Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 76

1. UL Basketball MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 76

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team will look to win its first Sun Belt Conference regular-season title since 1999-2000 when it opens its final road trip of the regular-season on Thursday against Troy at Trojan Arena.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Troy

Game day bump

Damn right. Big game again. Troy is dangerous. We need to clamp down on Person and their other shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Damn right. Big game again. Troy is dangerous. We need to clamp down on Person and their other shooters.
    Varnado is their best player overall and we need to control him to be successful. This will be one of our toughest games as they had won four straight prior to losing on the road at App State. In the game here, it was close until about 5 minutes to go. We had trouble with keeping their guards from penetrating to the paint if I recall. One of the things Coach Marlin mentioned to Rebounders is he is telling players and coaches to enjoy this ride. He also said fans should do the same. For the most part we are. Too bad their are not more of us on the train (People on this forum are generally on board). Some think we are not getting enough publicity from the media for the accomplishments and that may be why we can't get 6000 to a game. It is true that many don't know all the great stats such as the no. of assists, FT shooting excellence, and scoring standings. If more were aware of those, perhaps there would be more interest. Locally, I think that is because we are a school that supports all our sports and the diamond sports do deserve some coverage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Varnado is their best player overall and we need to control him to be successful. This will be one of our toughest games as they had won four straight prior to losing on the road at App State. In the game here, it was close until about 5 minutes to go. We had trouble with keeping their guards from penetrating to the paint if I recall. One of the things Coach Marlin mentioned to Rebounders is he is telling players and coaches to enjoy this ride. He also said fans should do the same. For the most part we are. Too bad their are not more of us on the train (People on this forum are generally on board). Some think we are not getting enough publicity from the media for the accomplishments and that may be why we can't get 6000 to a game. It is true that many don't know all the great stats such as the no. of assists, FT shooting excellence, and scoring standings. If more were aware of those, perhaps there would be more interest. Locally, I think that is because we are a school that supports all our sports and the diamond sports do deserve some coverage as well.
    You are right Mike. I think the spring sports tend to start dominating discussion come February and wish people would let basketball play out before devoting so much time and energy to it but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Mike, did you see the PM I sent you a couple days ago?

You are right Mike. I think the spring sports tend to start dominating discussion come February and wish people would let basketball play out before devoting so much time and energy to it but it is what it is.
    As I said, the diamond sports do deserve coverage. However it is unfortunate that not more people are recognizing the special season basketball is having. Of course one loss and their will be plenty of attention paid to all the things that could have been done better in that game. That happens everywhere, not just here.

Mike, did you see the PM I sent you a couple days ago?
    Just did and responded.

Bartley will probably draw that assignment.

7:15 is the scheduled tip-off.
    Meanwhile the women are trailing Troy.
    http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3273829

Let’s geaux boys!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    7:15 is the scheduled tip-off.
    Meanwhile the women are trailing Troy.
    http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3273829
    Women lost 72-53

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Women lost 72-53
    Yep.

UL Basketball Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Troy

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/32738.y-m-basketball

The game will also be streamed live on ESPN3 with Barry McKnight and Doug Brandon on the call.
    If you want to watch it online.
    Go Cajuns!
    Last edited by IberiaCajun; February 22nd, 2018 at 08:04 pm. Reason: additional info

It would be nice to win tonight.

"The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team will look to win its first Sun Belt Conference regular-season title since 1999-2000 when it opens its final road trip of the regular-season on Thursday against Troy at Trojan Arena."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information