Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt/ESPN deal

Default Re: Sunbelt/ESPN deal

Brooks Kubena (@BKubena) tweeted at 3:42 PM on Thu, Mar 01, 2018:
    Really interesting piece from Karl Benson and ESPN VP/Sr. Director of Programming Nick Dawson: Some Sun Belt schools will need to acquire the production tools to broadcast these extra games and students will even make up a portion of the production crew.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We are not bound to the SBC for the foreseeable future.
    You know something we do not know?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Really interesting piece from Karl Benson and ESPN VP/Sr. Director of Programming Nick Dawson: Some Sun Belt schools will need to acquire the production tools to broadcast these extra games and students will even make up a portion of the production crew.
    So we will have to bring ours up to monroe

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Big question: can we now produce our own content and have it streamed on ESPN+?
    Is + the same as 3 on the watch espn app?

For the amount of sports I watch, $5 a month isn't that bad. I watch ESPN3 way more than Netflix, so the price seems fair when compared to other streaming services. I do agree that ESPN does seem to be double dipping on customers who already subscribe to a cable provider.

For those complaining about Cox prices, I too was once a disgruntled Cox customer. I switched to LUS Fiber a couple years ago and wish I would have done it earlier. For the same services, my LUS bill is about $80 cheaper a month than what I was paying with Cox. I also like the fact that my money is staying in Lafayette Parish.

10. Default Re: Sunbelt/ESPN deal

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Im ok with losing out on a 100k a year for 7pm sat kickoffs
    Content is king and man is the Sun Belt providing content.

If this,results in more Saturday games, I'm good.

The only other thing hat is conspicuous by its absence is the word lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    For the amount of sports I watch, $5 a month isn't that bad. I watch ESPN3 way more than Netflix, so the price seems fair when compared to other streaming services. I do agree that ESPN does seem to be double dipping on customers who already subscribed to a cable provider.

For those complaining about Cox prices, I too was once a disgruntled Cox customer. I switched to LUS Fiber a couple years ago and wish I would have done it earlier. For the same services, my LUS bill is about $80 cheaper a month than what I was paying with Cox. I also like the fact that my money is staying in Lafayette Parish.
    I have Cox Cable and internet, today for the same package the price comparison for me is about $10 savings per month. That is not enough savings for me to change my entire package. When LUS first began, the selling point was the difference. Today, the price is pretty much in the same ball park for the exact same packages for internet and cable.

I watch sports, mostly NCAA MBB, College Football, College Baseball, NFL and Boxing. Occasionally I will watch an NBA game. While $5 a month is not a big deal, I only watch the SBC if the game involves UL, that's it for the most part. I am not a SBC fan and could give a crap about USA Softball or Arkansas State's WBB. I spend very little time watching streaming sports on my laptop outside of UL events or College football. Nothing compares to watching football or basketball games on a large screen High Def TV.

Looks like video equipment will be provided to schools for their own production. Thats what we've wanted for a while.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Nope.

T-Joe/Maggard/Head Coaches/RCAF, have got this ship headed in the right direction and gaining steam.

If we can get the stadium rebuild started in the coming months, we'll be front and center of any AAC expansion talk.
    But every time we rebuild/build something. We seem to suck after 😂

Maybe we just slap some paint on the ole gal and beat a few ranked opponents instead?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    So the same thing we’ve been _____ing about for 5 years is now going to be a requirement for SBC members. that’s an interesting development.

God damn faceless buffoons don’t know ____!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    How about we wait until the details are released before we jump off the ledge.

I'm hearing the $5 a month for ESPN+ will cover a TON more content than just the Sun Belt. Most of the ESPN3 content will be going to ESPN+ over a period of time.

And, it's not pay per view. Think Netflix except for sports.
    Okay, so if we are sucking one night, I can switch over to Breaking Bad?

Z

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information