Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Quote Originally Posted by KapCajun View Post
    What are the practice times?
    I'm not sure exactly when they start, but I usually get there around 3ish. I think they start at either 2:30 or 3. And they go until 5. I'm in sales and on the road a lot, so I just stop over there for an hour or so before heading back to my office to finish up my work day. Kinda been doing that instead of a lunch break lately, lol.

Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Thanks! May bump into you there.

Quote Originally Posted by KapCajun View Post
    Thanks! May bump into you there.
    Haha do it.

I think what you have right now is a lot of competition for positions with little being decided right now.

I think the only thing certain as of today is Kasuls and Cantrelle up the middle and Monica behind the plate.

Stover, Spears, Lochridge and Moll are all in the mix at 1B. I think Fontenot is the leader at 3rd but the coaches love the freshman Windham.

If Fontenot is at third, it opens up a lot of things in the OF, including Bourgeois who is being touted as the Cajuns' leadoff hitter.

DH is Lott, plus many of the above mentioned.

And, it's just my opinion, but I'd be surprised if Brennan is cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I think what you have right now is a lot of competition for positions with little being decided right now.

I think the only thing certain as of today is Kasuls and Cantrelle up the middle and Monica behind the plate.

Stover, Spears, Lochridge and Moll are all in the mix at 1B. I think Fontenot is the leader at 3rd but the coaches love the freshman Windham.

If Fontenot is at third, it opens up a lot of things in the OF, including Bourgeois who is being touted as the Cajuns' leadoff hitter.

I think Bourgeois is starting somewhere in the outfield no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I think Bourgeois is starting somewhere in the outfield no matter what.
    I'm hearing the same thing.

7. Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Did Ramos make the team.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

Why do you think B.B. will not be cleared?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Did Ramos make the team.
    He sure did.

10. Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Not sure how anyone knows. There are still 44 on the posted roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Not sure how anyone knows. There are still 44 on the posted roster.
    I see him at practice this week. I doubt they would have guys still practicing 2 weeks out from opening day who aren't on the roster. Although, to be honest I have no idea the rules.

If Spears is competing at first base, I think we will have some pleasant surprises in the OF.

I have been pulling for JAM for 3 years now. I hope he has improved enough to get some decent playing time. When he is on base, it is an added excitement to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    If Spears is competing at first base, I think we will have some pleasant surprises in the OF.

I have been pulling for JAM for 3 years now. I hope he has improved enough to get some decent playing time. When he is on base, it is an added excitement to the game.
    I honestly thought his leg wouldn't be ready for the baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I see him at practice this week. I doubt they would have guys still practicing 2 weeks out from opening day who aren't on the roster. Although, to be honest I have no idea the rules.
    Rules have a maximum roster size for the season of 35 players, which includes all of the players you plan to redshirt. For scholarship purposes, which is 11.7 scholarships for D1 baseball, 27 of those 35 roster spots must be on scholarship, and each player on scholarship MUST receive a minimum of 25% of a scholarship.

The issue becomes with the limited roster spots and mandated scholarship distributions, you can have a situation where injured players don't make the roster. I seem to remember Robe saying in the past years you could have players who red-shirted, didn't count against your roster, and you were able to get them "book" money (about 10-15% of a scholarship) and they could practice and improve for the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Rules have a maximum roster size for the season of 35 players, which includes all of the players you plan to redshirt. For scholarship purposes, which is 11.7 scholarships for D1 baseball, 27 of those 35 roster spots must be on scholarship, and each player on scholarship MUST receive a minimum of 25% of a scholarship.

The issue becomes with the limited roster spots and mandated scholarship distributions, you can have a situation where injured players don't make the roster. I seem to remember Robe saying in the past years you could have players who red-shirted, didn't count against your roster, and you were able to get them "book" money (about 10-15% of a scholarship) and they could practice and improve for the next year.
    Jam is now on football scholly and can "walk on" to baseball because football supersedes every sport thank you Miami

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information