Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Mike, I have no frame of reference as I'm not going check every team's attendance this year but I've watched quite a bit college basketball this year, even the SEC, and they are doing quite well in that category. Even Alabama is packing fans in and creating a great atmosphere. They may not be at an ACC or Big 10 attendance level but I would not say that basketball is dead in the south.
    This is one of the SEC's strongest years in awhile in basketball. Alabama is having a winning year in the SEC and Auburn is having a terrific year. Their product is better than in the past so it makes sense the attendance would be up. Mid majors in the south are struggling. I wonder what our attendance rank would be in CUSA. My guess is it would be well into the upper half of that league and I suspect we would do better than many AAC teams as well. When we talk about attendance, we should not gauge ourselves against the SBC, we should do so against CUSA.

ULM is also averaging 20+ more points at home than on road. I hope we're "senior" enough to not be looking ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Yeah that would be a good idea
    If Miller is cleared to go, I would play him at ULM without a second thought. WarHawks are playing much better than when we buried them and they will remember that. Saturday would be a terrible day for the winning streak to end. With a 2 PM game, hopefully we can get a few folks to make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If Miller is cleared to go, I would play him at ULM without a second thought. WarHawks are playing much better than when we buried them and they will remember that. Saturday would be a terrible day for the winning streak to end. With a 2 PM game, hopefully we can get a few folks to make the trip.
    We'll be there

Mike--I am driving up on Saturday

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-b.alen-alexander

.you think Marlin can get Alexander to come home?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post

No thanks.last thing we need is a trouble maker coming in and ruining probably the greatest team chemistry in last decade or 2.

I am a strong believer in second chances. Out of the four, Alexander didn’t get a second chance. That speaks volumes.

The two suspended players appeared in a rap video according to tigerploppings. One was tired of school. The coach apparently cut his losses, regardless of APR.

Alexander will do well at McNeese, if he even tries. Don’t care.

I was never that impressed with him on the court.

10. Default

Do not want. He’s a problem.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Nothing is mandatory, but concessions, especially for kids is part of the experience. To dismiss predatory pricing as a fan problem actually ignores opportunities to grow the fan and revenue stream for UL and the dome.
    I don't think UL cares one way or another about concessions. I don't think it is anything they have control over. The dome manages the concessions and they contract it out. The concessions at Cajun Field are staffed by high school students from Lafayette High (I think) for their various clubs, teams.
    The athletic department controls that. If UL received revenue from the concessions at the Cajundome I would be surprised. I think it is one of the concessions for UL using the dome!

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Still think more were there for south al than Monroe
    Agree. Don't think they counted students correctly.

13. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I think I'd hold him out against ULM and give him an extra week to get right. Give Stalcup those minutes against ULM
    When the game is a Cajuns up. By 15-20 with 2 minutes left play the. Bench!!?,

This is one of the SEC's strongest years in awhile in basketball. Alabama is having a winning year in the SEC and Auburn is having a terrific year. Their product is better than in the past so it makes sense the attendance would be up. Mid majors in the south are struggling. I wonder what our attendance rank would be in CUSA. My guess is it would be well into the upper half of that league and I suspect we would do better than many AAC teams as well. When we talk about attendance, we should not gauge ourselves against the SBC, we should do so against CUSA.
    The point was that attendance spikes in the SEC were, I think, due to improved teams. Alabama had a great recruiting class led by one of the top players in Collin Sexton. Texas A & M had what many people thought was a possible final 4 team. Teams like Florida, Missouri & Auburn had really good recruiting years and there was lots of excitement. I know I'm talking about a different league but I don't necessarily agree that basketball is "dead" in the south.

Default Re: MBB Game ON: Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We’re missing Miller due to injury.

Honestly we’ve got 8 guys who,when healthy are all first stringers. Not only that but I’m never afraid of anyone taking a three except Washington who’d only take a three for shot clock issues.

That’s pretty damed deep.
    An 8 man rotation is certainly considered nice but its not what I would consider "deep". Also, I don't think that Cedric Russell would be considered a first stringer at this point. Later on in his career absolutely.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information