Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Should have rode a bus
    We played like we did. We were delayed the whole trip

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Pressuring or trapping 10' outside the three point line has never worked for us against Ga State. I think we actually need to compact the coverage a little to provide help with drivers. I think we would do better against them with something like a match-up zone, but that just me.
    The problem was that we never committed to it. To be effective, you have to actually trap. We never really did that nor did we attack the ball handler to try to cause errant passes. It was just bizarre.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I have to agree with this. You look at our winning margin and we are double digits positive in our wins. You look at our losses and we are similar differential but in the opposite direction. You would think that a team that is 20-3 would have been pretty competitive in OOC games against teams like Wyoming and Ole Miss. Even playing Clemson you would hope for a little more of a contest although they are a legit ranked team.

I expected us to lose soon in conference. I argued with those who even talked about winning out. That really wasn't in the cards, however, i didn't expect us to defend like we did on that stage with a pretty seasoned team. We really didn't have much poise. We were blowing open layups and Marquetti looked like he was peeing his pants every time the ball left his hand.
    If I'm considered one of those that "argued with you about going unbeaten in conference" I made it clear that it was only "logical" that we would go undefeated in conference if we didn't face a truly better team. And last night. we clearly did. But we did not lose because "odds" or "logic" caught up with us. GASt beats the Cajuns 4 out of 5 times. So. if we're going to win the conference tourney. we better hope the 1 out of 5 happens at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    If I'm considered one of those that "argued with you about going unbeaten in conference" I made it clear that it was only "logical" that we would go undefeated in conference if we didn't face a truly better team. And last night. we clearly did. But we did not lose because "odds" or "logic" caught up with us. GASt beats the Cajuns 4 out of 5 times. So. if we're going to win the conference tourney. we better hope the 1 out of 5 happens at the right time.
    Bull____. That team is not that much better to beat us 4 out of 5 times. The "logic" of losing was that the conference season is a long season. You can't run from playing on the road, no matter how insignificant some here want to make that sound its not easy and winning percentages on the road versus at home don't lie. My point was that I wasn't going to let one loss, particularly to one of the top two teams in the league on the road in a tough environment change my expectation of the team.

The nature of the loss was not what we wanted but we easily could have slipped up against a lesser team with a bad shooting night and foul trouble. I saw things to be concerned about like our defense but I was also somewhat impressed with our ability to score and shoot on the road.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Bull____. That team is not that much better to beat us 4 out of 5 times. The "logic" of losing was that the conference season is a long season. You can't run from playing on the road, no matter how insignificant some here want to make that sound its not easy and winning percentages on the road versus at home don't lie. My point was that I wasn't going to let one loss, particularly to one of the top two teams in the league on the road in a tough environment change my expectation of the team.

The nature of the loss was not what we wanted but we easily could have slipped up against a lesser team with a bad shooting night and foul trouble. I saw things to be concerned about like our defense but I was also somewhat impressed with our ability to score and shoot on the road.
    Bull____ right back at ya. We played on the road and scorched other SBC teams. We ran into a better team last night. Play em again. home or away. more than likely lose. But again. we're the best Bob has had. we're good in numerous ways. and we still even have a shot at winning the conference tourney. but GASt is better on more nights than not. If the Cajun team doesn't agree (and you don't really matter). I'm all about seeing it during tourney time.

But again. the odds didn't catch up with the Cajuns undefeated run. a better team did.

Bull____ right back at ya. We played on the road and scorched other SBC teams. We ran into a better team last night. Play em again. home or away. more than likely lose. But again. we're the best Bob has had. we're good in numerous ways. and we still even have a shot at winning the conference tourney. but GASt is better on more nights than not. If the Cajun team doesn't agree (and you don't really matter). I'm all about seeing it during tourney time.

But again. the odds didn't catch up with the Cajuns undefeated run. a better team did.
    This is laughable. You got it all figured out.

7. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

This is laughable. You got it all figured out.
    Lots of things on this board are laughable.

How did this superior team lose to South AL and Troy? Are they better than Ga Southern? They also barely beat Texas State.

