Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

1. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    sorry, this is a losers mentality and i hope it doesnt seep into our team.
    How can it possibly be a losers mentality if I gave you a universal 'preseason state of mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yes, they hit shots. We knew they’d hit shots. That’s what they do. It’s their strength. It’s interesting that every time we play a team that’s not SBC level garbage, “everything goes in”. Please spare me. In every aspect that we’ve been strong in, we were out played. Rebounds, free throws, hustle, creating turnovers. (byw, I’m not seeing anyone talk about the fact that we only turned the ball over 7 times, shot mid 40s percentage wise, and still got run). We’re a second half team with depth? Well they just destroyed us in the second half with 6 players.

I love this team. Think very highly of every member of our team. But we’ve reached a point to where we can’t call a spade a spade. IDGAF about 20-5, and neither does the NCAA seeding committee. 1-5 againast top 150. You can’t spin that.

We talk about a rival with Ga St? They own us. In a year where people seem to think we have a “special” team, we got embarrassed in their gym? Couldn’t compete in the second half.
    Then let’s regain ownership in the tournament.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Then let’s regain ownership in the tournament.
    And that’s certainly possible. I’m not saying it’s over and we’re no good. I’m saying, to this point, what we are is a team that dominates bad teams and struggles big time against good teams. And that’s the truth. There are stats and history to back that up.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    How can it possibly be a losers mentality if I gave you a universal 'preseason state of mind.'
    but we arent in the preseason anymore. if we start out 20-0 and then lose 4 straight, we are supposed to be all excited bc we are 20-4, or worried because we lost 4 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

I love this team. Think very highly of every member of our team. But we’ve reached a point to where we can’t call a spade a spade. IDGAF about 20-5, and neither does the NCAA seeding committee. 1-5 againast top 150. You can’t spin that.
    Wow. Already counting Ga Southern as a loss? FYI: Currently Cajuns are 20-4. I expect a good response and good performance Saturday and Cajuns moving to 21-4. Split in GA. Not bad, but I’ll take it (at this point). Of course I woulda ratherd a sweep, but gotta flush it and move on. Get em next time - hopefully in NOLA in the finals.

6. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Obviously a typo

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Believe me, I'm not arguing that point. These punk asses have our (Marlin's) number.
    Their point guard reminded me of the Muhammad Ali shuffle, which was clearly taunting and laughing at us. How many times did they blow by us to the basket and virtually all 3 point shots were uncontested and when we did contest it was a 3 shot foul? We played like we had lead in our shoes. No excuse for that kind of performance from a 20-3 team. Just when we are starting to get national recognition and our fan base is getting excited about the possibilities, we lay an egg. We will probably see GA State in the finals of the conference tournament. Marlin had better come up with a better defensive scheme than last night or it will be blow-out city again. Maybe all the winning got to their heads. If so, last night should have grounded them. That said, Geaux Cajuns!

Should have rode a bus

He has to run the table and win the regular season title And get to the Conference Tourney Championship game to get an NIT bid. otherwise, with his record against top 150 RPI teams it's buy in tourney time again f*** that. that's a fact guys this team is capable of that talent wise and I hope he does it because I don't give a crap who the Coach is, just get it done.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    but we arent in the preseason anymore. if we start out 20-0 and then lose 4 straight, we are supposed to be all excited bc we are 20-4, or worried because we lost 4 in a row.
    Expectations definitely change, but thinking and acting like you lost 4-in-a-row is often a self fulfilling prophecy.

More often than not, freaking out (overreacting) when a long win streak ends causes losing streaks.

11. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    He has to run the table and win the regular season title And get to the Conference Tourney Championship game to get an NIT bid.
    I might be wrong but I think just running the table in the regular season get an automatic NIT bid.

I might be wrong but I think just running the table in the regular season get an automatic NIT bid.
    Yep, because you would be the regular season champion which guarantees you an NIT berth.

There are no automatic bids to the NIT as far as I know

To get the NIT bid, Cajuns just have to match GA State the rest of the way in number of losses. Assuming no other team has a realistic chance to catch the top 2. Cajuns do have one "extra game" to be played as GA State has played one more than the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    There are no automatic bids to the NIT as far as I know
    #1 seed (regular season champ) gets an auto bid to the NIT if that team doesn't win the conference tournament.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information