Thread: 4 Named to Preseason All-Sun Belt Softball Team

1. UL Softball 4 Named to Preseason All-Sun Belt Softball Team

No. 22 Louisiana was represented by senior Kelli Martinez, juniors Lexie Comeaux and Kara Gremillion and sophomore transfer Alissa Dalton.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Softball: Four Named to Preseason All-Sun Belt Softball Team

1 week to opening day.

BTW, picked to finish 2nd in conference behind TXST. Should be a great series when they come here April 14th and 15th.

Dalton get a pre-season all conference nod and she's never seen a pitch or recorded and out in the Belt. That's high praise.

Also, isn't Randi Rupp in her 30s now? She's been pitching for them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Dalton get a pre-season all conference nod and she's never seen a pitch or recorded and out in the Belt. That's high praise.

Also, isn't Randi Rupp in her 30s now? She's been pitching for them forever.
    Or shows just how weak the conference is to name a girl who has only played 25 games in college (for another school and at a different position than what she is expected to play for the Cajuns) pre-season All Conference. I thought pre-season picks were chosen for what they accomplished the season before, not on potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Or shows just how weak the conference is to name a girl who has only played 25 games in college (for another school and at a different position than what she is expected to play for the Cajuns) pre-season All Conference. I thought pre-season picks were chosen for what they accomplished the season before, not on potential.
    I'm pretty sure that end of season all-conference teams are for their performance the season before.

You must be new to Cajuns softball. If not then you would know that Dalton won a gold medal with USA softball this summer. But go ahead and keep trashing our girls.

Probably because she started for the national champion as a true freshman before some unspecified issues and she was a top 100 national recruit. Like all preseason lists, they are projecting who they think will be the best in the year to come, not the year past.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Probably because she started for the national champion as a true freshman before some unspecified issues and she was a top 100 national recruit. Like all preseason lists, they are projecting who they think will be the best in the year to come, not the year past.
    Sorry, not buying that. You have to have a resume of work to be a pre-season all conference pick. Dalton is in essence a freshman this year because the body of her work last year was very limited. When she did start, she was serviceable but really wasn't lighting it up. You are saying that her selection to 2018 Sunbelt pre-season all conference team is justifiable because she started some games at Oklahoma before Gasso asked her to leave. Also, I don't know what her being a top 100 recruit has to do with anything. I would say that the vast majority of top 100 recruits aren't pre-season all conference picks their freshman season. This would be because they don't have a body of work to justify their selection!

Also, to respond to TonaldDrump, what does winning a gold medal on the JWNT have to do with anything? Is that the criteria that you use to determine who should be a pre-season conference pick? Alabama had 2 girls win gold medals on the JWNT this past summer but I didn't see them being selected to the SEC pre-season all conference team.

Sorry, not buying that. You have to have a resume of work to be a pre-season all conference pick. Dalton is in essence a freshman this year because the body of her work last year was very limited. When she did start, she was serviceable but really wasn't lighting it up. You are saying that her selection to 2018 Sunbelt pre-season all conference team is justifiable because she started some games at Oklahoma before Gasso asked her to leave. Also, I don't know what her being a top 100 recruit has to do with anything. I would say that the vast majority of top 100 recruits aren't pre-season all conference picks their freshman season. This would be because they don't have a body of work to justify their selection!

Also, to respond to TonaldDrump, what does winning a gold medal on the JWNT have to do with anything? Is that the criteria that you use to determine who should be a pre-season conference pick? Alabama had 2 girls win gold medals on the JWNT this past summer but I didn't see them being selected to the SEC pre-season all conference team.
    Again, this was voted on by league COACHES. You'll have to set them know that you disagree with their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Again, this was voted on by league COACHES. You'll have to set them know that you disagree with their opinion.
    I did already. See my original post about how weak the conference is.

From the OU Softball page:
    Season AVG GP GS AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SLG BB HBP SO OBP SB SBA FLD%
    2017 .326 31 29 89 26 29 8 0 1 18 .449 10 0 9 .390 8 8 .986
    TOTAL .326 31 29 89 26 29 8 0 1 18 .449 10 0 9 .390 8 8 .986

2017 (Freshman)
    Played in 31 games with 29 starts in (21 in LF, 7 at C, 1 at SS) . did not play in the final 21 games of the season . returned from a 16-game absence and made catching debut vs. Iowa St. (3/31) .

RealityCheck - Dalton started 60% of the Sooner games and batted .326 - when she came back from injury, it appears there wasn't a place for her in the outfield and Gasso started her at catcher and shortstop for her last ,7 games - how do you know Gasso asked her to leave? If you are just guessing, then your credibility is suspect. Your opinion that she was "not lighting it up" for Oklahoma does not fit the facts. .326 BA for National Champs against a top schedule for 31 games is elite.

I did already. See my original post about how weak the conference is.
    That’s not letting the coaches know, dumbass. That’s you _____ing on a message board.

13. Default Re: Softball: Four Named to Preseason All-Sun Belt Softball Team

It's always, always, always, about expectations and there exist a plethora of ways to arrive at those expectations.

You mean to tell me you've never seen a freshman on a preseason all-conference team?

15. Default

Get lost plssant.

Thread Information