Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 76

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Congratulations to Coach Marlin on his 500th career win.

While Miller forces shots, he also hit four clutch free throws, as did Stroman.
    A lot of those forced shots get Miller to the line. He is #2 on the team behind Stove in FT attempts per minute played, and that's a good thing because he knocks them down right at 80%.

I'll agree that Miller's style isn't real pretty but it is effective. Oh and by the way guess who is #2 on the team in assists per minute played after Stroman?

Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Lmao announcers just mentioned that we were number 2 in mid major poll and alot of people pay attention to that poll
    Did we call and email blast them telling them this is unacceptable? Small time.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    The one weakness of this teamfouling on three point shots
    Its not a weakness. We don't do it often. We just happened to do it several times last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I know there was some sarcasm in the above post. However, the late game situation was a good thing for the Cajuns to experience. Opponent makes a late run on their home court and you have to make plays to hold them off. That is likely something they will face in New Orleans and post season play.
    I was really thinking the same thing. That’s was just the same we needed. We were not perfect, we turned it over way too many times and Troy shot well from 3 to stay in the game. The outcome was still in doubt in the closing minutes and that’s something we have not had in conference.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 76

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    A lot of those forced shots get Miller to the line. He is #2 on the team behind Stove in FT attempts per minute played, and that's a good thing because he knocks them down right at 80%.

I'll agree that Miller's style isn't real pretty but it is effective. Oh and by the way guess who is #2 on the team in assists per minute played after Stroman?
    Miller made some nice passes on cuts and i think played decent overall. He forces some things and that goes both ways. He makes plays at times when we really need one and he will turn the ball over as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I know there was some sarcasm in the above post. However, the late game situation was a good thing for the Cajuns to experience. Opponent makes a late run on their home court and you have to make plays to hold them off. That is likely something they will face in New Orleans and post season play.
    I agree with this. It gave us valuable experience in closing out an opponent when you don't have a double digit lead.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I was really thinking the same thing. That’s was just the same we needed. We were not perfect, we turned it over way too many times and Troy shot well from 3 to stay in the game. The outcome was still in doubt in the closing minutes and that’s something we have not had in conference.
    I felt that we really lost our player movement after the first 6 minutes or so. We moved well and moved the ball well which got us open shots and we were looking like we were going to run away with the game. Then, we kind of stopped moving and tried to start going inside more and that just broke our rhythm up.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana at Troy

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I never understand why he's in the game. He looks like he just throws shots up hoping they go in. I just don't care for his style of play.
    10 points, 6 boards in 16 minutes. 4-4 FT. I'll take it.

9. Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Troy

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Its not a weakness. We don't do it often. We just happened to do it several times last night.
    Actually it happens pretty often. We’re not going to let many uncontested 3 point attempts go by.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We have done it more than a few times in recent games. You are suppose to run the opponent off the 3pt. line and not get called for the foul. It happens at times, but it has led to too many 3 shot opportunities at the Free Throw Line in recent games. So yes, I think it's something that needs work.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We have done it more than a few times in recent games. You are suppose to run the opponent off the 3pt. line and not get called for the foul. It happens at times, but it has led to too many 3 shot opportunities at the Free Throw Line in recent games. So yes, I think it's something that needs work.
    Troy shot 53% from the line. Good gamble.

12. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 76

Those homer announcers fell for the 3’s percentage as far from being an anomaly. They’re treating a non blowout like a win. Firstly they’re in no way guaranteed to be in the finals, or even our side the bracket. Anyway they’ve got to hang onto something as they’re likely to lose to ULM tomorrow.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information