Thread: LA extends streak with win over Oregon State

1. UL Softball LA extends streak with win over Oregon State

After Oregon State scored three runs in the fifth inning to pull within 8-4 of the Ragin’ Cajuns, Cajuns coach Gerry Glasco said he had no regrets in trying to give Summer Ellyson a chance to close the inning.

Default Re: LA extends streak with win over Oregon State

Oregon State down, up next #2 Florida Gators!!! Let's geaux, Lady Cajuns, when at bat make that little glow ball fly!!!

Just a pet peeve of mine. All night long Yvette Girouard and the guy with her referred to the home team as the Cajuns and the visitors Oregon St. I've always believed if cajuns then beavers. If Oregon st then Louisiana. It looked as if they were trying hard to avoid Louisiana, Louisiana Lafayette.... or any other version we've heard in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Just a pet peeve of mine. All night long Evette Girard and the guy with her referred to the home team as the Cajuns and the visitors Oregon St. I've always believed if cajuns then beavers. If Oregon st then Louisiana. It looked as if they were trying hard to avoid Louisiana, Louisiana Lafayette.... or any other version we've heard in the past.
    What do you expect? (I've got the plaque...)

I'm still not sure that we can hang with Florida or any top 10 team. Come on Cajuns, prove me wrong this weekend.

6. Default Re: LA extends streak with win over Oregon State

Just a pet peeve of mine. All night long Yvette Girouard and the guy with her referred to the home team as the Cajuns and the visitors Oregon St. I've always believed if cajuns then beavers. If Oregon st then Louisiana. It looked as if they were trying hard to avoid Louisiana, Louisiana Lafayette.... or any other version we've heard in the past.
    That is my pet peeve as well.

The Advertiser and even LASID headlines do this mixmatch all the time as well.

To give them some credit, I did hear them refer to us as Louisiana a few times.

Florida's pitching is outstanding. Our small ball approach may be a better fit against them right now than a power hitting one as their pitchers are very hard to get the bat on the ball solidly.Our pitchers will play the biggest part in this weekends series on a possible win. Dave Shultz had Coach Walton on this morning who mentioned he had watched the Oregon State game last night and has been telling his team about the environment at Lamson.

In addition, the softball games show as pending on ESPN3.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Florida's pitching is outstanding. Our small ball approach may be a better fit against them right now than a power hitting one as their pitchers are very hard to get the bat on the ball solidly.Our pitchers will play the biggest part in this weekends series on a possible win. Dave Shultz had Coach Walton on this morning who mentioned he had watched the Oregon State game last night and has been telling his team about the environment at Lamson.

In addition, the softball games show as pending on ESPN3.
    It is great to impress SEC and PAC 12 teams with our facilities and our environment.

The Oregon State game was NOT blacked out locally (at least on my phone), and I was able to watch from the Cajundome. Fingers crossed we get the same deal Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is my pet peeve as well.

The Advertiser and even LASID headlines do this mixmatch all the time as well.
    That makes three of us.

12. UL Softball Re: LA extends streak with win over Oregon State

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    To give them some credit, I did hear them refer to us as Louisiana a few times.
    Maybe you did, but I didn't. Unfortunately my recording didn't start until the middle of the second inning. I heard Louisiana-Lafayette once and never Louisiana. At the end if the game they said, 'Ragin'Cajuns defeated the Beavers from Oregon State.'

I'm not going to rewatch to prove I'm right or wrong, but I was absolutely listening for Louisiana all night.

Thread Information