Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

Default Re: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Welcome to success want to be a big time program got to act like one
    Need to play like one on the field if they wants us to pay like one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We all have a choice to pay for certain levels of support, or not. Right now, I can't spend the extra money to sit in the Club House. The perks are there for those that are willing to pay for them and when the ones I pay for become cost prohibitive, I will no longer pay for them. But in the meantime, I'm not going to complain about the perks I can't pay for today, they are necessary for the growth of the program.
    this is not complicated. I don't disagree with you, or the premise in general. But they missed the target terribly. There is no question. Look at the lot, and look how much they're leaving on the table.
    And as our friend John says, if you disagree with me you're wrong!

Soccer at the track and field complex made things bad. I parked further away today than I’ve ever had for a baseball game. I showed up at first pitch though. It was cool. Keep making money. This is a good move.

At the end of the game, I still made my way through parking lot traffic and shot out to to the exit on a Congress closest to Cajun Dome Blvd, were I was the only one waiting. Probably saved 10 minutes of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    We also (did) tailgate many Saturdays and Sundays for baseball. $5k to park in the grass is absurd! That lot was maybe 10% of capasity. Meanwhile, we've got to go to "Scott" to grill and throw the ball (no interest in doing that on asphalt or crushed limestone)
    Agree. They really messed up tailgating. In my opinion baseball doesn't need parking passes. This is from someone with a b pass and Loge box suite.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    this is not complicated. I don't disagree with you, or the premise in general. But they missed the target terribly. There is no question. Look at the lot, and look how much they're leaving on the table.
    And as our friend John Moon says, if you disagree with me you're wrong!
    No they didn't. Look at all the cars outside of the lots A and B. The whole idea is to make them want to park closer and therefore join the RCAF. Which is the real motivation behind reserved lots. They know exactly what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    We were wondering about that, since that crowd was louder than the Tigue, lol. I looked at the ul schedule, but didn't see anything. Is it a high school thing going on this weekend?
    I was there watching the ESA game and you are right, it did seem like the soccer game fans were louder. lol

7. Default Re: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

I sat in sect 109 handicap. The friggin stadium was very loud. Never heard that soccer ⚽️ gig.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    They definitely had lot B last year, pretty much the same setup is this year. Not sure about lot A but it sure looks like the same setup as last year to me
    Lot A was a construction zone. The big lot A closest to Track was open parking. Only Lot was B and Suite parking near football stadium in 2017.

Parking far doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    EVERYONE should park a little further than they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Same here and I'm knocking on 60. Complainers gonna complain. That's what they love to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    EVERYONE should park a little further than they need to.
    Agree 100%

Save the close spots for those that need them

I'm an All American Donor and have been for a while. This is the first year we've had to have parking passes for baseball. Before it was first-come first-serve.

Like I said in my initial post, I like the idea but, when nearly 2/3 of the A section is empty and 1/2 of the B section is empty and the general admission folks are parking on congress. My point of this whole discussion is that there is no reason to make the parking sections that big. The Tigue only holds 6,033 but, it looks like the parking is setup of 20,000. When 2/3 of the A Section is empty I have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by NuForce View Post
    I'm an All American Donor and have been for a while. This is the first year we've had to have parking passes for baseball. Before it was first-come first-serve.

Like I said in my initial post, I like the idea but, when nearly 2/3 of the A section is empty and 1/2 of the B section is empty and the general admission folks are parking on congress. My point of this whole discussion is that there is no reason to make the parking sections that big. The Tigue only holds 6,033 but, it looks like the parking is setup of 20,000. When 2/3 of the A Section is empty I have a problem with that.
    It matters not to me how it looks. You give at a higher level, thus you have a better parking zone. It's setup to reward higher levels of giving and hopefully motivate others to do the same. As I've stated, once the cost to me to participate at certain levels becomes unreasonable and I will no longer participate. But there is no need to devalue the present level of perks by shrinking the parking areas so they look full and allowing those that have decided not to pay for parking to park closer. Either pay for it, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It matters not to me how it looks. You give at a higher level, thus you have a better parking zone. It's setup to reward higher levels of giving and hopefully motivate others to do the same. As I've stated, once the cost to me to participate at certain levels becomes unreasonable and I will no longer participate. But there is no need to devalue the present level of perks by shrinking the parking areas so they look full and allowing those that have decided not to pay for parking to park closer. Either pay for it, or not.
    The problem is NOT that the parking areas are too big. or that the $ level is too high. It's a combination of both. The university is leaving money on the table with seemingly arbitrary size and $ amounts of the parking situation. Nevermind the fact that parking is taking reasonable tailgating area, and tailgating is pushed into the limestone. It doesn't make sense. They should have taken a season to see how things are/ have been, and maybe talked to people.
    But they didn't, the decisions were arbitrary, and they are leaving money on the table. Including some of mine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information