Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

It’s crazy to think that if the Dome charged “ONLY” $3.50 for a small bottle of water, everyone would think they are getting a bargain based on what the price is now! 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It’s crazy to think that if the Dome charged “ONLY” $3.50 for a small bottle of water, everyone would think they are getting a bargain based on what the price is now! 😂😂😂
    I think they should charge $2 MAX!!!

I went to look yesterday.

Bottle water $4.75
    Fuze Tea $4.75
    Powerade $4.75

Now shouldn't the water be cheaper than the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I think they should charge $2 MAX!!!

I went to look yesterday.

Bottle water $4.75
    Fuze Tea $4.75
    Powerade $4.75

Now shouldn't the water be cheaper than the other two?
    Concessions are cheaper at Cajun Field, the Tigue and Lamson. $3.00 for a water and 6 for a domestic draft. Why is it so different at the dome? I think the Tigue still uses Sodexo, what about the dome? They setting their own prices. Not questions really directed st you Dre, just piggy backing off of your post.

Dome concessions are independently done by Artisan. All others Sodexo.

I refuse to pay nearly $5 for a bottle of water. That should buy me a case of at least 24 bottles of water.

Hadn't seen this posted, but our RPI is now @56.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Hadn't seen this posted, but our RPI is now @56.
    Saw on the NCAA.com website that it was 58

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m guessing we’re motivated to handle the Georgia twins. It’s hard to get motivated when you’re just better than the opponents we’re playing. Bobby Big Fish absolutely has a basketball plan for both those teams.
    Reading what their fans have to say, the key to beating Ga Southern will be shutting down their 3 point game. They claim if that's done, their inside game can't handle a physical opponent.

8. UL Basketball Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

Most of our OOC opponents won over the weekend. Clemson & Richmond won today. Thinking Mcneese only net loss as SLU & Nicholls played each other.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Saw on the NCAA.com website that it was 58
    Both correct. WAS 55, now 58. Nice to watch, won’t matter.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Troy 69

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Reading what their fans have to say, the key to beating Ga Southern will be shutting down their 3 point game. They claim if that's done, their inside game can't handle a physical opponent.
    So far we’ve neutralized our SBC opponents best option. I’m not worried about GS shooting guard, or GSU studly Simmons or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Most of our OOC opponents won over the weekend. Clemson & Richmond won today. Thinking Mcneese only net loss as SLU & Nicholls played each other.
    Clemson is going to slide after losing Grantham to an ACL injury. They will unfortunately get caught in the tough ACC.

Default Re: MBB Game ON: Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    These refs. laughable
    I don't recall a game where I saw so many late calls. The ball would almost be going down the court the other way and the ref would make a call. Its as if they were waiting to see if it would go in and decide to call a foul if he missed it. The dark haired ref was a toolbag. That guy was more worried about how he looked running down the court than seeing the action and being where he was supposed to be.

Default Re: MBB Game ON: Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    We are blessed to have the depth we have. We hit our stride when other fun belt teams get dog tired and we go to the bench and don't lose much.
    We played 7 guys. That's not a sign of much depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Outside of the diehards and season ticket holders, how many of the 5,000 on Saturday were the same people as the 6,000 on Thursday?

Not many "families" can afford 2 expensive outings in the same week.

In house Cajun Dome concessions could go a long way towards making multiple weekly basketball outings a lifestyle event.

You can divide the total by half (home games) but 35 games a year today, vs 25 total games in the early 70's makes going to every single game a little harder. And that's before the "stay away" concessions sign.
    It is not mandatory to make a purchase at the concession stand to watch basketball!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We may have to get to the Sweet 16 two consecutive years and start strong the following season to get over 6000 when conference play starts. I know MAT disagrees with me but people don't care about basketball in the south. Others say that we need to do something special for people to notice. That won't happen in the regular season. We need to get to NCAA tourney and have success for people to notice. I have noticed that we are not the only school to have this issue. College basketball attendance is down at most places. Of course that is not true for the TV conferences major powers. However it is down at about 200 places. We are better off than most. The focus on the NCAA tournament is one reason why. All that being said, there are some folks planning to go to Monroe. Hopefully some of you can make it as well.
    Mike, I have no frame of reference as I'm not going check every team's attendance this year but I've watched quite a bit college basketball this year, even the SEC, and they are doing quite well in that category. Even Alabama is packing fans in and creating a great atmosphere. They may not be at an ACC or Big 10 attendance level but I would not say that basketball is dead in the south.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information