Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Texas

1. UL Softball Louisiana vs Texas

UL is down 5-0 in the 2nd

seems there was some controversy, I'm not sure what it was

Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas

Texas player was tagged out trying to steal second, ump called her safe. Coach Michael Lotief is angryyy.

3. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ UL is down 5-0 in the 2nd

seems there was some controversy, I'm not sure what it was _
    UT had runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs (after a bunt single with a runner on first base, where the lead runner proceeded to third when nobody covered the bag). The Lady Longhorns executed a double steal. The Lady Cajun throw went to second base (the Lady Cajuns were willing to trade a run for an out, in the interest of preventing the big inning), where the tag was high . but according to Stevie well in front of the bag with the tag being applied well before the runner reached the bag. Umpire called the runner safe.

This opened the floodgates for the big inning.

Brian

Poor Christi Orgeron just can 't do anything right in this tournament, Right now the bigger problem is Katie Smith who had a hard slide back into 2nd base. things look lke the Cajuns just need to pack the bags and get out of Texas. The umpires have been "questionable at best".

Katie is up, but does not look real steady. She is walking by herself.

I think that we will be leaving after this game. We've seen enough "of Texas umpires".

Bases loaded, no outs -> end result = no runs. That was a rough inning for the girls.

One last note before we leave, Katie Smith is out of the game which leaves us all wondering how serious the injury might be.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana vs Texas

Please keep us posted. Trying to continue my shoveling of 4-feet plus snow. Wish I could be there to see the team play.

Remember: "it is not over to the fat lady sings". Of course in Texas, their umpires might influence that. lOl

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    Remember: "it is not over to the fat lady sings". Of course in Texas, their umpires might influence that. lOl _
    Post made via iGeaux.mobi

Already gone and I doubt if we will return. We can't find the game on the radio and I'm having to post using another phone as mine is dead. I'm having trouble using the wireless card on the computer to find the game feed.

Ouch, we just found it and the score is now 6-0.

Oh well, we have an afternoon and night in Houston to have fun!

The ladies look anxious and nervous. Trying to force the issue too much at the plate, defensively they made some mistakes but it happens especially with 2 true freshman out there learning the position.

The umps are atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin88 View Post
    _ The ladies look anxious and nervous. Trying to force the issue too much at the plate, defensively they made some mistakes but it happens especially with 2 true freshman out there learning the position.

The umps are atrocious. _
    Doesn't sound to me though that we have now lost two games because of the umpires. Lack of hitting. errors. mental mistakes. Umpire calls might have made matters a bit worse, but we lost because of US.

Why is it that in every Cajun game be it basketball, baseball, football, or softball we always blame the referees or the umps. Granted I know there are some bad calls sometimes, but we lost the game because of us. Suck it up and come back and win the next one.

_ The ladies look anxious and nervous. Trying to force the issue too much at the plate, defensively they made some mistakes but it happens especially with 2 true freshman out there learning the position.

The umps are atrocious.

If I didn't know better I'd have said they sent in the Texas Rangers insted of umpires with the idea of protecting Houston and Texas. On another thread I took up for the umpire over Stevie P. but over all saying that the umps are atrocious is an understatement.

I wish that an iphone battery would last longer. Listening to a game via radiolicious (SP?) really kills your battery. Thank God for car chargers!

It's a long season. The ladies will gain a ton of experience in these tournaments. We will see a much better team come regionals.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Why is it that in every Cajun game be it basketball, baseball, football, or softball we always blame the referees or the umps. Granted I know there are some bad calls sometimes, but we lost the game because of us. Suck it up and come back and win the next one. _
    I actually think that you have a semi valid point, but the crowd that follows Cajun softball is a very informed crowd. Most of the parents and others that follow the girls on the road, and may at Lamsen Park, are ex officials and ex or current coaches. They know the game from every aspect.

Usually when a softball fan posts that the umps are bad you can be pretty sure that the umps were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Why is it that in every Cajun game be it basketball, baseball, football, or softball we always blame the referees or the umps. Granted I know there are some bad calls sometimes, but we lost the game because of us. Suck it up and come back and win the next one. _
    Cajuns aren't the only ones complaining about the umps. Other teams fans I've talked to have been covering their eyes at some of the calls.

I'm not saying they are singling out the Cajuns, I am saying the umps have been terrible.

_ Cajuns aren't the only ones complaining about the umps. Other teams fans I've talked to have been covering their eyes at some of the calls.

I'm not saying they are singling out the Cajuns, I am saying the umps have been terrible. _
    You are far too kind. They did not single out the Cajuns, but they did single out the two teams that had "T" and "H" on the uniforms. I think you call that a home field advantage, but yesterday and today it was ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information