Thread: Sunbelt/ESPN deal

Default Re: tv/streaming coverage

A good VPN can get around the cox blocks amirite

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    A good VPN can get around the cox blocks amirite
    Yep

I watched last night game out here in New Mexico on watch espn.

Well ESPN+ launched today. It is going to be interesting to see how this all works out.

One thing of concern is that as of this moment there is apparently no commercial license for +.

For those that don't know if you are a bar/restaurant you pay a fairly hefty price for cable/satellite to broadcast sporting events and with that comes the right to show content that is displayed over WatchESPN.

As of right now it doesn't appear that avenue exist for ESPN+. IF that remains true then this could be a problem considering the new SBC contract that will push many of our games to the ESPN+ platform.

I'm going to keep digging but as of now it doesn't look good.

With my luck, as soon as I spend the time and money to figure out how those VPN's work, they will become obsolete.

6. Default Re: tv/streaming coverage

Might be a better choice to get you an RPN and listen on the radio!!!!!!!

7. UL Baseball Re: tv/streaming coverage

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    I have cox and espn 3 at home but am out of town tonight. What is best way to see or stream Cajuns - Cowboys?
    Pride, you can access every channel cox has on a device IPad, phone, etc. I believe you may have to upgrade to 'Contur'. In any case before you have this problem again I suggest you check with Cox on how you can access the channels that you already subscribe to.

With my luck, as soon as I spend the time and money to figure out how those VPN's work, they will become obsolete.
    They will never be obsolete

I heard the same thing from Sony about Betamax.

Just turn off your wifi and then network can't locate you to blackout. Once you have the game playing, turn the wifi back on so it doesn't use up all your data. Did it last night and Apple TV to the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Just turn off your wifi and then network can't locate you to blackout. Once you have the game playing, turn the wifi back on so it doesn't use up all your data. Did it last night and Apple TV to the big screen.
    Hmmm. I will try this next time

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Hmmm. I will try this next time
    I didn't want to post this out of fear of ESPN finding it and closing the loophole.but yeah, this works. It only checks your location when you start the stream. I create a mobile hotspot on my phone, start the stream on my laptop, then turn the hotspot off and it switches to WIFI.

AT&T has plans where you can pay for unlimited data. I actually get better service when I have my WiFi turned off.

Thanks. I wish I knew this sooner.

But doesn't the Apple Tv run off of Wifi? How would you get the game on if you have the Wifi off?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information