Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

Bottom line is this is just one game. How many of us thought we'd really go undefeated the rest of the conference season?

It hurts to lose this badly to GaSt especially but this (type of) game was going to happen eventually. Let's flush this and get these guys back when it really counts.

p.s. I was talking about the women's game when I predicted a 15 point win earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    My god. One bad loss, and people here are ready to throw in the towel. That’s embarrassing.

Anyone remember what happened during Shawn Long’s senior season? We went to Atlanta and took them to the woodshed. Demolished them. Anyone remember what happened the next two times we played gast? In fact, I don’t think we’ve beaten them since.

It’s a loss. A bad loss. But that’s all that it is. Stop whining and let’s play next.
    No one's throwing in the toweltelling the truth about our wins and losses is not throwing in the towelI've been to every home game and will be at the rest of the gamesfacts are facts

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We are 1 and 4 against top 150 RPI teams.
    and thats the sobering fact that puts all kind of earned shade against 20-4 record. That's the point that has our fan base PO'ed Harsh reality sux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I understand that it isn't the end of the world and the season isn't over yet. But how can you honestly say this team hasn't been tested that much? Again, we are 1-4 against Top 150 RPI teams. When we have been tested, we have won once and lost by double digits in the 4 losses. That is who this team is period. Luckily we have a shot a top seed, if not the top seed in the SBC Tournament. We still have a chance at the NCAA Dance, and that is why I haven't given up. But it is laughable at best to hear people deny this team hasn't played well against the Top 150 teams on the schedule. Tonight wasn't just tough, it was a total embarrassment for this program.
    This

The Cajuns missed several layups, which had been a problem in previous games. We shot poorly from the charity stripe, which had been one of the teams strong points. We could not buy a rebound at times, which was out of character for this team. We shot well below our average from the 3 point line in the 2nd half and in the meantime GS was on fire from beyond the 3 point line. Defense played OK at times but the panthers would just step out and shoot a NBA 3 point shot.

Bottom line, this is just one game. The big question is how the team will respond to the loss. We are still in first place and still control our destiny. I am disappointed, but I really did not expect that the Cajuns would go undefeated in conference. Now it is time to beat the other GA team.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Bottom line is this is just one game. How many of us thought we'd really go undefeated the rest of the conference season?

It hurts to lose this badly to GaSt especially but this (type of) game was going to happen eventually. Let's flush this and get these guys back when it really counts.

p.s. I was talking about the women's game when I predicted a 15 point win earlier.
    It’s not one game it’s a microcosm of the Hunter vs Marlin series.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We’ve been tested 6 times. 5 if those games were winnable. We’re 1-5 with a loss average in the double digits. That’s not nothing.

How come we always talk about the large sample size until it tells us something we don’t want to believe?
    We only have four losses, but I get the point. They seemed like they were waiting for the big run that never came, instead of trying to force their will on the opponent. One thing about Hunter’s teams is they’re not afraid of a street fight. We flinched tonight, that’s for sure. Now we’ll find out what we’re made of.

That being said, I still say that mediocre teams don’t make it to 20-3 in Division I. If we flinch again in the tournament though, guess I’ll have to give you your due. But I’ll hold off judgment till then.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    No one's throwing in the toweltelling the truth about our wins and losses is not throwing in the towelI've been to every home game and will be at the rest of the gamesfacts are facts
    Thank you! Exactly this. Doesn’t mean I don’t love this team. Doesn’t mean have “given up”. It means I can see what’s going on.

Believe me, I'm not arguing that point. These punk asses have our (Marlin's) number.

Not there yet but approaching Fletcher vs. Floyd madness.

Hunter's suit was a complete joke. It looked like threads bought out of a goodwill store. I hate that dude worse than tropical weather season.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    The Cajuns missed several layups, which had been a problem in previous games. We shot poorly from the charity stripe, which had been one of the teams strong points. We could not buy a rebound at times, which was out of character for this team. We shot well below our average from the 3 point line in the 2nd half and in the meantime GS was on fire from beyond the 3 point line. Defense played OK at times but the panthers would just step out and shoot a NBA 3 point shot.

Bottom line, this is just one game. The big question is how the team will respond to the loss. We are still in first place and still control our destiny. I am disappointed, but I really did not expect that the Cajuns would go undefeated in conference. Now it is time to beat the other GA team.

As someone who has played in hundreds if not thousands of pickup basketball games over the last 45+ years, I can tell you it is very frustrating when everything your opponent throws up finds it's way into the basket. That seemed to happen to the Cajuns tonight. Example is when they hit a 30 foot three with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. It is just their night when such things occur. When that happens you just congratulate those guys and move on. Key to continued success is not to lose confidence and recognize the extremely hot shooting is likely an anomaly and unlikely to be repeated. Don't let the disappointment linger or you will allow the same time to beat you twice by not moving all your focus to the next opponent. Our guys have handled success well. How they handle a little failure will determine their season. I said that back when the conference season started. All that being said, we have to compete harder on the boards in order to be successful the next time we face the Panthers.

13. Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

We have the same situation that we knew would present itselfthe conference season champs get NIT at least.the tourney winners go to the show and we now have a chance for the NIT and a chance at the show .allons Cajans!!!

Last edited by Boomer; February 8th, 2018 at 11:25 pm. Reason: Not finished

Easy to be optimistic when you’re beating up on a bad conference. Every time we get challenged, we get hammered. Ga St is not that good people.
    Part of me wants to tell you that you are over reacting to one game on the road but the other side of me wants to agree. The main test will come Saturday in how we handle this defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Stroman has been a weak link for a few weeks now.
    Along with Bartley, Stroman was our best player tonight. He had over a dozen assists.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information