Thread: Baseball Student Section?

UL Baseball Baseball Student Section?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Just playing around on the Ticketmaster site for what's available this weekend and saw that there are only 8 seats total for Friday's game on sale now. And not a whole lot for Saturday or even Sunday.
    That's great, but where are the students sitting? Do they have a section down third base line that shows that section sold, meaning that it is reserved for the students? Asked Mat and no answer. Ticket window, no answer. Man on the street, no answer. I have two grand-children at UL and they can't find out either. They have been baseball fans forevernow I know if you want answers, the RP site is where to go.

Default Re: Baseball Student Section?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    That's great, but where are the students sitting? Do they have a section down third base line that shows that section sold, meaning that it is reserved for the students? Asked Mat and no answer. Ticket window, no answer. Man on the street, no answer. I have two grand-children at UL and they can't find out either. They have been baseball fans forevernow I know if you want answers, the RP site is where to go.
    Senior at UL here. As long as I've been here students have never had a section reserved. We get a general admission ticket to sit wherever we want and kinda fill in wherever we can

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Senior at UL here. As long as I've been here students have never had a section reserved. We get a general admission ticket to sit wherever we want and kinda fill in wherever we can
    It's great to have the fans we have now. Someone on here said that when he called or went to ticket master, he was told they only had 8 seats left. I guess you can take that with a grain of salt. But if that's so, and you have 5-6 hundred students show up, what do you tell them? Do they have general admission tickets now, are all seat reserved. Like I said, Mat did not give me an answer when I asked him if they had a student section. He could have said, yes or no

It's great to have the fans we have now. Someone on here said that when he called or went to ticket master, he was told they only had 8 seats left. I guess you can take that with a grain of salt. But if that's so, and you have 5-6 hundred students show up, what do you tell them? Do they have general admission tickets now, are all seat reserved. Like I said, Mat did not give me an answer when I asked him if they had a student section. He could have said, yes or no
    They will sell a few hundred SRO tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    They will sell a few hundred SRO tickets
    Just re-checked ticket master for the Friday game. This is what it says:

"Oh-no! These tickets went fast and we're unable to find more right now."

Typically the student section has been the section on the right of section A but don’t know if that has changed

Just re-checked ticket master for the Friday game. This is what it says:

"Oh-no! These tickets went fast and we're unable to find more right now."
    SRO tickets will be sold walk-up at the front gate. In fact, they need to advertise this because many people wrongly assume that they have no chance of getting tickets and don't even try to show up. The only games that might actually really sell out of SRO and all seats would be tomorrow night's home opener (still think there are SRO that will be made available, though), LSU, and maybe Coastal - at least the Friday game.

Most game contracts allow for the visitor team to have a certain number of tickets. The unused tickets are returned the day of the game.

9. Default Re: Baseball Student Section?

If we don’t start doing a lot better there’s going to be a lot of sold unoccupied seats.

Most students fit in wherever we can. Some ticket holders can't make it, don't show, etc and we make it work. I've never had an issue with trying to find a seat even though most of the time it's a packed house

Student athletic fees to guarantee a certain amount of student seating at all games?

How about if you vote for student fees we will build you a student section deck behind the outfield?

I did a little research into Wright: they're located in Ohio, named after the Wright brothers and have an enrollment of ~17K. They also play in the Horizon conference, got swept by tulane last weekend and they might be a bit not used to something like the Tigue, given their stadium holds 750.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I did a little research into Wright: they're located in Ohio, named after the Wright brothers and have an enrollment of ~17K. They also play in the Horizon conference, got swept by tulane last weekend and they might be a bit not used to something like the Tigue, given their stadium holds 750.
    I am sure you are Wright about all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    How about if you vote for student fees we will build you a student section deck behind the outfield?
    I think the students filling in the gaps at games makes the stadium look so full every game. I don't think necessarily you need an outfield deck for just students. It would feel to disconnected to the rest of the tigue experience. And that's not up to me, I'm about to graduate lol

Thread Information