Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Tookie Brown is a playground player. He doesn't know how to run an offense.
    I think you are right. They are dead last in the SBC in assists at under 10 per game and the ball is in his hands most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I think you are right. They are dead last in the SBC in assists at under 10 per game and the ball is in his hands most of the time.
    The sad thing about it is we allowed him to play that type of ball in the second half. I agree about the officiating, but we aren't playing good basketball as a team right now. Take the win on the road, enjoy it tonight and come on home.

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    My goodness. Defense needs to step back up.
    Over 100 last game 91 today
    Defense played pretty well most of the game. The problem was they were trying to run them off the 3 point line which allowed him to beat his man off the dribble and get to the hoop. They also shot the ball a lot better than they have much of the year. I agree that 90+ points is too much but there was a reason we gave up a ton in the second half. Not to mention all those terrible foul calls that put them at the line for which they shot way over their average as well.

The sad thing about it is we allowed him to play that type of ball in the second half. I agree about the officiating, but we aren't playing good basketball as a team right now. Take the win on the road, enjoy it tonight and come on home.
    I mentioned this in the comments before, coach talked about this in the post game. They were running him off the 3 point line to limit the comeback but unfortunately it allowed him to get to the rim. The game was called so tight they were afraid to try to really defend him once he got there.

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    My goodness. Defense needs to step back up.
    Over 100 last game 91 today
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    That tookie brown is a scoring machine. Getting him in Foul trouble in the first half was key. Might’ve been a different finish.
    He hurts us as much as Simonds (GAST).

Tookie Brown is a playground player. He doesn't know how to run an offense.
    Then, we need to run a playground defense!

Gant did not play much due to foul trouble and that was a reason the Georgia Southern guards were able to score inside, especially late in the game. He is key to protecting the rim. Note, the two minutes he played late in the first half is when we retook the lead. That gave us momentum to finish strong in the half. He was also a key to us stretching out the lead in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Gant did not play much due to foul trouble and that was a reason the Georgia Southern guards were able to score inside, especially late in the game. He is key to protecting the rim. Note, the two minutes he played late in the first half is when we retook the lead. That gave us momentum to finish strong in the half. He was also a key to us stretching out the lead in the 2nd half.
    Here are a few other positives. Dominated the boards after struggling the other night there. Also, Stove had an outstanding game in many facets. I think he had a career high in points. He scored from the line, from the three, and by driving to the goal. He also had several rebounds. Good for the senior. Also, our bench did contribute well. Just talked about Stove. Miller had a solid game, Russell hit a big three late in the half, and Davis was more than solid in his time. 6 points from him were huge in his time. Good to see the team handle disappointment as well as they have handled success.

• Louisiana is one of five schools nationally (as of Feb. 8) that have won seven or more games on the road and are undefeated at home. The Ragin' Cajuns are joined by Virginia, St. Mary's, Montana and UC Santa Barbara.

Louisiana has now won 8 games on the road.

If fans like offense then they should like the Cajuns.

• Since the 2013-14 season, Louisiana has recorded 86 games with 80 or more points scored - the fifth-most by any Division I school during that span and trailing North Carolina (101), BYU (98), Gonzaga (92) and Duke (92).

It is now 87 games.

On the other hand, I wonder how many times Louisiana has scored more than 80 and lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Mike, I watched the game. You can't defend the same way when Gant is not in the game defending the basket. You have to make adjustments .

I imagine that our blocks were minimal without Gant?

And I didn’t watch the game, but WTH with all those fouls?

They literally got called for fouls for breathing on an opponent. Additionally, refs would let a "foul" go, but when it was advantageous for the defense, they would blow a delayed whistle. I noticed that more than several times.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information