Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I talked to AB a couple of weeks ago at our girls BB game. Let me go ahead and answer the new comer ? for you. Hayden Cantrell. He was very high on him.
    Yea but I’m not talking about Hayden. I think we all pretty much have a set expectation for that guy

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    Who is Toups?
    Zach LaFluer

I call him Zach Toups all the time. Family tie.
    Mel can back me up on that one

My bad.

Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Most improved?

thanx for the big time help
    shortcut to listen to show?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-27692190.edium=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Yes, I am available for thoughtful and intriguing questions against this year. Example: Coach Babb, boxers or briefs?
    Thongs?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Thongs?
    Excellent question!

was told not to share answer hee hee

I've been to quite a few practices the last few weeks. Here's a few observations I have thus far:

- Tremaine Spears looks like a beast, he's bulked up a little bit and he's been hammering balls all over the yard. I really like his approach at the plate and I think he will have a breakout campaign. Either at LF or 1B.

- Kennon Fontenot has been looking like the starting 3B the last 2 weeks. He's really made some smooth plays and looks very comfortable in the hot corner. He also has the appearance of being the leader on the offense. A do-everything approach, I think he has a big Senior season to continue his nice Junior year campaign.

- The hype around SS Hayden Cantrelle is obviously legit. He looks very confident and smooth at SS and I don't think I've seen him make any mistakes yet. I know it's practice but he's very solid. At the plate, I can't say I've seen him stand out, but I'm sure he'll be a key component in the lineup as the season goes on and he adjust to D1 pitching.

- Brennan Breaux has taken a lot of reps in CF and made some nice diving grabs and seems to have great speed. I think we see him get some good playing time out there.

- The overall feel and mojo of this team looks very solid. They compete hard in practice. The urgency and aggression at the plate and on the basepaths looks noticeably different. I have a feeling these guys are going to be putting a lot of pressure on opposing teams with old-school tactics. And I love it.

I'm going to go on record and say that I think this team will actually be better than last year's club by season's end. It's a tough stretch to start the season and it will tell us a lot about how they handle early success or even early failure. Something just feels different. In a good way. I don't see players lollygagging around like they already won something. (AKA last year's squad). These guys look determined with something to prove. I haven't been able to see any of the pitching staff, but I'm confident in the staff as I am every year. They will be fine. This offense and defense will tell the story of our season.

Last but not least, I'm pretty excited for the season to start. I think we will surprise some folks in Austin and at the Shriners classic. I'm predicting 38+ wins and a Regional berth. From there, it's anybody's ballgame.

Let's geaux boys!

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I've been to quite a few practices the last few weeks. Here's a few observations I have thus far:

- Tremaine Spears looks like a beast, he's bulked up a little bit and he's been hammering balls all over the yard. I really like his approach at the plate and I think he will have a breakout campaign. Either at LF or 1B.

- Kennon Fontenot has been looking like the starting 3B the last 2 weeks. He's really made some smooth plays and looks very comfortable in the hot corner. He also has the appearance of being the leader on the offense. A do-everything approach, I think he has a big Senior season to continue his nice Junior year campaign.

- The hype around SS Hayden Cantrelle is obviously legit. He looks very confident and smooth at SS and I don't think I've seen him make any mistakes yet. I know it's practice but he's very solid. At the plate, I can't say I've seen him stand out, but I'm sure he'll be a key component in the lineup as the season goes on and he adjust to D1 pitching.

- Brennan Breaux has taken a lot of reps in CF and made some nice diving grabs and seems to have great speed. I think we see him get some good playing time out there.

- The overall feel and mojo of this team looks very solid. They compete hard in practice. The urgency and aggression at the plate and on the basepaths looks noticeably different. I have a feeling these guys are going to be putting a lot of pressure on opposing teams with old-school tactics. And I love it.

I'm going to go on record and say that I think this team will actually be better than last year's club by season's end. It's a tough stretch to start the season and it will tell us a lot about how they handle early success or even early failure. Something just feels different. In a good way. I don't see players lollygagging around like they already won something. (AKA last year's squad). These guys look determined with something to prove. I haven't been able to see any of the pitching staff, but I'm confident in the staff as I am every year. They will be fine. This offense and defense will tell the story of our season.

Last but not least, I'm pretty excited for the season to start. I think we will surprise some folks in Austin and at the Shriners classic. I'm predicting 38+ wins and a Regional berth. From there, it's anybody's ballgame.

Let's geaux boys!
    I agree with you except for Brennan who hasn't yet been cleared to play this year as a transfer.

Let's geaux boys!
    Thanks for reporting, RP Style!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I agree with you except for Brennan who hasn't yet been cleared to play this year as a transfer.
    Yea, however I spoke to his dad at one of the practices he said he's pretty confident that Brennan will get cleared. Take that for what it's worth. Just saying, if he is cleared. he looks good in the field so far.

12. Default

Yea, however I spoke to his dad at one of the practices he said he's pretty confident that Brennan will get cleared. Take that for what it's worth. Just saying, if he is cleared. he looks good in the field so far.
    Thanks for the thoughts RC10.

I actually met BBs Godfather on the golf course last summer, and he alluded to Brennan’s growth as a ball player being stunted by LSU. Basically said once PM has his favorites (and their are many rea$on$ for that) it’s hard to crack the lineup.

We talked about BBs skill set and make up. I thought then that a kid like that would be an asset to us, and I was thrilled when he announced his transfer. I don’t think he’ll have an issue being cleared to play.

At least I hope not. He reminds me of the Cajun ballplayers that made our most successful teams so fun to watch. Scrappy, gritty, and determined.

Let's geaux boys!
    Thanks for the update!

No problem guys! I love checking out practice and inter-squads as the season is approaching. my impatience gets the best of me and I'm just ready to watch some baseball. And while I'm confident in this bunch. don't get me wrong. I do think there will be some growing pains. But, they will be fun to watch and they look to be playing harder and have more of a grinder attitude than the past couple years. And that excites me.

MAT, I agree about BB. he's got great character and will be an asset, both on the field and in the clubhouse.

Let's geaux boys!
    What are the practice times?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information