Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Then, we need to run a playground defense!
    We did, and that is why he drove to the basket at will in the second half.

As the conference leader, we're going to get everyone's best shot. Maybe the refs best shot, too. Especially on the road. Looking forward to next Thursday's home game.

With apologies to Turbine, Johnathan's performance was in a Hot Stove League of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mike, I watched the game. You can't defend the same way when Gant is not in the game defending the basket. You have to make adjustments .
    Agree with that view. We should play more zone when Gant is on the bench. Coach just does not like to do that very often. Worked well for us at Nicholls early in year. Coach has a philosophy though that he wants to limit threes from whoever we play. Countless times he has said the game plan was to run the opponent off the three point line.

• Senior Johnathan Stove enters today's game 25 points shy of reaching the 1,000-point mark.

Congratulations Johnathan on reaching 1,003 career points.
    Good game!

Just watched the first 6 minutessome of the most BS fouls so far.

These refs can’t seem to make up their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    These refs can’t seem to make up their minds.
    You always want consistency from officials. They were consistently lost from the little I watched.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    With apologies to Turbine, Johnathan's performance was in a Hot Stove League of his own.

He was outstanding today. If there were a 6th man of year award in league, he would get my vote. Glad to see hom having more success finishing at rim this season. Hard to believe regular season ends three weeks from tonight

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He was outstanding today. If there were a 6th man of year award in league, he would get my vote. Glad to see hom having more success finishing at rim this season. Hard to believe regular season ends three weeks from tonight
    getting back to the announcers, I liked the way they knew so much about their team and projected their different scenarios for the yearalso kept referring tp us as the best team in the league!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I imagine that our blocks were minimal without Gant?
    Bryce actually had several blocks. He played much better defensively this game than last and protected the lane when Gant was out. Also, I felt we should have gone zone mid to late first half when we really started getting in foul trouble. Teams with quickness on the outside really hurt this team and put a lot of pressure on our bigs inside to defend the rim. It was evident again yesterday. I think a zone would be smart for Marlin to incorporate a little more.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    • Louisiana is one of five schools nationally (as of Feb. 8) that have won seven or more games on the road and are undefeated at home. The Ragin' Cajuns are joined by Virginia, St. Mary's, Montana and UC Santa Barbara.

Louisiana has now won 8 games on the road.
    good stuff here. take va off that list as va tech beat them in hooksville yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    good stuff here. take va off that list as va tech beat them in hooksville yesterday.
    You are forgetting about St. Mary's. They lost last night to Gonzaga as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Bryce actually had several blocks. He played much better defensively this game than last and protected the lane when Gant was out. Also, I felt we should have gone zone mid to late first half when we really started getting in foul trouble. Teams with quickness on the outside really hurt this team and put a lot of pressure on our bigs inside to defend the rim. It was evident again yesterday. I think a zone would be smart for Marlin to incorporate a little more.
    I agree with that suggestion. Regarding Gant and his shot blocks, his presence in the middle involves more than getting some of those. He alters a lot of shots into misses which is part of his job as a rim protector. Bryce did play well on defense yesterday and was credited with 3 blocks.

I really like what I seen out of Davis in his limited time on court. Really hope to see him develop.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information