Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

1. Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Lewis RS in 2018
    This post demonstrates that you have absolutely NO clue.

Lewis convinced the coaching staff last year to remove his red shirt
    because he is a "student" athlete who knows the primary reason he is here - to get an education. He has unequivically made it clear that he will graduate in 4 years - red shirt not in play.

With this said, it appears that none of the rest of your QB analysis is really in play.

How about we let this new coaching staff do the evaluations and we may get a glimpse of their thoughts at the spring game!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    At some point, a player's development has to include their actual growth from hard work, preparation and training. Based on reports we've heard for years, I don't think his lack of progression is all on the coaches. I'm sure Hud's staff would have loved having him step up and be the next Broadway. While I think the kid has some tools and I really anticipate him having a solid senior year and being our starter, I just think there have been things that he's done on his own that have kept him from being the player he could be.
    Interesting. Bet he doesn't play if he doesn't get to work now.

Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Lewis hit campus already having achieved 12 hours of college credit. That was part of the reason he said he'd graduate in four years.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This post demonstrates that you have absolutely NO clue.

Lewis convinced the coaching staff last year to remove his red shirt
    because he is a "student" athlete who knows the primary reason he is here - to get an education. He has unequivically made it clear that he will graduate in 4 years - red shirt not in play.

With this said, it appears that none of the rest of your QB analysis is really in play.

How about we let this new coaching staff do the evaluations and we may get a glimpse of their thoughts at the spring game!!!!!
    Lmao. The funny thing is, you prefaced your OPINION with “you have no clue”.

Here’s a load of truth for you bud, no knows. As far as I can tell, Levi doesn’t fit what Napier has a track record of running.

LL being a good student means absolutely nothing. The best QB is going to play. And right now, Lewis would be 4th on that list.

It would behoove LL to sit a year. A great disservice was done to him last year, regardless of what he wanted at the time. He’s a kid, he’s a player. He wants to play.

But he wasn’t, and still isn’t ready.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Lewis hit campus already having achieved 12 hours of college credit. That was part of the reason he said he'd graduate in four years.
    I wasn’t sure if he got here or early or not but thought i remembered him already being way ahead of schedule. I don’t see this as being a big deal at all. If he is good enough to start and the coaches want him, that’s what will happen. If he sits the entire year as 3rd strong then he “redshirted” If he uses a year of eligibility up by getting in the game sparingly and that’s what the coaches want, no big deal either because he won’t be here for 5 years. He plans to be gone in 2-3 years and he has 4 years to play 3.what’s the problem?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I wasn’t sure if he got here or early or not but thought i remembered him already being way ahead of schedule. I don’t see this as being a big deal at all. If he is good enough to start and the coaches want him, that’s what will happen. If he sits the entire year as 3rd strong then he “redshirted” If he uses a year of eligibility up by getting in the game sparingly and that’s what the coaches want, no big deal either because he won’t be here for 5 years. He plans to be gone in 2-3 years and he has 4 years to play 3.what’s the problem?
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Which is why we don't feel he'll redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Which is why we don't feel he'll redshirt.
    But it just doesn’t matter was my point. If he is 3rd string and never plays because he isn’t good enough, then he essentially redshirted. I don’t see this staff playing musical QB’s. He we either win the job or be needed by necessity due to injury or won’t play at all. If he never plays a snap you use his redshirt year just in case. If you need him you play him.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Stop it! You guys are making our fan RPI go down!

Seriously, this analysis of our QBs is kind of weak. I know we're in the football off season and you're getting bored and curious. but I don't think anyone on here knows who Napier's 1, 2, 3 or 4 is going to be. No QB has blown everyone else out of contention from past performance. Every one of them is shedding the Hud cloud (and I believe a lot of what transpires with QB development is connected to the relationship with the coaching staff).

Napier doesn't even come close to approaching QBs the way Hud did. It's almost a diametrically opposed approach from this thread article. Who knows from among the top 4 who will end up flourishing under a new commander and chief? Answer: None of us

10. Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Seriously, this analysis of our QBs is kind of weak. I know we're in the football off season and you're getting bored and curious. but I don't think anyone on here knows who Napier's 1, 2, 3 or 4 is going to be. No QB has blown everyone else out of contention from past performance. Every one of them is shedding the Hud cloud (and I believe a lot of what transpires with QB development is connected to the relationship with the coaching staff).

Napier doesn't even come close to approaching QBs the way Hud did. It's almost a diametrically opposed approach from this thread article. Who knows from among the top 4 who will end up flourishing under a new commander and chief? Answer: None of us
    THANKS J1M

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

AT this point, we way past name calling etc. I don't mean this to pick a fight with either of ya ll fellas at all. But , tomorrow is a new beginning and lets get along. In fighting does nothing for all our common cause. To get the F out of the sunbelt and progress!! In Napier we trust. Our BB team is kicking A%% and taking names, Robe's ballers about to tee it up, softball about to kick off, SOOO MUCH to look forward too.

12. Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

I have no animus whatsoever.
    I gave my opinion, and LL’s Dad got in his feelings.

I’ll say again, no one KNOWS what Nape will do.

13. Default

wrong number
    Now she’s bashful. don’t be shy

14. Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Now she’s bashful. don’t be shy
    Go play with Metry, he threw you a bone.

15. Default

Go play with Metry, he threw you a bone.
    Now she’s ashamed awww

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information