKU and MTSU were still here.

And, did you just suggest our attendance would be better if we LOST more so the league race would be more exciting? Gotta admit, that's a first.

My point, which you responded to is, people will always have a reason. "I'll go when concessions are cheaper" or fill in the blank

That kind of reminds me of "I'll give more when we fire Scott Farmer." Some here promised to write a check the day he was fired. The RCAF is still waiting.

For those who want a reason NOT to go, there will always be reasons.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information