Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt/ESPN deal

Default Re: ESPN 3 / ESPN+

So, Is ESPN plus just for watching games live? If I don't subscribe will I be able to watch the replay of the game without a subscription?

Default Re: ESPN 3 / ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    So, Is ESPN plus just for watching games live? If I don't subscribe will I be able to watch the replay of the game without a subscription?
    No clue, but login to WatchESPN now and see if you can watch any replays.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    You cannot watch replays of games on ESPN+ unless you are a subscriber.

I think the point is it would be nice if they stopped putting our potential big games on work nights. If we go into that game 4-1 and it would be on a Saturday night we would have had a large crowd that could have kickstarted a turnaround in attendance from the non die hard fans. I hate these weeknight games.

5. Default Re: App State game and LAGCOE

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I think the point is it would be nice if they stopped putting our potential big games on work nights. If we go into that game 4-1 and it would be on a Saturday night we would have had a large crowd that could have kickstarted a turnaround in attendance from the non die hard fans. I hate these weeknight games.
    Yeah U right

6. Default Re: App State game and LAGCOE

SBC and ESPN’s angle is just the opposite. SBC and ESPN ARE looking for the game that will generate the best TV audience. I think they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    SBC and ESPN’s angle is just the opposite. SBC and ESPN ARE looking for the game that will generate the best TV audience. I think they have it.
    Once we both win this weekend it will be the best matchup in the SBC this year.

Oh I know. It’s that thinking that is killing attendance. Seems like a long term bad business move.

9. Default Re: App State game and LAGCOE

Oh I know. It’s that thinking that is killing attendance. Seems like a long term bad business move.
    I didn’t say I was excited about it, just pointed out the reason.

What "thinking"? Espn only cares about the matchup, we want to be on tv, we are in the Sunbelt with a _____ contract with espn. What could be different? Do we say no, f***k tv and midweek games or do we join the sec?

11. Default Re: App State game and LAGCOE

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    What "thinking"? Espn only cares about the matchup, we want to be on tv, we are in the Sunbelt with a _____ contract with espn. What could be different? Do we say no, f***k tv and midweek games or do we join the sec?
    We will go ahead and join the SEC - all games on TV.

12. Default Re: App State game and LAGCOE

The money from "WINNING" and playing to a Louisiana Saturday Night" crowd. (Did I mention winning?) That money would far outpace anything ESPenniesNetwork brings in for midweek filler programing.

13. Default Re: App State game and LAGCOE

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The money from "WINNING" and playing to a Louisiana Saturday Night" crowd. (Did I mention winning?) That money would far outpace anything ESPenniesNetwork brings in for midweek filler programing.
    You have the numbers? Put them out there big boy.

Default Re: App State game and LAGCOE

Thank you
    Yes, that was my main point in the OP regarding the Sun Belt weeknight games.

As someone else said previously, sometimes this ____ happens (especially so when you play midweek games)

____ it. The next 2 games will be huge. We need to get payback to appy State

15. Default Re: App State game and LAGCOE

You have the numbers? Put them out there big boy.
    There's a reason the only mention of money is $4.99

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2018/.with-espn.aspx

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information