Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 0, Texas 3

Default Re: Louisiana at Texas G1

SHSU had the lead by one run against Kent State in the top 9 at home. Gave up a grand slam. Rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    My biggest concern is the outfield. It seems like we don't recruit outfielders.
    A lot of our talented freshmen this year play outfield. Bourgeois is another good one.

3. Default Re: Louisiana at Texas G1

I’ve listened to robe post game long enough to get a feel for what is going on.

The man was extremely upbeat

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’ve listened to robe post game long enough to get a feel for what is going on.

What did he say? I didn't listen

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Yes, he is. He had 60 strikeouts over 90 innings last year which isn't bad, but it's not a guy you want going out and striking you out 10 times in 89 pitches.

For comparison's sake, Gunner had 84 strikeouts over 91 innings.
    You understand the guy is a sophomore with less than 10 starts under his belt.

You understand that you can be a dominant arm without being a strikeout pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    What did he say? I didn't listen
    He did sound upbeat, but it was the same message he always has. Gotta battle at the plate, make pitchers work, and then match them on the mound. Thought Burk and Schmidt did match him, thought it should be have been 1-0 if we got the double play on the bobble and the pop fly.

8. Default

You understand that you can be a dominant arm without being a strikeout pitcher.
    Or this

All of the morons having a meltdown on day one of the season
    I don’t think anyone is melting. I’m certainly not. It’s just the reality of the situation. We haven’t been a good hitting team and we suck at hitting good pitching. The last 3 years have been wasted on arguably 3 of our better pitching staffs in recent memory because the JT approach. Base running mistakes, no timely hits and strikeouts have been our Achilles since he’s been here. All three happened tonight. I know it’s the first game and things can change over the course of a season but it’s ____ing aggravating to watch the same ____ year after year with the pitching we have. Anyway, I hope I’m eating some serious crow and we can start by taking one tomorrow.

I'd be curious to see if last year he was changing FB speed between 90 and 96 and locating it at will. It was impressive.

At the same time, you have to figure out how to beat that guy. The way we could have done it tonight is to get the runs in early when we got them in scoring position. These early games against tough opponents will hopefully be great learning experiences for our young guys.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    I don’t think anyone is melting. I’m certainly not. It’s just the reality of the situation. We haven’t been a good hitting team and we suck at hitting good pitching. The last 3 years have been wasted on arguably 3 of our better pitching staffs in recent memory because the JT approach. Base running mistakes, no timely hits and strikeouts have been our Achilles since he’s been here. All three happened tonight. I know it’s the first game and things can change over the course of a season but it’s ____ing aggravating to watch the same ____ year after year with the pitching we have. Anyway, I hope I’m eating some serious crow and we can start by taking one tomorrow.
    Everyone sucks at hitting good pitching

I know I certainly did

I've listened to robe post game long enough to get a feel for what is going on.

“It’s a different big boy process”

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    “It’s a different big boy process”
    Bottom line is, you’re facing front line arms all weekend. Sink or swim.

Not true.

Some put the ball in play and put pressure on the defense and some just strikeout and don’t make the pitcher work. I’m sure you’re smart enough to figure out which category we fall under

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information