Last night, and four out of five times against us they have been the better team. I'd venture to say that in NO, we'll see a much different game.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    How did this superior team lose to South AL and Troy? Are they better than Ga Southern? They also barely beat Texas State.

Last night, and four out of five times against us they have been the better team. I'd venture to say that in NO, we'll see a much different game.
    I also expect Ga State to drop at least one on the Texas trip which I believe is the week after next. Coach should scout Texas State and see how they play D vs. Ga State. Texas State held the Panthers to just 54 points. South Al and Troy also held them in the 60's. so it can be done. Ga State even lost to Prairie View 71-56. Yikes.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

It's halftime in the 2018 LA vs GaS saga.

Let us see who makes the best halftime adjustments.

See you in New Orleans.

I hope you're right. How you match up player for player and style of play can flip the "who's the better team". I'm massively impressed with this Cajun group. It's way more the collective effort they deploy that impresses me. I guess it was acceptable to assume the Cajuns are better than everyone we faced and beat in conference. but unacceptable to think we aren't better than someone we lost to?

If we do go to the NCAA. and we lose. is it the "odds" catching up with us? You know. "you can't win them all". or what I got earlier (it's a long season. LOL. as if it's longer for you than it is for everyone else. at any given point).

It's going to be ok. I don't take myself as serious as others. I'm not mad because we disagree. And it doesn't matter if I think we lost because "we weren't as good". or if "the 'odds' LOL caught up with us. I didn't say we won't beat GASt when/if we play them in the conference tourney. I said they will be the strong favorite. I also think if we face Clemson or Ole Miss in the NCAAs. should that happen. they'll be favored against us. I hope that doesn't get anyone's panties in a wad.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's halftime in the 2018 LA vs GaS saga.

Let us see who makes the best halftime adjustments.

See you in New Orleans.
    Great attitude, Turbine. Never enter a contest thinking you're up against a better competitor. Always believe you're the better one in "this" contest. Reality will fill in the details.

To add to your question/comment. UL is by far the more disciplined team and maybe even the most complete team in the SBC. That attribute doesn't always hold every style of opponent in check. We are definitely better than the majority of the SBC on every given night.

As for "we'll see a much different game" in NO. I hope we see us win. I don't care for Ron Hunter. I hope he stumbles in the conference tourney and we don't have to play them on the road to the auto.

I hope you're right. How you match up player for player and style of play can flip the "who's the better team". I'm massively impressed with this Cajun group. It's way more the collective effort they deploy that impresses me. I guess it was acceptable to assume the Cajuns are better than everyone we faced and beat in conference. but unacceptable to think we aren't better than someone we lost to?

If we do go to the NCAA. and we lose. is it the "odds" catching up with us? You know. "you can't win them all". or what I got earlier (it's a long season. LOL. as if it's longer for you than it is for everyone else. at any given point).

It's going to be ok. I don't take myself as serious as others. I'm not mad because we disagree. And it doesn't matter if I think we lost because "we weren't as good". or if "the 'odds' LOL caught up with us. I didn't say we won't beat GASt when/if we play them in the conference tourney. I said they will be the strong favorite. I also think if we face Clemson or Ole Miss in the NCAAs. should that happen. they'll be favored against us. I hope that doesn't get anyone's panties in a wad.
    You can also be the better team, or certainly be one's equal but lose to them especially when its on the road. To go from we are the best team we've had at this university and the best team in the SBC to now we couldn't beat GSU but only 1 out of 5 times home or away is just funny. I'm not going to get into the ups and downs of conference play and how this is a natural pattern because that freaks some guys out but you can look at games and teams across the country and conference affiliations and see this happening. Last year, UNC was obviously the national champion. They won the ACC conference regular season title but one of their losses in conference was to Georgia Tech. How does that happen? I would suggest that they surely had better odds than 1 out of 5 in doing so.

Some teams just have another team's number. Case in point, the Saints had the Cowboy's number for awhile. One team that has the Saint's number are the lowly Browns. Go figure.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information