Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

It my be helpful if we just take a deep breath and back away from the keyboard for a little while.

Ok.I stand corrected, it is an auto bid to the NIT for a regular season title

3. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

I think the NIT auto bid is something the NCAA implemented after they purchased the NIT.

https://www.ncaa.com/championships/b.postseason-nit

This is all new to me.

Just checked the RPI and UTA is now tied with Iowa at 149. So technically we are 2-4 against the Top 150, 0-4 against the Top 148.

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Just checked the RPI and UTA is now tied with Iowa at 149. So technically we are 2-4 against the Top 150, 0-4 against the Top 148.
    Cool.

Sounds like a "Today Only Special."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Expectations definitely change, but thinking and acting like you lost 4-in-a-row is often a self fulfilling prophecy.

More often than not, freaking out (overreacting) when a long win streak ends causes losing streaks.
    well, thats not what i said, because of a loss you cant say "well, if i would have told you we would be 20-4, would you take it" thats trying to hide or ignore the very bad loss we had.

it looked like we had a different game plan - maybe trying to stay out of foul trouble or something - because our guys looked like they were thinking out there and not just doing. if a guy got a step by them it was obvious we were giving up an easy lay up as opposed to a contested one.

8. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    well, thats not what i said, because of a loss you cant say "well, if i would have told you we would be 20-4, would you take it" thats trying to hide or ignore the very bad loss we had.
    Not hiding anything. Not ignoring anything.

Trying to stem "The Sky is Falling" mentality from going mainstream because of one bad loss.

You see this happen many times on the strip between Pine & Exchange.

Pressuring or trapping 10' outside the three point line has never worked for us against Ga State. I think we actually need to compact the coverage a little to provide help with drivers. I think we would do better against them with something like a match-up zone, but that just me.

Just never made the right adjustments to get enough stops to go on a run. I agree, we needed to get out of that man pressure and either play straight man, or I like your idea of the match up zone.

Very interested to see how they respond. We will know what kind of character we have after Saturday.

This game just goes to show you how AWFUL the SUN WORST is.maybe we can buy a bid to the LHSAA tourney in the private school class.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

The other team wants to win too.
    I agree with Mike that we should have stopped the high trap earlier. I'm all for aggressive defense and I would like to see us play that a bit more but we were not getting turnovers and they were hitting the open shots created by beating our double team. I'm also not sure why Ced didnt have more of a green light in the 2nd. The kid was stroking in the 1st.
    Saturday will tell us a lot about this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    The other team wants to win too.
    I agree with Mike that we should have stopped the high trap earlier. I'm all for aggressive defense and I would like to see us play that a bit more but we were not getting turnovers and they were hitting the open shots created by beating our double team. I'm also not sure why Ced didnt have more of a green light in the 2nd. The kid was stroking in the 1st.
    Saturday will tell us a lot about this team.
    Give credit to Zephyr for being the first to suggest the high trap should have been called off sooner. Very good observation by him.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yes, they hit shots. We knew they’d hit shots. That’s what they do. It’s their strength. It’s interesting that every time we play a team that’s not SBC level garbage, “everything goes in”. Please spare me. In every aspect that we’ve been strong in, we were out played. Rebounds, free throws, hustle, creating turnovers. (byw, I’m not seeing anyone talk about the fact that we only turned the ball over 7 times, shot mid 40s percentage wise, and still got run). We’re a second half team with depth? Well they just destroyed us in the second half with 6 players.

I love this team. Think very highly of every member of our team. But we’ve reached a point to where we can’t call a spade a spade. IDGAF about 20-5, and neither does the NCAA seeding committee. 1-5 againast top 150. You can’t spin that.

We talk about a rival with Ga St? They own us. In a year where people seem to think we have a “special” team, we got embarrassed in their gym? Couldn’t compete in the second half.
    I did speak about those things. That's how apparent our lack of defense was last night. We scored 92 points while not playing all that great but shooting close to our averages in all aspects, the difference was the defense and easy shots we gave up both on the perimeter and in the lane. Points in Paint was shockingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And that’s certainly possible. I’m not saying it’s over and we’re no good. I’m saying, to this point, what we are is a team that dominates bad teams and struggles big time against good teams. And that’s the truth. There are stats and history to back that up.
    I have to agree with this. You look at our winning margin and we are double digits positive in our wins. You look at our losses and we are similar differential but in the opposite direction. You would think that a team that is 20-3 would have been pretty competitive in OOC games against teams like Wyoming and Ole Miss. Even playing Clemson you would hope for a little more of a contest although they are a legit ranked team.

I expected us to lose soon in conference. I argued with those who even talked about winning out. That really wasn't in the cards, however, i didn't expect us to defend like we did on that stage with a pretty seasoned team. We really didn't have much poise. We were blowing open layups and Marquetti looked like he was peeing his pants every time the ball left his hand.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information