Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

1. UL Football Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

The Ragin' Cajuns don't plan to add a quarterback on National Signing Day

Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Lots of good nuggets here. 6 QBs is too many to have on an 85 man roster. Running QBs and longevity are a problem. Accuracy and efficiency are paramount. I take the last point to mean . "our scheme is going to get folks open, you need to make the right read and a good throw."

My way too early prediction is:

1. Nunez
    2. Davis
    3. Harrison
    4. Lewis
    5. Arceneaux

Dion Ray is at a new position.

Agree Davis and Nunez should have the edge. Obviously Spring practice will tell us a lot about the coaches' QB pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Lots of good nuggets here. 6 QBs is too many to have on an 85 man roster. Running QBs and longevity are a problem. Accuracy and efficiency are paramount. I take the last point to mean . "our scheme is going to get folks open, you need to make the right read and a good throw."

My way too early prediction is:

1. Nunez
    2. Davis
    3. Harrison
    4. Lewis
    5. Arceneaux

Dion Ray is at a new position.
    I bet Arceneaux will be taken off scholly and Ray will transfer

I’m getting pretty tired of athletes playing QB. I would love for us to find a darn QB that is athletic and not the other way around.

If your best asset as a QB is your athletic ability and “being able to stretch the defense with your legs”, IMO you aren’t a real QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of athletes playing QB. I would love for us to find a darn QB that is athletic and not the other way around.

If your best asset as a QB is your athletic ability and "being able to stretch the defense with your legs", IMO you aren't a real QB.
    Napier says exactly this in the article.

"Obviously I'm not a big design-quarterback-run guy," said Napier who'll call plays and coach UL's quarterbacks

"You know, it's one thing to be running a play where there's a potential pull for the quarterback to run the ball; it's another thing to really make the guy a pure rusher," he added. "There is a certain durability factor that comes into account there."

This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    "Obviously I’m not a big design-quarterback-run guy,” said Napier who’ll call plays and coach UL’s quarterbacks

"You know, it's one thing to be running a play where there's a potential pull for the quarterback to run the ball; it's another thing to really make the guy a pure rusher," he added. "There is a certain durability factor that comes into account there."

Tis makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Yup. Its time for Ray to either change positions or move on. He represents the exact opposite of what Napier wants.

Napier will decide who the quarterback is. He will make the right choice. Of that, I am certain.

Could Dion Ray switch to receiver, too crowded in the backfield

Ray should switch to slot receiver or take a shot at defensive back. The switch from running back to DB worked out pretty well for Ike Taylor

12. Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Just my thoughts.

1. Harrison
    2. Davis
    3. Nunez

There will be no other QBs on the squad. Ray either moves positions or transfers (but honestly, I don’t see him as a slot receiver or tail back, and he doesn’t have the hips or instincts to play DB). Arceneaux may stay on the team, but he will not retain scholarship.

13. Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Ray should switch to slot receiver or take a shot at defensive back. The switch from running back to DB worked out pretty well for Ike Taylor
    In both cases a new coach looking at the situation with fresh eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just my thoughts.

1. Harrison
    2. Davis
    3. Nunez

There will be no other QBs on the squad. Ray either moves positions or transfers (but honestly, I don’t see him as a slot receiver or tail back, and he doesn’t have the hips or instincts to play DB). Arceneaux may stay on the team, but he will not retain scholarship.
    What happens with Lewis?

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    What happens with Lewis?
    Forgot about Lewis, but he could redshirt. I don’t think he’s the guy to run this offense. Not yet at least.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information