Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    We stand no chance winning the tourney. Ga St owns us like a bad habit. I was hoping our girl scout cookie schedule was not what it seemed. But, it is. On to Baseball.
    Of course we do. Those guys hit everything in the gym. They are a good team but so are we. Its February man, you'll have a lot of time for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    As someone who has played in hundreds if not thousands of pickup basketball games over the last 45+ years, I can tell you it is very frustrating when everything your opponent throws up finds it's way into the basket. That seemed to happen to the Cajuns tonight. Example is when they hit a 30 foot three with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. It is just their night when such things occur. When that happens you just congratulate those guys and move on. Key to continued success is not to lose confidence and recognize the extremely hot shooting is likely an anomaly and unlikely to be repeated. Don't let the disappointment linger or you will allow the same time to beat you twice by not moving all your focus to the next opponent. Our guys have handled success well. How they handle a little failure will determine their season. I said that back when the conference season started. All that being said, we have to compete harder on the boards in order to be successful the next time we face the Panthers.
    Mike you are right but we didn't do much to help ourselves either. We gave up a career night to their center who dominated us with inside dunks and layups. The trap up top was not working and we should have stopped it midway through the first half. It created too many shooting lanes and allowed them to penetrate and find him with no rotation. We got killed with points in the paint, not jacked up 3's. While this is a frustrating loss, my judgement of the team will come this Saturday in our response.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Dude you go from one extreme to the other on nearly everything related to UL.
    BIggest drama queen on RP.dudes (assuming?) an emotional roller coaster EVERY game thread.

Haven't lost 2 in a row all year. Don't expect it to happen Saturday.

Split the GA trip and I'm a happy camper.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Not to be ugly, but I predicted a regular season record of 27-4. This game being our lone loss. Get the split, come home.

6. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

We all know the limitations of the Sun Belt, it is a given.

Still, before the season started, there exists not a fan that would've said 'I'll be disappointed with a 20-4 record' at the current juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Not there yet but approaching Fletcher vs. Floyd madness.
    When they get to the Bobby and Billy Tubbs level of stopping a game because of possible nail heads sticking up on the court at Blackham, let me know.

Until then, Hunter is what he is. Has zero to do with winning or losing. I have several adjectives and nouns I'd like to use, but I'd get banned, or the multitude of blanks would be confusing.

He is a microcosm of what bad coaching looks like. When it becomes about a coach's clothing, EVEN A NECKTIE like St. Marty cough, cough, the coach makes it about him. And that's just the start.

We can win the tourney cause this league is SO FRICKING BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I can’t remember the last time i was this ____ing plssed about a sporting event
    When football played Tulsa and our defense never saw the field?

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan View Post
    When football played Tulsa and our defense never saw the field?
    Yeah, if you are a Cajun fan unfortunately there are a few of these types of memories. Like 2007 football against McNeese. It took a lot for me to come back that year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yeah, if you are a Cajun fan unfortunately there are a few of these types of memories. Like 2007 football against McNeese. It took a lot for me to come back that year.
    I was there for that one.you brought up bad memories I thought I had hidden. I want to go find a bar right now and drink lol

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    We all know the limitations of the Sun Belt, it is a given.

Still, before the season started, there exists not a fan that would've said 'I'll be disappointed with a 20-4 record' at the current juncture.
    sorry, this is a losers mentality and i hope it doesnt seep into our team.

This one hurts, I agree. Let’s not let one loss ruin a ride thing here. Especially for the seniors. Lift me up and support them the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Mike you are right but we didn't do much to help ourselves either. We gave up a career night to their center who dominated us with inside dunks and layups. The trap up top was not working and we should have stopped it midway through the first half. It created too many shooting lanes and allowed them to penetrate and find him with no rotation. We got killed with points in the paint, not jacked up 3's. While this is a frustrating loss, my judgement of the team will come this Saturday in our response.
    Agree with this post.

15. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Yes, they hit shots. We knew they’d hit shots. That’s what they do. It’s their strength. It’s interesting that every time we play a team that’s not SBC level garbage, “everything goes in”. Please spare me. In every aspect that we’ve been strong in, we were out played. Rebounds, free throws, hustle, creating turnovers. (byw, I’m not seeing anyone talk about the fact that we only turned the ball over 7 times, shot mid 40s percentage wise, and still got run). We’re a second half team with depth? Well they just destroyed us in the second half with 6 players.

I love this team. Think very highly of every member of our team. But we’ve reached a point to where we can’t call a spade a spade. IDGAF about 20-5, and neither does the NCAA seeding committee. 1-5 againast top 150. You can’t spin that.

We talk about a rival with Ga St? They own us. In a year where people seem to think we have a “special” team, we got embarrassed in their gym? Couldn’t compete in the second half.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information