Thread: Coach Napier on BEV Wednesday (2/28/18)

UL Football Coach Napier on BEV Wednesday (2/28/18)

Coach Napier will be on Birds Eye View today 2/28 at 3:00 central time. He will be on for about 20 minutes. You can listen world wide on www.espn1420.com click listen now, the app for android or iphone and radio pup. Or you can listen to old fashioned way by terrestrial radio.

He will discuss where they have been, where they are and where they are wanting to be going into the spring game.

Default Re: Coach Napier on BEV today (2/28) 3:00 central time

Today was the first time I heard him talk since his introductory press conference, and it was the first time everything about him really clicked for me. Hearing him talk about recruiting, and how they're scouring Louisiana before recruiting outside the state, and how his coordinators' jobs are to first evaluate the talent on their sides of the ball and identify strengths and weakness then recruit to suit that, and how about 100 kids sign D-1 LOI's every year from Louisiana and they've identified 94 or so thus far so Louisiana's on track for a good year talent-wise, and just having all that information internalized and having a plan of action, was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Today was the first time I heard him talk since his introductory press conference, and it was the first time everything about him really clicked for me. Hearing him talk about recruiting, and how they're scouring Louisiana before recruiting outside the state, and how his coordinators' jobs are to first evaluate the talent on their sides of the ball and identify strengths and weakness then recruit to suit that, and how about 100 kids sign D-1 LOI's every year from Louisiana and they've identified 94 or so thus far so Louisiana's on track for a good year talent-wise, and just having all that information internalized and having a plan of action, was very impressive.
    His comments about how thrilled he was to get Ron Roberts to come over as DC are what stuck with me. This guy helped train Dave Aranda. Getting him to leave an FCS HC job to come over was a good piece of recruiting by Coach Napier.

It looks like the man is well organized and has a plan as to how he wants to get from where we are to where he wants to be. He doesn't look like the type of coach that will have rap music playing at the IPF during practice.

I liked the little bit he spoke of conditioning. I am hoping the offensive line will not have guts so big that they can't keep their pants up. We really don't need to see their butt cracks when they bend over.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Not only is Louisiana loaded next year, Mississippi is supposed to have a once in a generation type group of seniors

Is there a link to the interview for those who missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Is there a link to the interview for those who missed it?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-276921905-596718291

Out of the whole interview what gave me more interest was his comment on being able to dominate the SBC first. Be the best in our own back yard. Win our conference. Than think about how to win against the big boys.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post

That's not it the right link.

Default Re: Coach Napier on BEV Wednesday (2/28/18)

No more rap music and butt cracks. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    No more rap music and butt cracks. Got it.
    I know, right? SMH.(thought this was your thought until I read earlier posts. Geez.)

Thread Information