Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt/ESPN deal

1. Ragin' Cajuns Sun Belt Softball, Baseball Championships to be Featured on ESPN+

The Sun Belt Conference and ESPN announced today the conference's upcoming baseball and softball championships will be available exclusively on the network's newest platform – ESPN+.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default ESPN 3 / ESPN+

Can someone explain? I couldn't make game 1 and like others had issues getting ESPN3 to play the game. Eventually I got it to play on ESPN3. Now it appears some games will be on ESPN+ and don't really see any others that are set for ESPN3. Is this the future? The games will all be on ESPN+ a subscription style platform?

Default Re: ESPN 3 / ESPN+

All SBC conference games will be on ESPN+, which is ESPN's stand alone subscription service. $4.99/month, no contract. This the future of our conference games.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    All SBC conference games will be on ESPN+, which is ESPN's stand alone subscription service. $4.99/month, no contract. This the future of our conference games.
    literally zero reason to have cable TV anymore. Thank you!

5. Default Re: ESPN 3 / ESPN+

Most games will be on the Plus. Don’t know why they opted for The Trey in the first game.

The Plus had a huge announcement this past spring.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    literally zero reason to have cable TV anymore. Thank you!
    It doesn't give you access to games actually on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.

Not that it's a huge deal, but with ESPN+ you get what used to be called ESPN Insider features on their website included with the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    It doesn't give you access to games actually on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.
    REALLY?!?!?!?! WT eff

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    REALLY?!?!?!?! WT eff
    Those are cable channels and require a cable subscription. Of course there are alternatives to paying the big boys like Cox, Comcast, etc.

We have one other game on ESPN3 this season. I think it's against NMSU but I'm not sure.

Guess it depends on your definition of future, but for the next 3-5 years, yes.

WatchESPN app allows you to watch any ESPN cable channel. However you must have a valid cable/satellite subscription to do so. This includes ESPN3.

ESPN+ is strictly internet streaming content. In theory, these games, shows, etc. will only be available via this app and not on any ESPN broadcast channel.

At least 3 of our games will NOT be available via ESPN+, Grambling, Miss St & Alabama. Haven't seen for sure, but would suspect maybe NMSU won't be either.

Since we only have Saturday games, that leads me to believe that every conference game will be on ESPN+. The only conference games that wouldn't on ESPN+ would be the midweek games that ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU broadcast.

Clear as mud?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Guess it depends on your definition of future, but for the next 3-5 years, yes.

WatchESPN app allows you to watch any ESPN cable channel. However you must have a valid cable/satellite subscription to do so. This includes ESPN3.

ESPN+ is strictly internet streaming content. In theory, these games, shows, etc. will only be available via this app and not on any ESPN broadcast channel.

At least 3 of our games will NOT be available via ESPN+, Grambling, Miss St & Alabama. Haven't seen for sure, but would suspect maybe NMSU won't be either.

Since we only have Saturday games, that leads me to believe that every conference game will be on ESPN+. The only conference games that wouldn't on ESPN+ would be the midweek games that ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU broadcast.

Clear as mud?
    Yes, but one thing I don't get is that for this weekend, on the moo site it showing that it will be on the sec network, but when you click on the lonk it takes you to the espnwatch app. I thought the sec and espn networks were two different thingskind of like the longhorn network??? I just want to be able to stream it on espn

Longhorn & SEC Network are in partnership with ESPN, hence both are available on the WatchESPN app. The Mississippi State game is on SEC Alternate, which I believe is 611-1 on Direct-TV, although it shows TBA in the guide right now. Regardless, it is definitely on the WatchESPN app under the SEC+ channel at 6:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Longhorn & SEC Network are in partnership with ESPN, hence both are available on the WatchESPN app. The Mississippi State game is on SEC Alternate, which I believe is 611-1 on Direct-TV, although it shows TBA in the guide right now. Regardless, it is definitely on the WatchESPN app under the SEC+ channel at 6:30.
    Cox channel 1083 is showing the Cajuns/Miss St game.

Longhorn Network and the SEC Network are jointly owned by the UT/SEC and ESPN. ESPN basically runs the networks for them.

Every game we play this season will be available to stream on the WatchESPN app, whether on regular TV (SEC Network, ESPN, ESPN2), ESPN3 or ESPN+. The games on ESPN+ will only be available to you if you subscribe though. FYI, ESPN does offer a 7 day free trial to ESPN+ if you would like to test it out. You must cancel before the 7 days are complete though or they will charge you for the 1st month. It’s $4.99/month or $49.99/year, which saves you $10.

This week we are on the SEC Network Alternate channel. I listed all of the TV station numbers in the score prediction thread starting with this post and the one following it.
    https://forumeus.com/.25#post1096325

#GeauxCajuns #WeAreLouisiana

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information