Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

Default New Parking Sections at the Tigue

During the game last night, while getting a few beers to drown my sorrows over our poor performance, I heard mixed comments about the new parking arrangements at the Tigue. Nearly every comment I heard was extremely negative. One general admissions fan stating that he had to park in Scott.

Personally, I like the idea of reserved sections but, the logistics are seriously messed up. The A section is nearly empty, B section is in the same location for football which is a fair walk from the stadium and general admission parking really is near Scott.

What are your thoughts?

Nu

Default Re: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

It's not new, they had same sections last year

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    It's not new, they had same sections last year
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    False.
    They definitely had lot B last year, pretty much the same setup is this year. Not sure about lot A but it sure looks like the same setup as last year to me

5. Default Re: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    They definitely had lot B last year, pretty much the same setup is this year. Not sure about lot A but it sure looks like the same setup as last year to me
    Lot A was a construction zone last year. It is new this year. Others were the same.

This year's Founders was called Lot A last year.

It was bad due to soccer going on. It'll be better the other weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Lot A was a construction zone last year. It is new this year. Others were the same.

This year's Founders was called Lot A last year.
    Gotcha. That makes sense. So same general setup but lots have changed slightly

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    It was bad due to soccer going on. It'll be better the other weekends.
    We were wondering about that, since that crowd was louder than the Tigue, lol. I looked at the ul schedule, but didn't see anything. Is it a high school thing going on this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    We were wondering about that, since that crowd was louder than the Tigue, lol. I looked at the ul schedule, but didn't see anything. Is it a high school thing going on this weekend?
    High School State Championships all divisions.

I understand the cost of progress Still some of the charm of going to baseball is being taken away. We used to tailgate every Sunday. Now we have to do so in the gravel. Nonetheless I support the idea of charging more for progress. With the open space I wonder if it would be possible to designate some areas for tailgaiting like football. Certainly don't need as many but I'm willing to pay for a tailgait spot.

We also (did) tailgate many Saturdays and Sundays for baseball. $5k to park in the grass is absurd! That lot was maybe 10% of capasity. Meanwhile, we've got to go to "Scott" to grill and throw the ball (no interest in doing that on asphalt or crushed limestone)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    We also (did) tailgate many Saturdays and Sundays for baseball. $5k to park in the grass is absurd! That lot was maybe 10% of capasity. Meanwhile, we've got to go to "Scott" to grill and throw the ball (no interest in doing that on asphalt or crushed limestone)
    Welcome to success want to be a big time program got to act like one

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Welcome to success want to be a big time program got to act like one
    I welcome success and the increased revenue it brings. The university/RCAF needs to revisit the supply and demand curves (much like basketball concessions).
    Perhaps $5k will be the right number in 10 years, but it's way wrong today! Lower the cost and see the total revenue rise. It ain't rocket surgery!

Can anyone bring an RV to tailgate for baseball if they park in general lots? Is it free?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    I welcome success and the increased revenue it brings. The university/RCAF needs to revisit the supply and demand curves (much like basketball concessions).
    Perhaps $5k will be the right number in 10 years, but it's way wrong today! Lower the cost and see the total revenue rise. It ain't rocket surgery!
    We all have a choice to pay for certain levels of support, or not. Right now, I can't spend the extra money to sit in the Club House. The perks are there for those that are willing to pay for them and when the ones I pay for become cost prohibitive, I will no longer pay for them. But in the meantime, I'm not going to complain about the perks I can't pay for today, they are necessary for the growth of the program.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information