Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

Default Re: Cajun Corner "Baseball 2018"

good questionsthanx so much

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Who do we have coming in next year that can give a boost to the offense in terms of power so that the pitchers don't have to be perfect each and every game?
    What is the offensive philosophy of this team in particular and the program as a whole?
    Paraphrasing: "Always looking for power. The Steven Sensley's are few and far between."

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Paraphrasing: "Always looking for power. The Steven Sensley's are few and far between."
    Thanks. I wasn't able to listen.

I knew when I posed the question, we would get typical PC answer. I don't know if they can't answer due to NCAA regs about recruiting, but it is very frustrating as a fan/paying customer to see that abysmal offense that we've run out onto the field for the last 2 years and not get straight answers. Oh well.

Thanks. I wasn't able to listen.

I knew when I posed the question, we would get typical PC answer. I don't know if they can't answer due to NCAA regs about recruiting, but it is very frustrating as a fan/paying customer to see that abysmal offense that we've run out onto the field for the last 2 years and not get straight answers. Oh well.
    I recall a lot of hype around Lott. Maybe there is now a reluctance to pronounce the arrival of any offense.

"We thought he'd hit above his chronological age," said Ragin' Cajun coach Tony Robichaux, "and that's what he's starting to do."

Over the Cajuns' last seven games, the 6-foot-4, 235-pound designated hitter has hit .444 with three multiple-hit games, a pair of doubles and a home run. Heading into Tuesday's game at Tulane, Lott leads the Cajuns (6-4) with a .394 average.

Whatever happened to that guy?

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou.b3c39b436.html

I recall a lot of hype around Lott. Maybe there is now a reluctance to pronounce the arrival of any offense.

"We thought he'd hit above his chronological age," said Ragin' Cajun coach Tony Robichaux, "and that's what he's starting to do."

Over the Cajuns' last seven games, the 6-foot-4, 235-pound designated hitter has hit .444 with three multiple-hit games, a pair of doubles and a home run. Heading into Tuesday's game at Tulane, Lott leads the Cajuns (6-4) with a .394 average.

He went way past his chronological age now. Hitting like a 75 year old

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    He went way past his chronological age now. Hitting like a 75 year old
    Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

I have a pretty good guess as to what happened to that guy.

He has absolutely zero confidence. You can see it in his body language when he walks up to the plate and during the at bat. I feel very sorry for the kid.

Meanwhile, what happened to Lochridge? I know he wasn't tearing it up, but he can't be any worse than what we have trotted out at the DH. I mean, the guy signed with and started for LSU. He can't be all that bad. I know he has back problems, and maybe that's why we aren't seeing him very much. I know Tony can be very stubborn and pig headed at times. Maybe Lochridge is in his dog house. Who knows, but I would certainly give him some at bats.

I dunno. Seems like this is like the hitters graveyard now.

I have a pretty good guess as to what happened to that guy.

He has absolutely zero confidence. You can see it in his body language when he walks up to the plate and during the at bat. I feel very sorry for the kid.

Meanwhile, what happened to Lochridge? I know he wasn't tearing it up, but he can't be any worse than what we have trotted out at the DH. I mean, the guy signed with and started for LSU. He can't be all that bad. I know he has back problems, and maybe that's why we aren't seeing him very much. I know Tony can be very stubborn and pig headed at times. Maybe Lochridge is in his dog house. Who knows, but I would certainly give him some at bats.
    I like the possibility of Lochridge, but he was hitting 0.125 in 32 AB's.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I like the possibility of Lochridge, but he was hitting 0.125 in 32 AB's.
    Oh, I agree, but it isn't any worse than any of the others that have been inserted in that role. What I don't understand is why is Tony not at least giving him a chance like he is the others. Unless his back is really bothering him, I can't figure it out.

Lochridge didn't hit at LSU either.

Hopefully we'll see Fontenot back at dh this weekend. Stover doesn't hit much but he's a plus plus defender at 1B.

Schools at the mid major level like McNeese and southeastern seem to be able to find guys that can hit AND defend as position players. Why do we have players that can only do one thing?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Schools at the mid major level like McNeese and southeastern seem to be able to find guys that can hit AND defend as position players. Why do we have players that can only do one thing?
    Couple of issues with your statement:question. We do have good hitters. Lahore/Cantrell/bougerois and even Kasuls and fontennot are good hitters. Our lack of production is the other guys. Second peice is we would be hitting for a higher average if we played the schedule that southeastern or McNeese played. We have the #6 ranked sos out of conference and playing in the #6-8 ranked conference. Granted we would be hitting .300 with this lineup. But it would be closer to .265.

Hi!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information