Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Again I don't believe this includes students as they just look at our ID's and don't actually scan them.
    It would be ridiculous to not include students in total attendance. Surely, they are not doing that, although I don't understand how they would get an accurate count without scanning students.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It would be ridiculous to not include students in total attendance. Surely, they are not doing that, although I don't understand how they would get an accurate count without scanning students.
    The other people in attendance that aren't typically counted are kids who are entering using their Young Ragin' Cajuns Club card. Nothing to scan there. Most of the time, the door person just waives them through. I did notice ONCE this year, that the lady had one of those silver manual clicker counters that was at least attempting to count each entrant. but she was working the scanner in one hand and the clicker in the other. Good luck with that.

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. South Alabama 7:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Stroman had his worst game as a Cajun, 7 TOs and he just looked terrible. He should bounce back Saturday night. They need better performances early by Gant and Bartley to get things going without Miller. Marquetti was ice tonight!
    Stroman will be a no show for the game if he plans to play Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Stroman will be a no show for the game if he plans to play Saturday night.
    Well, he was pretty much a no show last night! But he will bounce back.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

My concern is that the other team will get hot when we have a bad night. It happens.
    I do love how this team can still stomp the other team even if we are having an off night.

6. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

The stress of overachieving breaks winning streaks and the pressure release immediately turns into losing streaks.

I don't see this team as overachieving and certainly not under stress.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Post game show is a train wreck. Not Jay's fault, the music the dome plays when the kids have access to the court, can't hear Jay or Marlin.
    I agree.
    The pre-game interview with Marlin is taped. Is that done in the locker room?
    Why can't the interview be conducted in the locker room after the game?
    Or, how about in the media room?
    Some will say because the equipment is already set up on the court.
    Doesn't Stevie P. have his own equipment? Use that one in the media room.
    Pretty sad to have a post-game interview that people can't hear.
    Turn the volume down on the music.
    Kids have enough energy! They don't need it.

8. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

The signal from the remote mike won't travel through walls is my suspicion, but they could do a simultaneous call in to the studio from a quite room.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    We need to iron out the bugs on Troy before the Georgia trip. Ron Hunter would like nothing more than to give us a loss. I will be brutally honest. I would trade a loss in the regular season in order to sweep the tournament.
    I would trade a loss to ULM for a win at Georgia State!
    On the other hand, how about undefeated in conference.

10. Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. South Alabama 7:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well, he was pretty much a no show last night! But he will bounce back.
    He played pretty damned well. Granted people chose which stats to pay attention to. He was still making great assists, slowed and shut down his opponents, hit critical free throws. Playing strong defense with 3, & 4 fouls without fouling out. By the way a couple of those fouls were ghost fouls.

11. UL Basketball Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. South Alabama 7:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I agree.
    Something needs to change, or just skip it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He played pretty damned well. Granted people chose which stats to pay attention to. He was still making great assists, slowed and shut down his opponents, hit critical free throws. Playing strong defense with 3, & 4 fouls without fouling out. By the way a couple of those fouls were ghost fouls.
    agreed, his turnovers came once he beat his guy off the dribble and had an open lay up look, but chose to kick it out to a shooter, that was already crashing the boards for a put back. he did have one or two careless turnovers late, but he didnt play bad by any measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's true. It's a bummer the conference isn't better for the reason you stated. because even if we end the season with a gaudy record for the effort. our fans also expect us to be formidable in an NCAA or NIT opening round.

As for winning every game in conference. there's no logic derived from what we are seeing to come up with "but they'll drop a game somewhere along the way". That's not "logic". In fact, as we put each W behind us. unless there's an opponent ahead deemed better than us. the probability of a "perfect conference season" increases. It does not decrease. Only fans "get more stressed" about some impending expectation unrealized. And when fans get stressed (those that fuel their own silly stress). you read on fan boards projections of "dropping a game". it's a fan's way of accepting an emotional hit a little bit at a time. instead of all at once.
    It is logic. Its based on years of statistics that show that it is increasingly hard to go through conference with an undefeated record and it may very well not be a team that is better than us that beats us. Basically there are an average of 2 teams per season that go through conference season undefeated. I'm not saying it can't be done but I am saying I don't expect it to be done by us this season. We shoot too many 3's and get into foul trouble way too often to not have an off night hit us at some point and I'm fine with it. I expect it to happen and just plan on enjoying the ride along the way. I also know that the makeup of this team will carry it through that loss and on to better things.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It is logic. Its based on years of statistics that show that it is increasingly hard to go through conference with an undefeated record and it may very well not be a team that is better than us that beats us. Basically there are an average of 2 teams per season that go through conference season undefeated. I'm not saying it can't be done but I am saying I don't expect it to be done by us this season. We shoot too many 3's and get into foul trouble way too often to not have an off night hit us at some point and I'm fine with it. I expect it to happen and just plan on enjoying the ride along the way. I also know that the makeup of this team will carry it through that loss and on to better things.
    We do a great job attacking the lane creating good three point looks, but I can see a game where we aren't making three's and the defense sags into the lane closing driving options. That would be my thought on the best chance for us to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I agree.
    Let's not make it harder than it is.

Just turn the music down a bit.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information