Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

Warhawks next. Fry em.

UTA hammering Ga Southern right now in Statesboro 21-8 about half way through the first half.

3. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

4865 announced

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    4865 announced
    Guess we'll have to make it to the Sweet 16 before we can get 6500 in the dome.

ULM beat South Al 83-74

Cajuns are clutch!

This is a special unselfish team no one cares who is the high scorer as long as they win as a team. Who's going to Monroe Saturday we are.

Mavs 31 Screamin' Grosbeks 29 at the half.

Default Re: MBB Game ON: Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Nice defensive effort on Person today . particularly Bartley.

Brian
    two in a row; good job.

What are the chances that ESPN pick up one of our games? I’m mean, 19-3 ain’t bad. Maybe one of the Georgia games and just move the time so it can be on ESPN 2 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    When Lierfield gets in, we won't have to deal with this broadcast amature hour, and that includes Dan M on the streaming pbp.it's beyond misery having to listen to him
    I was at the dome in the hallway and heard Dan, the FIRST thing that popped in my mind was Lierfield and Dan wouldn’t have to say/write Lafayette anymore.lol. Not saying I’m a fan, but the announcer will probably be local. Could even end up with Dave. Be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    What are the chances that ESPN pick up one of our games? I’m mean, 19-3 ain’t bad. Maybe one of the Georgia games and just move the time so it can be on ESPN 2 or something?
    Not happening, but our next 3 games are all on ESPN3 online.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Guess we'll have to make it to the Sweet 16 before we can get 6500 in the dome.
    We may have to get to the Sweet 16 two consecutive years and start strong the following season to get over 6000 when conference play starts. I know MAT disagrees with me but people don't care about basketball in the south. Others say that we need to do something special for people to notice. That won't happen in the regular season. We need to get to NCAA tourney and have success for people to notice. I have noticed that we are not the only school to have this issue. College basketball attendance is down at most places. Of course that is not true for the TV conferences major powers. However it is down at about 200 places. We are better off than most. The focus on the NCAA tournament is one reason why. All that being said, there are some folks planning to go to Monroe. Hopefully some of you can make it as well.

Default Re: MBB Game ON: Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Nice little push right here. Glad we are figuring it out, and I love winning but we have to be better. Period.
    Coach Marlin agrees we have to be better to have success in post season. The turnovers are a concern as well as not finishing near the rim. Defensively we gave up too many baskets on straight line drives to the goal today. However, there were also lots of positives today. The contribution off the bench by Stove today was instrumental. I don't know if anyone in the league has a complete player as their sixth man as we do. He even made three straight layups. Despite the turnovers in the first half we had only four in the second and forced 20 by the Trojans. When the threes were not falling, we drove the ball to the lane and got the opposition in foul trouble where we cashed in. Looking at Thursday vs Saturday we note that two different guys had the hot hand and we fed that guy. As far as the no. of threes we take goes, the following point is one that needs to be paid attention to. We take lots of threes by design. Our staff has bought into the NBA analytical data indicating the mid range shot is of poor value. Therefore don't expect that to change. Even though we were only average there today overall, virtually all of the three balls were clean looks. What made it look worse is that we did not get as many offensive rebounds as usual. Personally I would like to see more mid range shots as I don't think we would get as many charges and we could get some free as close as five feet away.

15. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

So I saw us having problems in turnovers, and early threes. Troy was doing a great job anticipating our passes into the paint. Yes all that and we still beat Troy at what works for them, threes. We beat them on creating turnovers, beat them making more free throws than they took.

Our defense did a good job, keeping them to34 & 35 points in each half.

I’m still very confident, we’re sweeping this conference. Our next loss is at the NCAA. This is a four loss team. Probably 33 wins.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information