Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

1. Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. South Alabama 7:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Let's not make it harder than it is.

Just turn the music down a bit.
    This. ^

It's probably at the exact same levels as it was during the game when 5,000 sound absorbers were all still in the room.

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. South Alabama 7:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This. ^

It's probably at the exact same levels as it was during the game when 5,000 sound absorbers were all still in the room.
    I listened for the first time this year on my drive home. I had no problem hearing their conversation and I have severe hearing loss.

3. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    We do a great job attacking the lane creating good three point looks, but I can see a game where we aren't making three's and the defense sags into the lane closing driving options. That would be my thought on the best chance for us to lose.
    As for making, not making 3’s. Absolutely not worried about it. The only player we have that I’m hoping doesn’t take an open three is Washington. There’s no weakness in our three point system. Additionally almost every three point shooter is also very adept at playing in the paint. We disrupt on defense, rebounds belong to us. Generally we make more free throws than the opposition takes

About that guy Washington. Yes getting offensive and defensive rebounds, he’s nullifying their bigs, and he’s taking a lot of free throws.

Honestly we’re better at everything than whatever our opponents pride themselves on. We can actually be messing up a couple of things and still walk away with a double digit win. Actually happened last night. Mediocre free throws, excessive turnovers, and players with too many fouls.

I’m fully on board with running the table unless Washington goes down while Miller is out, and maybe Stove and Stroman limited

4. Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. South Alabama 7:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I listened for the first time this year on my drive home. I had no problem hearing their conversation and I have severe hearing loss.
    Forget Bose, you have noise canceling ears.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/.eadphones.html

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    As for making, not making 3’s. Absolutely not worried about it. The only player we have that I’m hoping doesn’t take an open three is Washington. There’s no weakness in our three point system. Additionally almost every three point shooter is also very adept at playing in the paint. We disrupt on defense, rebounds belong to us. Generally we make more free throws than the opposition takes

About that guy Washington. Yes getting offensive and defensive rebounds, he’s nullifying their bigs, and he’s taking a lot of free throws.

Honestly we’re better at everything than whatever our opponents pride themselves on. We can actually be messing up a couple of things and still walk away with a double digit win. Actually happened last night. Mediocre free throws, excessive turnovers, and players with too many fouls.

I’m fully on board with running the table unless Washington goes down while Miller is out, and maybe Stove and Stroman limited
    The Wyoming game we couldn't make shots. That's the one and only example from this year that I think it cost us the game.

6. UL Basketball Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Early in the year. By the way they beat #23 Nevada (18/4 after loss) Wednesday night in double overtime. So they're not an SBC team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Stroman had his worst game as a Cajun, 7 TOs and he just looked terrible. He should bounce back Saturday night. They need better performances early by Gant and Bartley to get things going without Miller. Marquetti was ice tonight!
    Frank was so so offensively but he held one of the leagues top scorers to a 1 for 10 night. He is much more consistent defensively than he was a year ago. Maybe he is thinking and playing like his linebacker father did on the football field many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The Wyoming game we couldn't make shots. That's the one and only example from this year that I think it cost us the game.
    Not too many loss examples to choose from! :-)

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It is logic. Its based on years of statistics that show that it is increasingly hard to go through conference with an undefeated record and it may very well not be a team that is better than us that beats us. Basically there are an average of 2 teams per season that go through conference season undefeated. I'm not saying it can't be done but I am saying I don't expect it to be done by us this season. We shoot too many 3's and get into foul trouble way too often to not have an off night hit us at some point and I'm fine with it. I expect it to happen and just plan on enjoying the ride along the way. I also know that the makeup of this team will carry it through that loss and on to better things.
    I accept your opinion, but disagree that it’s “logic”. The reality that going undefeated is massively unusual is due to many factors. It’s “logic” that only a currently undefeated team will go undefeated. There is no arbitrary logic that an undefeated team will lose. In fact, a team that’s undefeated after the midway point, and keeps bagging wins, is less likely to lose, due to less remaining chances. not to mention proof of superiority. It’s about as illogical believing a proven winner will lose as the notion in football where talking heads will say, “well Bob, the Patriots have beaten them both times during the regular season. and we all know how hard it is to beat someone a third time.” Bob should answer, “No dumbass, it is precisely the fact that the Patriots beat them twice before that makes the Patriots the favorite in the third contest”. But “the Bob’s” talk to each other so much that “logic” is not one of their strong suits.

It is not logical that the Cajuns, at this juncture, in this conference, will lose. If they face a better team, or a better prepared team, on a future night, it very well may happen. But it’s not because of “logic”. Each bagged win in an undefeated streak is actially adding to the probability of an undefeated conference season. not the improbability.

And none of that has to do with how it makes a fan “feel” if a loss occurs. It’s great to hear pledges on here that “If we lose, it won’t change how I feel about this team or this year”. I wasn’t even aware that was on the line for Cajun fans posting on here.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

J1more not only winning but dominating, and nullifying the opposition best assets. We’re scary good.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That’s interesting. I have extremely good hearing. I can hear a pin drop a mile away. if there’s no background noise. But with background noise, I can’t hear someone talking loudly from 2 feet away. I cannot tolerate a radio broadcast with loud crowd noise. I wonder if you’re less sensitive to background noise, and can focus on the voices, because you have severe hearing loss.

12. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

I too have severe loss of hearing. Maybe my hearing aids were picking up everything. My car mate, also hearing problems was cussing the radio. He doesn’t use aids. So I guess somebody’s just a bit better than almost everyone.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information