Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    High ankle. Damn. That could nag him for weeks. I say sit him until the SBC final, depending on matchups.

Let Ced jack some shots up for a week.
    I realize you didn't mean it in a literal term (unless of course, you did) but one thing I thought about last night is Cedric Russell takes very few bad shots especially later in the season.

Shooters shoot. He is very disciplined for a freshman.

He doesn't jack it up and I'm a bit surprised about that.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I realize you didn't mean it in a literal term (unless of course, you did) but one thing I thought about last night is Cedric Russell takes very few bad shots especially later in the season.

Shooters shoot. He is very disciplined for a freshman.

He doesn't jack it up and I'm a bit surprised about that.
    No, in this instance, I meant let him shoot. The kid should have a continuous green light. I can remember maybe once where I thought “bad shot”, and IIRC, it was pretty much a ‘heat check’ after making 3-4 shots in a row.

Could turnout that getting more shots up gets him into a good rhythm going into the dance

No, in this instance, I meant let him shoot. The kid should have a continuous green light. I can remember maybe once where I thought “bad shot”, and IIRC, it was pretty much a ‘heat check’ after making 3-4 shots in a row.

Could turnout that getting more shots up gets him into a good rhythm going into the dance
    I agree, evetytime he catches the ball even 5 feet behind the line, i want him to shoot

Marlin said after the game the decision to play Stove in the second half was because the trainer wanted him out on the court to run up and down a little bit.

It's a high ankle sprain. Those are painful as hell. Marlin said it was a significant injury and he might not be able to go on Saturday.
    Sounds kind of ridiculous to want “to run up and down a little bit” on a high ankle sprain. What would be that rationale?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I agree, evetytime he catches the ball even 5 feet behind the line, i want him to shoot
    Speaking of which, was that PJ who hit about a 25+ footer in the second half? Couldn't see his number, but I do think an usher tried to check his ticket to make sure he was in the correct seat.

I’d like to add, as a Cajun fan my whole life, now living in Houston with a wife who is a UH grad, we are heads and shoulders better than UH (I’ve watched multiple games by both teams this year) yet they are ranked in the top 25. God I hate the Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Sounds kind of ridiculous to want "to run up and down a little bit" on a high ankle sprain. What would be that rationale?
    He also had him running a bit in the hall at halftime.

Now I'm not a trainer. But BJ Duplantis is VERY good. I trust him implicitly.

He also had him running a bit in the hall at halftime.

Now I'm not a trainer. But BJ Duplantis is VERY good. I trust him implicitly.
    If he plays tomorrow night it may be no more than a couple of minutes. He needs to be ready to go next week. Good to see MArquetti have a good floor game last night. He needs to be able to step up if Stove is out for awhile. Also coaching staff needs an attaboy last night for a good adjustment. Bryce needed to come out so Miller goes in. It was a bad matchup due to ARk State goinf Small and being quick off the dribble. Therefore Davis goes in ans next thing you know Cajuns go on a run and grab a double digit lead. Davis didn’t do anything spectacular. He was able to guard appropriately which is what was needed. Shows versatility of team.

He needs to be treated like Hayward Register was.when in the game.if you’ve got an opening.take it.now, just don’t put up Register results haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If he plays tomorrow night it may be no more than a couple of minutes. He needs to be ready to go next week. Good to see MArquetti have a good floor game last night. He needs to be able to step up if Stove is out for awhile. Also coaching staff needs an attaboy last night for a good adjustment. Bryce needed to come out so Miller goes in. It was a bad matchup due to ARk State goinf Small and being quick off the dribble. Therefore Davis goes in ans next thing you know Cajuns go on a run and grab a double digit lead. Davis didn’t do anything spectacular. He was able to guard appropriately which is what was needed. Shows versatility of team.
    While you are correct, Miller's back was acting up which is why he was out quickly.

Justin seems pretty banged up still. He was moving verrryy gingerly and barely could get off ground, way more so than usual.

He he heals up some more before next week

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Speaking of which, was that PJ who hit about a 25+ footer in the second half? Couldn't see his number, but I do think an usher tried to check his ticket to make sure he was in the correct seat.
    P.J.! Reminded me of Kasey.

26 wins on the year.
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    26 wins on the year.
    Wow!
    32 or bust!

While you are correct, Miller's back was acting up which is why he was out quickly.
    Did not know that. Makes sense that he would have trouble guarding quick guys off the dribble. Basketball is a game that is difficult enough, much more so when your back aches.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information