Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

1. Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    He’s had 32 AB’s in 17 games. That’s less than 2 a game. And then only 17 games. So he was getting 3 or 4 at bats a week, max. I’d expect more than .125 but you can’t expect much better than .250 with that type of inconsistent playing time. IMO.

Fun fact - the major league ph batting average last year was .216 w/STL hitting exactly .300 as the highest of all teams.
    We just had a starter go 3 for 34 after batting regularly from beginning of season (100 at bats). Did we put him out to pasture? Why did he stay in the starting rotation? Who knows?

Each of those guys riding the bench, all with sub 200 BA (except for Coker), have been nothing but glorified PH'rs this year with not one given consistent plate appearances in a row to get out of a slump or get into a rhythm. It is correct that not one has taken the bull by the horns and solidified themselves in that position. Possibly it is because not one of them were given more than one horn and then told to wrestle that big boy.

I posted a few weeks ago that I thought that this coaching staff had made a decision that is was no longer going to give up defense to DH with the group that was available to DH (stover at 1st and fontent DH), and I was ok with that.

Then low and behold, last weekend they take the senior walk-on from the bench to DH. Mind boggling. While I have nothing against that guy, he is the only one on the bench available to DH that can't help us after this year (and was just as bad or worse in his production this year). If any of those others happen to catch fire in a bottle, they would earn the position and be around next year to help. I would have taken my chances on any of the others, any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Funny you bring up Fresno St. I was thinking a lot about that team earlier this year in hopes that our hitting would turn it around somewhat. After reading your post, I did some research and found Fresno's stats for that year. Team BA - .300; OBP - .393; SLG - .452; HR - 84
    They had 5 guys in the lineup that hit .300 or better, but the big number is the 84 HR's. 4 guys had double digit HR's with 3 guys at 6 or better. While we have guys that visually look as though they can hit it a mile, their mechanics and approach tell a much different story.
    We got a full boat of tulips, boys. We ain't Fresno State.

3. Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We got a full boat of tulips, boys. We ain't Fresno State.
    I'm going to tip toe through that one.

Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Tiny tim, a blast from the past ey, smiles.

Eye be curious and excited to see if we can get a weekend sweep in our last 2 weeks before tourney thinking that in some way a big step

Morning all anything special would like me inquire about? thanx

Bab on ragio 11-12p today espn1420.com with "greg's grasp" segment (greg larnerd)
    call in # 269-1077

5. Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Yeah, it's safe to say that their team was light years ahead of ours with their bats.

What's funny is that their team barely made it to the conference tournament, won that. Then, they got into the Long Beach regional as a #4 seed, won that, took the last two out of three against Arizona State in the Tempe Super Regional, before going on that run in Omaha.

Their regular season record29-27
    Add in the fact that they lost their ace during the season, Tanner Scheppers, whom is still pitching in the majors.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    Tiny tim, a blast from the past ey, smiles.

Eye be curious and excited to see if we can get a weekend sweep in our last 2 weeks before tourney thinking that in some way a big step

Morning all anything special would like me inquire about? thanx

Bab on ragio 11-12p today espn1420.com with "greg's grasp" segment (greg larnerd)
    call in # 269-1077
    Is Jace Conrad a paid assistant coach or is he like Greg Davis was a graduate assistant? If he is a paid assistant what is his official duty?

Jace and Kaleb Adams are grad assistants if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Is Jace Conrad a paid assistant coach or is he like Greg Davis was a graduate assistant? If he is a paid assistant what is his official duty?
    I think he and Caleb Adams are both grad assistants this year.

Are we finished signing kids for next season? What do you think our biggest need is with the projected roster coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Are we finished signing kids for next season? What do you think our biggest need is with the projected roster coming back?
    Hitting, hitting, hitting, hittingoh yeah, did I mention hitting?

11. Default

Can coach Talbot go on a recruiting trip this weekend?

Thought we got rid of Bitterman? Can he go away now? Did anyone else hear Bab's blood pressure spike a little when he responded to Bitter, "Like I told you last week"?

today's program
    https://soundcloud.com/user-27692190.oach-babineaux

respect,
    bil ly

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Wild Guessability to hit a moving baseball.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information