Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Easy to be optimistic when you’re beating up on a bad conference. Every time we get challenged, we get hammered. Ga St is not that good people.
    No, they aren't. But had we won, it would have been our best win this season.

Easy to be optimistic when you’re beating up on a bad conference. Every time we get challenged, we get hammered. Ga St is not that good people.
    I haven't claimed they're that good. But even a lousy team can have an excellent game and if happens to fall on a night when their opponent is having a lousy game, you'll likely get the shyte show we saw tonight.

BTW, what exactly do you mean when you say everytime we get challenged we get hammered? I ask because I feel like we've been challenged a numbe of times this year, down at half or even halfway through the second half and have managed to suddenly push ahead and go on to win in double digits.

Com'on guys. Take a deep breath. It sucks we got beat. On the ROAD by a VERY good team. I like our chances in New Orleans when we will have the crowd advantage.

It's gonna be OK. Any of us would have taken 20-4 and 10-1 at this point. We still control our own destiny and do need to capture the #1 seed. Take care of Ga Southern Saturday, and we are still on track. ULM beat Ga southern tonight. Maybe they were caught looking forward to us. Who knows? $ H | T happens.

Have faith!

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Com'on guys. Take a deep breath. It sucks we got beat. On the ROAD by a VERY good team. I like our chances in New Orleans when we will have the crowd advantage.

It's gonna be OK. Any of us would have taken 20-4 and 10-1 at this point. We still control our own destiny and do need to capture the #1 seed. Take care of Ga Southern Saturday, and we are still on track. ULM beat Ga southern tonight. Maybe they were caught looking forward to us. Who knows? $ H | T happens.

Have faith!
    I wonder if a loss like that to ULM is a backbreaker or just pizzes them off and will make them play that much harder against the Cajuns?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I haven't claimed they're that good. But even a lousy team can have an excellent game and if happens to fall on a night when their opponent is having a lousy game, you'll likely get the shyte show we saw tonight.

BTW, what exactly do you mean when you say everytime we get challenged we get hammered? I ask because I feel like we've been challenged a numbe of times this year, down at half or even halfway through the second half and have managed to suddenly push ahead and go on to win in double digits.
    Against Top 150 RPI teams UL is 1-4. None of the four losses we close and that's what he means. Of course it's not the end of the world but another example of Marlin getting whipped by a decent team.
    I really don't want to hear fans complain about the lack of respect or attention this team gets period. The reason is simple, we are 1-4 against the Top 150. Now go earn respect and win the conference tournament.

My god. One bad loss, and people here are ready to throw in the towel. That’s embarrassing.

Anyone remember what happened during Shawn Long’s senior season? We went to Atlanta and took them to the woodshed. Demolished them. Anyone remember what happened the next two times we played gast? In fact, I don’t think we’ve beaten them since.

It’s a loss. A bad loss. But that’s all that it is. Stop whining and let’s play next.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    My god. One bad loss, and people here are ready to throw in the towel. That's embarrassing.
    You must be new here. That's kind of our thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    What did Hunter say when he grabbed the Mike?
    Yeah, he throws the match on the gas soaked rag then urinates in public acting like a good guy. Fumble him.and that scarecrow looking son of his.just because.

Not surprised at loss, just should shut up the RPI talk. It’s now win and in.for everyone.

9. Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

A handful of games let you know who your team is

Right now, we are a team that is very good at beating the hell out of bad teams. No debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    You must be new here. That's kind of our thing.
    I noticed. People need to get a grip.

11. Default

I noticed. People need to get a grip.
    I agree, ppl need to understand what they’re watching and that’s what I’m trying to help with.

A handful of games let you know who your team is

Right now, we are a team that is very good at beating the hell out of bad teams. No debatable.
    We’re a team that hasn’t really been tested but a handful of times. It’s a bad loss because it’s the first time this season we lost to someone we should’ve beaten. And it’s an ugly loss no doubt. But that’s all it is.

13. Default

We’re a team that hasn’t really been tested but a handful of times. It’s a bad loss because it’s the first time this season we lost to someone we should’ve beaten. And it’s an ugly loss no doubt. But that’s all it is.
    We’ve been tested 6 times. 5 if those games were winnable. We’re 1-5 with a loss average in the double digits. That’s not nothing.

How come we always talk about the large sample size until it tells us something we don’t want to believe?

We are 1 and 4 against top 150 RPI teams.

We're a team that hasn't really been tested but a handful of times. It's a bad loss because it's the first time this season we lost to someone we should've beaten. And it's an ugly loss no doubt. But that's all it is.
    I understand that it isn't the end of the world and the season isn't over yet. But how can you honestly say this team hasn't been tested that much? Again, we are 1-4 against Top 150 RPI teams. When we have been tested, we have won once and lost by double digits in the 4 losses. That is who this team is period. Luckily we have a shot a top seed, if not the top seed in the SBC Tournament. We still have a chance at the NCAA Dance, and that is why I haven't given up. But it is laughable at best to hear people deny this team hasn't played well against the Top 150 teams on the schedule. Tonight wasn't just tough, it was a total embarrassment for this program.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information