Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    The problem is NOT that the parking areas are too big. or that the $ level is too high. It's a combination of both. The university is leaving money on the table with seemingly arbitrary size and $ amounts of the parking situation. Nevermind the fact that parking is taking reasonable tailgating area, and tailgating is pushed into the limestone. It doesn't make sense. They should have taken a season to see how things are/ have been, and maybe talked to people.
    But they didn't, the decisions were arbitrary, and they are leaving money on the table. Including some of mine.
    Leaving money on the table? Really? I'm in Lot B, and the ONLY reason I'm at the RCAF level I'm at is BECAUSE I wanted Lot B parking for Baseball. Sounds like they made money on me. And many others.

You think people are mad about parking farther? The stadium had about 4,500-5,000 actual butts in seats tonight, on a Wednesday, against Nicholls, after a 2-5 start. I think we are doing just fine and the new parking lots aren't going to keep fans away. Making the lots smaller will only serve to make the paid lots completely pointless, thus making the actual paying RCAF members mad. The idea is to increase revenue and Athletic budget. Maggard knows exactly what he's doing.

Complainers will complain. Get out of the way of our progress.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Leaving money on the table? Really? I'm in Lot B, and the ONLY reason I'm at the RCAF level I'm at is BECAUSE I wanted Lot B parking for Baseball. Sounds like they made money on me. And many others.

You think people are mad about parking farther? The stadium had about 4,500-5,000 actual butts in seats tonight, on a Wednesday, against Nicholls, after a 2-5 start. I think we are doing just fine and the new parking lots aren't going to keep fans away. Making the lots smaller will only serve to make the paid lots completely pointless, thus making the actual paying RCAF members mad. The idea is to increase revenue and Athletic budget. Maggard knows exactly what he's doing.

wrong
    You just don't get it.

Default Re: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post

People want to talk about leaving money on the table. Why don't they charge for all parking within the gates of Cajun Field during baseball season? Those of us who are RCAF don't pay for parking with our passes and charge those who choose not to join RCAF say $5 per game. I don't think that would keep people from coming out to the game.

And people, no one is parking out at Congress. My son got to the game at 6:30 last night and parked along the gravel roadway leading out to Bertrand. Not a very long walk.

The problem is NOT that the parking areas are too big. or that the $ level is too high. It's a combination of both. The university is leaving money on the table with seemingly arbitrary size and $ amounts of the parking situation. Nevermind the fact that parking is taking reasonable tailgating area, and tailgating is pushed into the limestone. It doesn't make sense. They should have taken a season to see how things are/ have been, and maybe talked to people.
    But they didn't, the decisions were arbitrary, and they are leaving money on the table. Including some of mine.
    If you’ve got money sitting on the table.pay up to park closer, fill those lots and help the university at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    People want to talk about leaving money on the table. Why don't they charge for all parking within the gates of Cajun Field during baseball season? Those of us who are RCAF don't pay for parking with our passes and charge those who choose not to join RCAF say $5 per game. I don't think that would keep people from coming out to the game.

And people, no one is parking out at Congress. My son got to the game at 6:30 last night and parked along the gravel roadway leading out to Bertrand. Not a very long walk.
    BUT WE WANT TO PARK NEXT TO THE STADIUM, AND YELL GO TO HELL MCNEESE STILL HYPED FOR LAMAR COMING IN NEXT WEEK

wrong
    You just don't get it.
    Actually, he ABSOLUTELY gets it.

I like the reserved parking. I guess the bottom line here is maybe decrease the size of the reserved lots to accommodate the actual number of passes out there. because there certainly is some wasted space - but maybe that is intentional to make people desire to park closer. LSU game will be best test of lot space requirement - however - as I’m sure most passes out there will be used.

How do you get in stadium club? Is it certain donor level or one time donation?

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    How do you get in stadium club? Is it certain donor level or one time donation?
    It's $500/person for the season.

They were offered based on RCAF rank, limited by the number of season tickets an individual holds.

I never heard that stadium club was sold out yet

11. Default Re: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    I know of a couple of season ticket holders in the grand stand that wanted to purchase stadium club passes and were not able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    From previous posts, it appears that stadium club memberships are included in some of box suite options for the stadium but I don't know how many passes you would get with each box. I know the total number was limited so the boxes may take up a good size chunk of the available number.

13. Default Re: New Parking Sections at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    From previous posts, it appears that stadium club memberships are included in some of box suite options for the stadium but I don't know how many passes you would get with each box. I know the total number was limited so the boxes may take up a good size chunk of the available number.
    and all suite passes have access to the stadium club

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    and all suite passes have access to the stadium club
    I figured the suites did, but was curious about the field and bleacher deck boxes as those prices looked pretty steep as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I figured the suites did, but was curious about the field and bleacher deck boxes as those prices looked pretty steep as well.
    I just got a call today: I was on the wait list for the cluband had been told I had a good chance of getting in.to let me know that two spots had opened up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information