Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Napier says exactly this in the article.
    .and I have been saying this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    .and I have been saying this for years.
    You sure have

Feels like this is Davis’s job to lose. Nothing he has showed up to this point indicates he can be a consistent player, but he definitely has the tools to be good. I would also expect one of the two young guys to be the backup. Why Dion Ray is not begging to play RB is mind boggling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Feels like this is Davis’s job to lose. Nothing he has showed up to this point indicates he can be a consistent player, but he definitely has the tools to be good. I would also expect one of the two young guys to be the backup. Why Dion Ray is not begging to play RB is mind boggling to me.
    LOL

Nothing he has shown up to this point has shown he was put in a position to be consistent.

Give him a reasonable scheme and a smart coach, and he'll sail through the Sun Belt. So will Lewis, and perhaps the others.

Our problem was not at quarterback. It was at play-calling, scheming, and developing a game plan.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    LOL

Nothing he has shown up to this point has shown he was put in a position to be consistent.

Give him a reasonable scheme and a smart coach, and he'll sail through the Sun Belt. So will Lewis, and perhaps the others.

Our problem was not at quarterback. It was at play-calling, scheming, and developing a game plan.
    There isn’t any one thing that doesn’t need a fresh approach. Who knows which QB might excel under a completely different staff? There’s nothing wrong with those that are taking Napier’s comments and projecting which QB will rise to the top. But in reality, until the pads start cracking with Napier’s keen eye observing, there’s 4 legitimate contenders for the starting job. They should all believe it could be them.

LOL

That's true. I'm sure we're all in for quite a few surprises.

I think our issue was developing the QB position. We probably made a few strides in that department last yearbut obv it was to little to late. Injuries played a role in that, but it felt like it became a coin flip week to week. I fully expect this staff to be better at developing talent. If you have 6 QB's on a roster that means you don't have a number 1 or a clear plan moving forward

LOL

Hope you are right. I thought he had trouble with accuracy and panicked when pressure came at him. With two new OT’s I would expect a fair amount of protection breakdowns in the beginning of the season.

Hope you are right. I thought he had trouble with accuracy and panicked when pressure came at him. With two new OT’s I would expect a fair amount of protection breakdowns in the beginning of the season.
    I am only guessing, and I'm sure lack of protection was part of it, but constantly looking over your shoulder at an erratic, clueless, trigger-happy coach can't exactly do wonders for your confidence.

Dion has an ego issue He has been told he is a legit QB back to his High School days He believes He wont play any other position as he has told everyone within an ear shot. Problem is is the space between his ears and not his arms or legs. He is truly a gifted athlete who can play many positions. Qb just isn't the one

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Dion has an ego issue He has been told he is a legit QB back to his High School days He believes He wont play any other position as he has told everyone within an ear shot. Problem is is the space between his ears and not his arms or legs. He is truly a gifted athlete who can play many positions. Qb just isn't the one
    That was the only reason he didn't go to ole miss if I'm not mistaken. But know you've got to pitch the idea that him at QB is not good for our brand and his as well

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    Harrison will have to improve dramatically to play QB. Will be a receiver after this year more than likely. I doubt Nunez is the guy either. Arceneaux will not be taken off of scholarship, no way! Dion will move positions or transfer.
    JD
    Lewis
    Nunez
    Go on HUDL and find each of our QBs HS highlights. Harrison clearly had the most up side as a complete qb than any other. His position will remain at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just my thoughts.

1. Harrison
    2. Davis
    3. Nunez

There will be no other QBs on the squad. Ray either moves positions or transfers (but honestly, I don’t see him as a slot receiver or tail back, and he doesn’t have the hips or instincts to play DB). Arceneaux may stay on the team, but he will not retain scholarship.
    And where do you see Lewis? I don't think there is any way that we don't have 4 QB's on the roster. One significant injury and that depth chart is all of a sudden real thin. I agree that Arceneaux likely gets taken off of scholarship and no idea what happens with Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Under center please, especially in short yardedge.
    At least every once in a while. you can run playaction and bootlegs as well as short yardage plays much easier from under center IMO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information